Happy Columbus Day!

Thavoice

Anyone doing anything to commemorate this great man? Do you have the day off? I think to honor him I'll take the boat out before the rains come. Enjoy!

I'm off work today - oh wait, I'm retired now. But it was a day off from work I looked forward to every year.

Here's my salute to Columbus, featuring "Round Round World" starting at the 4:35 mark. From the genius of Stan Freberg, accompanied by Jesse White (the original lonely Maytag repairman):

Even though we live in an age where we second guess everything and try to change history, what Columbus did was amazing. The courage to set out on this expedition to the unknown must have been exciting and awe inspiring. The world is a better place because of this adventurous spirit.

Even though we live in an age where we second guess everything and try to change history, what Columbus did was amazing. The courage to set out on this expedition to the unknown must have been exciting and awe inspiring. The world is a better place because of this adventurous spirit.
Ya would have to think he and his crew figured the liekly would die and never see home again. I don't know why the hate to be honest

“He discovered America is what he did. He was a brave Italian explorer. And in this house, Christopher Columbus is a hero. End of story!” - Tony Soprano

Probably the biggest event in human history. People came from Asia to North America tens of thousands years ago. Then those groups were isolated for 10,000 years until Columbus came.