Grizzly Iron-man GR-FS-Folk

ShyGuy

This has been an awesome tournament the last few years. I am working on establishing a satellite weigh in for the Cincinnati and Dayton areas so a hotel expense won't be necessary on Friday night.

YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER ON TRACKWRESTLING.COM BY THURSDAY!!!

2600 Cumberland Drive, Franklin IN
I-65 to Exit 95, West to US 31 and turn south, Go approximately 3 miles to Commerce Drive and turn west,
Go approximately 1/2 mile, High school is on the north side of the road
CONTACT
Chuck Van Horn
Daytime: 317-412-3299— Evening: 317-736-5823—E-Mail: jcbcattle@embarqmail.com
or
Chris Lynch
Phone: 317-695-1106—E-Mail: chris@proindustries.com
SANCTION - RULES - ELIGIBILITY
See page preceding tournament ads
ENTRY FEE
$10.00 each for 1 or 2 styles—$25.00 for all 3 styles
AGE DIVISIONS
PEE-WEE – JUNIOR
REGISTRATION
All registration must be completed on-line @ trackwrestling.com by Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 11:59 pm.
All wrestlers must declare a weight class at this time.
WEIGH-INS
Friday Night: 7:30—8:30 pm (Freestyle Only/Greco Only/Freestyle& Greco/Freestyle/Greco/Folkstyle)
No Folkstyle Only Weigh-ins on Friday night
Sunday Morning: 7:30—8:15 (Folkstyle Only wrestlers)
TOURNAMENT START TIMES
Freestyle: Saturday—8:00 am
Greco: Saturday—5:30 pm or 30 minutes after conclusion of Freestyle
Folkstyle: Sunday—9:00 am
AWARDS FOR EACH STYLE
Medals to 1st - 2nd - 3rd - Ribbons for 4th - 5th - 6th
No awards presented until completion of the weight class.
DOMINATOR AWARD
Champions in all 3 styles will receive a special Award sponsored by “Pro-Power Strength Training Equipment.”
SPECTATOR FEE
$3.00 per person per day—$6.00 per family per day
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Concessions will be available
Jim’s Wrestling Supply will be on site offering a full line of equipment for sale
No Coolers in Gym! - Coolers will be placed in a separate area.
Many restaurants and hotels close to the site.

Last edited:

Grizzly

This was an awesome tournament last year with numbers close to 800 total Youth threw Juniors. Between the three styles I think my son got 16-18 matches total in two days.

Shyguy, if you pull off the off-sight weigh-in PM me. I have my son registered but making it by 8:30 Friday might be pushing it. Wouldn't want to miss this tournament.

Very good tournament. You can pick and choose which styles.

Bring your lawn chair as it is in a field house.

The address shown 2600 Cumberland Drive, Franklin IN plugged into a GPS will take you to a housing addition about half mile south of the school. Last year it looked like a parade driving into the neighborhood only to have to turn around. The school is actually on Commerce Dr. a couple lights north of Cumberland off of 31.

A location will be announced shortly for a Cincinnati area satellite weigh in on Friday evening.

Grizzly Iron-Man – April 16th – 17th
**UPDATE** We will now have regional / satellite weigh-in sites for the Grizzly Iron Man. You can weigh-in at one of our regional / satellite weigh-in sites on Friday April 15th from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm. We ask that you still pre-register at www.trackwrestling.com by Thursday at midnight. You must declare a weight – however there will be NO $10 fee if your wrestler does not make weight or wishes to move weight classes as stated on track wrestling. When you show up at regional weigh-in site please have the following items – 1) correct change for our regional sites will not have change – 1 style = $10, 2 Styles =$20 and 3 Styles = $25. 2) USA Wrestling Card, 3) an official USA Wrestling entry form - found here: http://www.iswa.com/2004PDF/Official Tournament Entry Form.pdf . Please note regional weigh-in sites are for wrestlers going freestyle and/or Greco or all 3 styles.
We will still have an onsite weigh-in at Franklin Community High School on Friday night for Freestyle and Greco and anyone wrestling in all 3 styles from 7:30 pm – 8:30 pm (no folkstyle only weigh-ins at that time). Anyone wrestling in Folkstyle only must weigh-in on Sunday morning from 7:30am – 8:15am.
REGIONAL WEIGH-IN SITES – (Weigh-ins Friday from 6:00-7:00 pm unless otherwise noted):
Greensburg High School (field house) – Matt Cochran – 812-560-3945
Princeton High School – Darla Meyer-Smith - 812-215-6781
Sullivan County High School – Chris Jaekel – 812-564-0789
North Montgomery High School (field house – wrestling room) – Richard Johnson – 765-918-3805
Jeffersonville High School – Danny Struck – 812-786-2308
Cincinnati Area – Steve Shie – 513-638-5313 (Friday 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm)
Yorktown High School – John Baysinger – 765-621-9480
Eastern Tennessee – Kings College - Bristol TN – Derek Harrison – 423-593-8348 (Thursday 6-7 pm)
Middle Tennessee – Beech High School –Middle, TN – Steve Smith – 615-351-8503 (Thursday 6-7 pm)
Western Tennessee – Brian Baucke – 901-493-4030 (Thursday 6-7 pm)

If you have any questions you can contact Chuck VanHorn 317-412-3301 or Patt VanHorn 317-412-3299
Thank You
Franklin Wrestling Club

Cincinnati Area – Steve Shie – 513-638-5313 (Friday 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm)

Any idea where in Cincinnati? Really don't want to have to stay Friday night if I don't have to.

The Cincinnati area Weigh ins will be conducted at:

Glen Este HS
4342 Glen Este Withamsville Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45245

They will be in the GEHS wrestling room from 6:30 - 7:30 on Friday 4/15. Enter the door across from the football field. 1st door on the left across from the weight room.

Please see post above for requirements.

This weigh in is only for those that will be wrestling on Saturday. If you are wrestling Folkstyle only on Sunday, you will be required to weigh in on site at Franklin Community High School in Franklin, IN on Sunday morning.

Last edited:
502 preregistered for Freestyle. The preregistration requirement has been lifted, so you can still get in if you did not register by midnight last night.

You MUST weigh in tonight for Freestyle or GR.

This was a great tournament with plent of guys for freestyle and a decent turn out for Greco and Folkstyle. Christian Brothers Wrestling came from Memphis with about 20 or so getting them ready for Fargo. Heard some kids came in from a lot farther then that. Even with the 2 hour burp between Freestyle and Greco it was still a tournament I would refer anybody intrested in pushing their selves to hit next year.

9 man freestyle bracket, 8 man greco bracket, 6 man folkstyle bracket = 10 matches for the weekend. Can't go wrong with that.

I know of one wrestlers that got 13 matches from all 3 styles.

and Josh is a 2 time Dominator by winning first in all 3 styles again thru some very tough matches in all 3 styles.