GWOC results - WK 6!

Who wins the GWOC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And no cupcakes. Like some leagues.
you are not very bright if you think that’s agreement
In case you missed last night's scores, St X and Elder qualify as cupcakes. Remember, Elder edged Springboro by 1 point where Springboro had a chance to win at the very end. And, LaSalle already lost to the GWOC.

In case you missed last night's scores, St X and Elder qualify as cupcakes. Remember, Elder edged Springboro by 1 point where Springboro had a chance to win at the very end.
And elder put 59 on Moe last year while SHS struggled to 22. So there’s that
SHS goes no where as competition increases averaging 59 yards a game rushing the ball. Against GWOC….

SHS goes no where as competition increases averaging 59 yards a game rushing the ball. Against GWOC….
Also last year, Moe struggled and ultimately succumbed to the Wildcats didn't they? And, in the prior game LW only scored 17 points against Moe. So, are you saying they are incapable of going all the way this year? Last night, the Cats rushed for about 130 yards along with nearly 500 passing yards. I think they got back a RB who was injured earlier.

Funny how elder beat boro by 1 while springfield obliterated them

Funny how elder beat boro by 1 while springfield obliterated them
And Springboro had the ball last and was driving in Elder territory when they ran out of time. In contrast, last night, it was a running clock that ran out the time. Springboro even had the lead against Elder and it looked like they would win. But all of this is conveniently missing from his analysis.

Last edited:
Maybe the hype for springboro was a little over inflated. They did luck out vs both cville and fairmont. Guess we will see in the next few weeks.

Also last year, Moe struggled and ultimately succumbed to the Wildcats didn't they? And, in the prior game LW only scored 17 points against Moe. So, are you saying they are incapable of going all the way this year? Last night, the Cats rushed for about 130 yards along with nearly 500 passing yards. I think they got back a RB who was injured earlier.
Nice excuse

Moe will beat them. Elder would too
SHS would struggle in GCL. 1-2 in last 3 years. A losing record

A dynasty with no state titles. Cmon man
I'm not participating in these stupid circular arguments you try to create. And I'm not going to read these posts. But otherwise, feel free to post whatever you want to your heart's content.

Springfield would blow out elder. Moe is the best in ohio however
Yes. Notice how these biased "haters" hold SHS to a different standard. SHS can blow out a state ranked team by 40 points with a running clock, win 3 regional titles, beat Moeller in a state semifinal and be state runner-up. All of it, counts for nothing. In contrast, Elder and St Xavier can be blown out and embarrassed on national TV but that can be ignored. Centerville - who has done nothing in the playoffs for decades - can barely beat mediocre teams and lose to teams SHS beats by 40 the next week, but all will be forgiven and redeemed in the state polls by beating Beavercreek. Apparently, until SHS becomes superhuman and compete for NFL Super Bowl titles, nothing they do on the field will ever count for anything. I guess my question is, what is someone like Couch Douglass supposed to say when his team asks why these other schools like Centerville don't have to prove it on the field the same way?

Yes. Notice how these biased "haters" hold SHS to a different standard. SHS can blow out a state ranked team by 40 points with a running clock, win 3 regional titles, beat Moeller in a state semifinal and be state runner-up. All of it, counts for nothing. In contrast, Elder and St Xavier can be blown out and embarrassed on national TV but that can be ignored. Centerville - who has done nothing in the playoffs for decades - can barely beat mediocre teams and lose to teams SHS beats by 40 the next week, but all will be forgiven and redeemed in the state polls by beating Beavercreek. Apparently, until SHS becomes superhuman and compete for NFL Super Bowl titles, nothing they do on the field will ever count for anything. I guess my question is, what is someone like Couch Douglass supposed to say when his team asks why these other schools like Centerville don't have to prove it on the field the same way?
I take it this way. The more hate the more scared they are to face the Wildcats in the playoffs. 👍🏻😎. Go Wildcats!

I've said it before. Over the years, Ohio D1 football has been dominated by the private schools in Cleveland and Cincinnati. They wanna keep it that way.
If you remember, the same yahoos that are dissing Springfield are the same dissing Wayne when they dominated the Cincy privates. Heck, even the OSHAA took them out of region 4 because the Cincy privates got their panties in a bunch about Wayne dominating them 😂😂😂😂😂😂

If you remember, the same yahoos that are dissing Springfield are the same dissing Wayne when they dominated the Cincy privates. Heck, even the OSHAA took them out of region 4 because the Cincy privates got their panties in a bunch about Wayne dominating them 😂😂😂😂😂😂
That is absolutely 100% true. Yappi posters are one thing. But, I consider the state poll to be part of the actual HS football system. There will always be some discretion. But there are also the facts of what happens on the field. And, it's troubling when different standards are being applied to different schools for who knows what reason. So, I do want to see SHS win it all on the field. But I until then, I can't agree it's ok to employ different standards because you're biased

Everybody has to prove it on the field for what really matters - which is not polls.

I bet coaches and players don’t even reference the ap polls. They worry about winning the game and the computer rankings for seeding.

As for the SHS ap ranking the fairmont loss hurt you guys more than anything. A loss to an unranked school will drop you further than a loss to a ranked school. Fairmont was unranked SHS lost boro was ranked cville lost. Yeah SHS beat boro the next week but that does not make up for losing to an unranked team.

I bet coaches and players don’t even reference the ap polls. They worry about winning the game and the computer rankings for seeding.

As for the SHS ap ranking the fairmont loss hurt you guys more than anything. A loss to an unranked school will drop you further than a loss to a ranked school. Fairmont was unranked SHS lost boro was ranked cville lost. Yeah SHS beat boro the next week but that does not make up for losing to an unranked team.
Springboro was unranked when they beat Centerville. Why isn't that treated the same way? And why in the world would beating Beavercreek then move you up to the #4 poll position, with a 1st place vote? It's biased. There's no point denying that. If you were Coach Douglass, how would you explan this to your players?