Happy Veterans Day

M2M

Cooling Off
A salute to all my fellow veterans today. Lets take a chance to thank the vets that you can and remember the ones who paid the ultimate price for your freedoms.

Happy Veterans Day to you, M2M. I have to admit, I still get choked up when the Anthem plays. Thank you for your service as well Brother!

Indeed, Happy Veterans day to all my fellow Yappster Veterans.

I'm also proud of my eldest son who is a Iraqi war combat vet, and my 2nd son, who now serves in the 82nd Airborne, soon to be deployed to Afghanistan. I think I'll give them both a call today...

Anyone else have kids serving?

Thank you to all the vets for your service and sacrifice...I come from a military family...my sister just retired from the Air Force after 20 years in the medical field...she has been to Iraq twice and Afghanistan twice...she said Afghanistan was pretty bad...It pains me to see people not saluting(talking, keeping hats on or not paying attention) the flag as the NA is being played or some1 singing it...have been in quite a few arguments with parents whose kids I had to "straighten out" for doing that!!! 2 things my 14 yr old knows-the lord's prayer and respect during national anthem!!!

One of the most touching momenst I have ever seen was this year at Springfield's Memorial Day Parade...they had pictures of a group of brothers and cousins, all related, who enlisted in WWII...only one is alive now...they found him in the crowd and treated him like a rockstar!!!!

Thank you to all the vets for your service and sacrifice...I come from a military family...my sister just retired from the Air Force after 20 years in the medical field...she has been to Iraq twice and Afghanistan twice...she said Afghanistan was pretty bad...It pains me to see people not saluting(talking, keeping hats on or not paying attention) the flag as the NA is being played or some1 singing it...have been in quite a few arguments with parents whose kids I had to "straighten out" for doing that!!! 2 things my 14 yr old knows-the lord's prayer and respect during national anthem!!!

I agree. Too often I see grown men with their hats on during the Anthem, or people just ignoring it and talking through it. Zero respect for those folks. One of these days I'm going all "Randy Orre" on em.

I've had words with people over that also!

:>---

:confused: