Harbaugh

Brutal schedule this year. I think he's safe regardless this year, but if they lose 4-5 games (counting bowl game) and finish 3rd or 4th in the Big Ten East again his seat's going to be red hot next year IMO.

It's not hard to imagine considering they play at Ohio State and Sparty, and also have Penn State and Wisconsin on their schedule. Given the loss today, a 9-3 regular season would be a good finish given what they have ahead.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Brutal schedule. Now that’s funny

Schedule turned out to be a dud. Penn State, ranking aside, isn't that impressive. Sparty sucks, and correct me if I'm wrong, they got Wisconsin without their starting QB.

A good argument could be made that Harbaugh lost to the only two good teams on his schedule this year.

I'm convinced our games with them (PSU) are so difficult because they get up for us the way we get up for M*chigan, and we don't always reciprocate

I think there's a lot of truth to that. Penn State seems to treat Ohio State as a major rivalry, and on the Ohio State side it's looked at as a second-tier rivalry.

Ohio State playing in State College with their whole night game/whiteout schtick might be the most hostile environment in college football for any visiting team.

It's been that way as long as I an remember. Penn State is a bit of a misfit in the conference. They belong in a conference with WVU, Pitt, and Syracuse, but the fans think they're a program that's a tier above, so that puts Ohio State on their radar being the closest team. I have a lot of family in PA and the people there really get up for the OSU game.

It's been that way as long as I an remember. Penn State is a bit of a misfit in the conference. They belong in a conference with WVU, Pitt, and Syracuse, but the fans think they're a program that's a tier above, so that puts Ohio State on their radar being the closest team. I have a lot of family in PA and the people there really get up for the OSU game.
It is a weird dynamic. The whole "rivalry" angle does seem to be that they think they're too good for the schools you mentioned. Ohio State seems to have become the default target as pre-Rutgers and Maryland they were by far the closest league school, and they've just about always have been good since Penn State has been in the Big Ten.

I'd even argue that their average message board fan hates Ohio State more than the average message board Michigan fan does. I started to notice it during the Pryor years.

It is a weird dynamic. The whole "rivalry" angle does seem to be that they think they're too good for the schools you mentioned. Ohio State seems to have become the default target as pre-Rutgers and Maryland they were by far the closest league school, and they've just about always have been good since Penn State has been in the Big Ten.

I'd even argue that their average message board fan hates Ohio State more than the average message board Michigan fan does. I started to notice it during the Pryor years.

Probably bc they wish they were seen as an equal and true rival. Little brother syndrome

It is little brotherish. The average diehard fan seems to be easily irritated by any notion that it isn't a real rivalry, or that they're kind of on the same tier as playing say Michigan State.

No. Bo upset the “team of the century” in the 1969 Ohio State Buckeyes. He again beat OSU in year 3. He was 5-4-1 vs Woody.
Hair ball isn’t Bo... he’s not Carr.
Ohio State has focused on Football and recruiting much more than Michigan has. We have better talent and better coaches.
Michigan needs to get another coach from Ohio besides Hairball. Schiano would come to mind. Maybe Day.
Urban has created a powerhouse program that will get coaches poached every year.

I wouldn't consider them to have a talent problem. The talent overall is fine. Their issue IMO is that the college game has changed while Harbaugh has not, and they lack speed. In terms of philosophy and personnel, I'd consider them to be a lot like Wisconsin but with better players.

He really should have a conscience and give his salary back
Certainly hasn’t earned it.

No. Bo upset the “team of the century” in the 1969 Ohio State Buckeyes. He again beat OSU in year 3. He was 5-4-1 vs Woody.
Hair ball isn’t Bo... he’s not Carr.
Ohio State has focused on Football and recruiting much more than Michigan has. We have better talent and better coaches.
Michigan needs to get another coach from Ohio besides Hairball. Schiano would come to mind. Maybe Day.
Urban has created a powerhouse program that will get coaches poached every year.
Just expounding Bless Em'....
Great numbers for Bo! BUT how many national championships did he win? Does he he even have a mythical championship? I guess his biggest accomplishment is he beat Ohio State 5 times. Woody at least has 5 mythical ones. :shrug: js

Michigan is in a tough spot. Harbaugh is probably about as good as their going to get as a coach. Until he starts recruiting more speed, Michigan can't compete nationally.
You can put up great defensive stats when you play Michigan State, Penn State, and the rest of the slower big ten teams. Ohio State is the only Big ten School that has and resemblance of SEC team speed, and you saw what happened on Saturday.

Just expounding Bless Em'....
Great numbers for Bo! BUT how many national championships did he win? Does he he even have a mythical championship? I guess his biggest accomplishment is he beat Ohio State 5 times. Woody at least has 5 mythical ones. :shrug: js

Woody's last national title came the year before Bo arrived at tsun.

Woody's last national title came the year before Bo arrived at tsun.

And......in the last three games of the ten year war tsun held tOSU to 0, 6, & 3.

Bad memories!

Still amazing how Bo and Woody helped fuel the rivalry - and yet maintained a great personal and professional respect for each other.

I can't see Rodgers agreeing to play for a control freak like Harbaugh. Would be interesting to watch them fight though