Gwoc

No. Springfield won at Fairfield the week after FF's star RB had the 7 TDs at Centerville which you referenced. Fact check it. The game was continued to Saturday morning due to lightening. SHS didn't have their kicker so they won it on a 2 pt conversion.
Jeeze. Read. I said, “I went to the game ...”. I did not state a date. Damn.

Springfield scrimmaged Moeller last year in the jamboree game and was 23-0 Cats when starters came out. Is Moeller young

Springfield scrimmaged Moeller last year in the jamboree game and was 23-0 Cats when starters came out. Is Moeller young
Yeah, they are in full rebuild. They had a good amount of speed on offense this year, and their TE is a monster (going to that school up north, son of former Bengal Eric Kattus), but their QB wasn't very good, and their defense was putrid. They will maybe be a .500 team next year, but will improve. They ran out their most successful recent coach, and have been struggling since.

Jeeze. Read. I said, “I went to the game ...”. I did not state a date. Damn.
You read your own post. You brought up the Fairfield RB's 7 TDs as an example of GMC dominance over GWOC. I pointed out, that same Fairfield team lost to the GWOC champion the very next week.

Yeah, they are in full rebuild. They had a good amount of speed on offense this year, and their TE is a monster (going to that school up north, son of former Bengal Eric Kattus), but their QB wasn't very good, and their defense was putrid. They will maybe be a .500 team next year, but will improve. They ran out their most successful recent coach, and have been struggling since.
has Moeller become more of a basketball school today with less emphasis on football now?

Northmont has recent wins over Winton Woods, Fairfield, Lakota East, Middletown, Pickerington North, Marysville, and Hilliard Darby. Nice try though. Current Springfield coach is 2-4 vs Northmont. Current Wayne coach is 0-2. Congrats to the co coaches of the year.
Thanks for pointing that out to these cats fans who seem to think springfield is the only team in the gwoc.

Actually did, and would have done it again if not for the bailout.
You should be thankful. Northmont got bailed out of SHS's revenge tour on their way to State, yet again. That game would have been more painful for NM than the state championship game was for PC, trust me.

A very respectable record indeed! I thought Wayne stopped playing GCL teams and Colerain in the regular season when they were in Region 4 to keep them from bumping Wayne down or out of the playoffs. Jay talked about that one week on the coaches show.

We talked about the GCL schools back when we were in R4. I stated that it was not worth playing them as they will not give you great Harbins compared to the risk of losing the game and getting 0. Wayne tried to schedule R3 teams but had a difficult time getting schools to play them so they had to play out of state teams and Moeller....

I'll say it.... I mean we all know it but I will say it,,,, the reason why the Northmont coach did not get the coach of the year is because he is white.
Oh my God ... what's next, same reason why Rice didn't get POY? Are you aware the WOL and GMVC were notoriously white before they formed the GWOC. They used to call the WOL the "whites only league." And, they just kicked Trotwood out. Good luck selling this argument.

Last edited:
What a joke.
Oh my God ... what's next, same reason why Rice didn't get POY? Are you aware the WOL and GMVC were notoriously white before they formed the GWOC. They used to call the WOL the "whites only league." And, they just kicked Trotwood out. Good luck selling this argument.
I think that he is stirring the pot. He knows Coach Douglas is the man right now in the GWOC.

Last edited:
That is your opinion. You have no idea what the Warriors are in the locker room. Maybe they had a COVID outbreak. You getting on here and speaking out of your pie hole when you have no idea what transpired at Wayne speaks volumes to me as to your character. I know you want them to play their allotted games, I get it. But don't get on here and condemn them when you don't know the whole story.

Wayne decided not to play the last 3 weeks to focus on Basketball.

Trotwood was only allowed to stay in the GWOC because 10 teams were better for scheduling then 9. Once Lebanon left it didn't make sense to keep Trotwood. Plus other than Football, Basketball, and Track they have a hard time being fielding a team let alone being competitive.

Truth be told Wayne is only competitive in the GWOC in Football, Basketball, Track, and Wrestling. The rest of the sports they are an MVL team.

Trotwood was only allowed to stay in the GWOC because 10 teams were better for scheduling then 9. Once Lebanon left it didn't make sense to keep Trotwood. Plus other than Football, Basketball, and Track they have a hard time being fielding a team let alone being competitive.

Truth be told Wayne is only competitive in the GWOC in Football, Basketball, Track, and Wrestling. The rest of the sports they are an MVL team.
What does that have to do with the allegation that the football post season league awards were racist?

That not being competitive in non revenue is complete bs. I would of rather heard it’s because your not primarily d1. Springfield doesn’t compete well in most girl sports and hasn’t in a while for boys besides football basketball and track.

Trotwood was always the outsider of the league and got screwed by the mvl which made it even easier for gwoc to remove them

I'll say it.... I mean we all know it but I will say it,,,, the reason why the Northmont coach did not get the coach of the year is because he is white.
In today's environment of "social justice" and "BLM", that could be true. I just found it interesting that Northmont's coach did not get one of the two awards. It just seems he deserved it more than the Wayne's coach. Probably other factors lead to the decision, but just interesting.

Last edited:
That not being competitive in non revenue is complete bs. I would of rather heard it’s because your not primarily d1. Springfield doesn’t compete well in most girl sports and hasn’t in a while for boys besides football basketball and track.

Trotwood was always the outsider of the league and got screwed by the mvl which made it even easier for gwoc to remove them
I always thought people had it in for Trotwood because they had gotten too competitive and too good in football and basketball.

In today's environment of "social justice" and "BLM", that could be true. I just found it interesting that Northmont's coach did not get one of the two awards. It just seems he deserved it more than the Wayne's coach. Probably other factors lead to the decision, but just interesting.
Why is it interesting?

They have some good girls teams as well, if that means anything on the boys forum.

hilarious there are only 2 black head coaches in the league and they got coach of year cause of BLM and a coach lost because he was white? Nvm one of the coaches has back to back final 4 appearances lost 1 gwoc game last 2 years. Other coach was thrown into a bad spot last season and had a pretty successful year this year

Why is it interesting?
Northmont was undefeated, won a GWOC title outright for first time in years or maybe ever, won playoff game, coach deserves credit. Unfortunately season cut short. Wayne did have a decent season at 5-3, won a playoff game, but coach at times seems to make some questionable decisions. Not what I would expect for a COY award.

Springfield was a state threat and was to go 6-0 in league, Wayne was next at 5-1... Northmont was predicted somewhere around 3-3.

Northmont went 8-0, beat Springfield and Wayne..... There were way behind Springfield and came back to win, they trailed by 17 in the 4th qtr to Wayne and came back and won...... No doubt in my mind that the Northmont coach should of been coach of the year. I do not know who won it last year but it should of been Douglass if he did not get it. As for coach Mukes no way in hell should he have gotten. Going for it on 4th down inside your own 20 in the 4th qtr while leading is just plain not coach of the year material. They went for it twice on 4th down deep inside their territory in that game that cost them the game. Wayne did not beat one team that they were suppose to beat.

All this "woke" or what ever we are calling it is what I believe is the reason why the coach of the year is who it was...... I have no issues with Coach Douglass being coach of the year if it was shared with the Bolts coach.... but no way Mukes...... sorry, that is just how I feel about what is going on in todays world. We should be able to speak our mind and I am sure I will be shunned because of it but I am sure I am not alone with this thinking.....

one last thing..... Mukes was not thrown into the situation but I won't get into that.... and 5-3 is NEVER a SUCCESSFUL year at Wayne.... and when 5-3 becomes that then the program is long lost.....
Thats some pure bs. Almost every year a white coach has won the award including last year when Wilhite won and Mo shut him out at Springboro. Your saying its never successful at Wayne because of the past when outsiders just look at it as the transfers finally quit coming yearly. Mukes 2nd year as a hc did well this year and i’m sure he hopes blowhards like you have became would just go root for someone else at this point. Stories I have heard from actual players and parents at Wayne have said complete opposite of you