Guardian Caps coming to Regular Season

LCL

No, not Cleveland

I've seen these worn in HS 7on7s, and they wear these in training camp now. I wonder how many players will actually use these.

Not these?
Cleveland Guardians G Baseball Logo Dad's Hat Cap Embroidered Gift - Picture 1 of 2

Coming full circle back to padded helmets
We actually wore padded leather helmets in grade school in the late 60s-early 70s. Our coaches were old school, no other team in our league did. Catholic grade school league Pittsburgh area.

We actually wore padded leather helmets in grade school in the late 60s-early 70s. Our coaches were old school, no other team in our league did. Catholic grade school league Pittsburgh area.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but the guardian cap goes overtop the helmet ‘shell’ so everyone has a traditional helmet on. The guardian cap helps absorb some of the impact which lessens the hit. I believe a lot of the helmet technology comes from automakers car crash testing and NASCAR testing. Anything to help reduce/lessen concussions is obviously a good thing, I hope the Guardian Caps work.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong but the guardian cap goes overtop the helmet ‘shell’ so everyone has a traditional helmet on. The guardian cap helps absorb some of the impact which lessens the hit. I believe a lot of the helmet technology comes from automakers car crash testing and NASCAR testing. Anything to help reduce/lessen concussions is obviously a good thing, I hope the Guardian Caps work.
I agree. I don't know how anyone can be against safety for players. I imagine helmets will change and eventually incorporate some form of guardian cap like material as a standard in the league.

Yes, the cap goes over top of the helmet. I'm honestly surprised that the NFL and NASCAR don't work together to create a safer helmet. If a driver can flip his car over 10 times while going 180 mph and come out unscathed, then NASCAR is certainly onto something that the Riddells, Schutts and Xeniths of the world are not.