Hamilton Baseball

Is this thread a jinx? Since posting some freshmen stats the team has lost 6 in a row and seems to have contracted the varsity's fielding problems.

this HHS team is loaded with talent as i years past but just not playing like it!!! you have about 5 players who could play at the next level.... all we can hope is that the ship gets righted and they go into the tourney with a little swagger!!

WOW!!! 24 errors in 12 games that's not good at all, if that keeps up the blue will not be able to turn the season around. I know you have to hit to score runs but you can't give teams an extra 2 outs a game and don't think it's not going to hurt you in a close game.

This is exactly what I am going through this year and what I went through last year also, she says I'm too hard on him.
I've always let the athletes in my life know, how good you become is all up to you. You are the one that has to be willing to put in the time and make the commitment. I always remind them that they will only go as far as they decide to go. Ultimately, it is their reality and responsibility to achieve their goals, not ours as parents to impose what we might think they want. The game mirrors life in so many ways, that it isn't always necessary to remind a kid how bad they are in any given game, but to relay the games experiances to life. Make them make the key decisions, how dedicated do they want to be, are they going to put in the time without complaining about not having extra free-time, is it going to affect the academics and if so is it really worth it in the long run, are they going to look to me for assistance when sitting the bench or figure out how to remedy the situation themselves? So much more than just catching or missing a ball.

ray of hope

BP your kid has been rippin the leather off the ball. And what a pitcher, he's the REAL DEAL, so congrats to you as a proud papa and to him as a ray of hope.:party:

I've always let the athletes in my life know, how good you become is all up to you. You are the one that has to be willing to put in the time and make the commitment. I always remind them that they will only go as far as they decide to go. Ultimately, it is their reality and responsibility to achieve their goals, not ours as parents to impose what we might think they want. The game mirrors life in so many ways, that it isn't always necessary to remind a kid how bad they are in any given game, but to relay the games experiances to life. Make them make the key decisions, how dedicated do they want to be, are they going to put in the time without complaining about not having extra free-time, is it going to affect the academics and if so is it really worth it in the long run, are they going to look to me for assistance when sitting the bench or figure out how to remedy the situation themselves? So much more than just catching or missing a ball.

WOW! :eek: That is probably one of the top five posts I've seen on Yappi!
Ever! :clap: :clap: :clap:

You have just articulated the truth so well in just a couple of paragraphs. You have actually made me re-think some issues. Congratulations! Your earlier transgressions are now forgiven! :laugh:

Last edited: