GWOC basketball

How are all the team doing in the GWOC I know Troy is leading in the Northern Division, and Centerville seems to be doing the controlling in the Central... from what i've heard its Springboro and Fairborn in the South... Let me know what everyone thinks.

How are all the team doing in the GWOC I know Troy is leading in the Northern Division, and Centerville seems to be doing the controlling in the Central... from what i've heard its Springboro and Fairborn in the South... Let me know what everyone thinks.

Well we are closing in on the halfway point on the regular season, and I will give my thoughts:

Fairmont and Centerville are the class of the Central, and they will get to find out who gets the upper hand this Wednesday in their first meeting. The Birds will be getting Makayla Waterman back, which will make them immediately better. Centerville is playing really well now, with 7 wins in a row. Alex Henning is playing as well as anyone in the conference. I really like how Danie Shafer is playing at Wayne. Beavercreek and Northmont have both beaten Wayne, meaning the fight for third is a toss up between those three teams.

Troy is the top team in the North, and Butler is their only competition right now. Piqua, Sidney, Trotwood and Greenville have only won a combined 5 games this season. Troy has solid guard play with Kristen Wood and Chelsey Sakal, and while both are struggling a bit with their shooting, they are steady and solid leaders. Tori Merrell has played well at times this season. i just don't see anyone else stepping up to challenge Troy or Butler. Sidney could emerge as the third team, with the return of Konner Harris from her ACL surgery. Harris and Wood are the top two players in the North. Watch for Greenville junior Megan Galloway, who has improved her game also.

You are correct in the south. Springboro and Fairborn are clearly ahead of everyone else. Right now, Springboro has the upper hand with a win against the Skyhawks. Springboro has some very good experienced shooters, and a major force in the paint with DeGraaf. Brooklyn Pumroy has returned from ACL repair, giving Born a major weapon to add to their strong start.

Well we are closing in on the halfway point on the regular season, and I will give my thoughts:

Fairmont and Centerville are the class of the Central, and they will get to find out who gets the upper hand this Wednesday in their first meeting. The Birds will be getting Makayla Waterman back, which will make them immediately better. Centerville is playing really well now, with 7 wins in a row. Alex Henning is playing as well as anyone in the conference. I really like how Danie Shafer is playing at Wayne. Beavercreek and Northmont have both beaten Wayne, meaning the fight for third is a toss up between those three teams.

Troy is the top team in the North, and Butler is their only competition right now. Piqua, Sidney, Trotwood and Greenville have only won a combined 5 games this season. Troy has solid guard play with Kristen Wood and Chelsey Sakal, and while both are struggling a bit with their shooting, they are steady and solid leaders. Tori Merrell has played well at times this season. i just don't see anyone else stepping up to challenge Troy or Butler. Sidney could emerge as the third team, with the return of Konner Harris from her ACL surgery. Harris and Wood are the top two players in the North. Watch for Greenville junior Megan Galloway, who has improved her game also.

You are correct in the south. Springboro and Fairborn are clearly ahead of everyone else. Right now, Springboro has the upper hand with a win against the Skyhawks. Springboro has some very good experienced shooters, and a major force in the paint with DeGraaf. Brooklyn Pumroy has returned from ACL repair, giving Born a major weapon to add to their strong start.

i think centerville will beat Fairmont 2 times having seen both and centerville has the edge in coaching imo. Its admirable for athletes to come back so quickly from a knee injury but if counting on a player coming back and being an immediate reason her team would contend i see Troy in the drivers seat in that division. Pumroy is a fun player to watch glad she made it back. She is the one headed to Marquette correct? The last half of all GWOC divisions should be fun and entertaining to watch

i think centerville will beat Fairmont 2 times having seen both and centerville has the edge in coaching imo. Its admirable for athletes to come back so quickly from a knee injury but if counting on a player coming back and being an immediate reason her team would contend i see Troy in the drivers seat in that division. Pumroy is a fun player to watch glad she made it back. She is the one headed to Marquette correct? The last half of all GWOC divisions should be fun and entertaining to watch

The game Wednesday will be a good one. Both Tim and Adam do a nice job with their teams, and should have them ready.

I agree, Troy is definately in the drivers seat in the North. They just had a huge non-conference win against Tipp last week also.

Yes, Brooke is headed to Marquette. Hopefully she can be a major factor and lead Fairborn to a nice tourney run. It should be quite a second half of the season in the GWOC!

If I were to rank the GWOC teams, regardless of divisions they are in, my order would look like this:
Springboro. They've done everything well so far. They look dominating.
Fairmont. I know they have lost to Fairborn, but they have been without their best player in Waterman. Even getting her back at 75% is much better than most of the other players in the GWOC.
Fairborn. Gassion is one of the best in the area period
Centerville. They are good, but they do not have the inside presence that the other teams possess.
Wayne-Beavercreek-Northmont. I know the Beavers and Bolts have gotten the best of the Warriors at home, but both have to go to Wayne in the next few weeks. Bolts and Beavers split last year and look for a close game this year in both games.
Troy. The North is not very good at all. Troy should have a great record come tourney time since they get Greenville, Sidney, Trotwood, Piqua, and Butler twice on their schedule. That's 10 wins against some pretty poor competition. What they do out of league against some of the teams above should dictate what type of team they are.
Miamisburg. Not far off the middle teams in this group.
Springfield. Not very good, but better than every other team in the North.
Lebanon.
Butler.
Trotwood.
Sidney.
Xenia.
Greenville.
West Carrollton.
Piqua.

Honestly, towards the bottom, who knows. The gap between the top team and the ones in the bottom of the GWOC in general is incredible. I would venture to say there isn't a player on the bottom 10 teams in the league that would start on the top 5 teams in the league.

I think the Central is more balanced with pretty good teams all the way through the division, with the exception of Springfield.

The South has very strong teams in the top two spots, but some flat out bad teams at the bottom.

The North has Troy, which might beat out Springfield in the Central, give Northmont, Wayne and Beavercreek good games, but that is it. Butler is the next team in the North, and they are just not very good this year. The rest are bad teams...Period.

Last edited: