great documentary - Takedowns and Falls

sammyo

watched Takedowns and Falls the other night - great movie especially this time of year for any wrestling family... behind the scenes documentary on Central Daulphin out of PA going after a state title. Good story of the sacrifice and pressure this time of year. entire family will love it. Kenny Courts dad is assnt coach. can download on netflix and itunes.

http://vimeo.com/5755945

older Peppelman's at Harvard and younger one is at Cornell, Courts was in 8th grade during this film but he's at OSU, Dallago is at illinois, weiger rice and one of the other lighter guys wrestled in college as well...great team and they won it the next two or three years too I believe. coach has cancer and they didn't win state duals and even lost a couple league duals didn't win all the regular season tourneys but turned it on in march to win the state title great story and its 100% real.

I loved the movie.....have been following some of the kids:

Walter Peppelman wrestles for Harvard at 157 lbs. 2X NCAA All-America

Tony Dallago wrestles for Illinois at 184 lbs. 2X NCAA qualifier

Simon Rice wrestles at D2 Shippensburg University at 149 lbs.

Patrick Weiger wrestled at Lehigh

Marshall Peppelman wrestles for Cornell at 165 lbs. 1X NCAA qualifier

This would be a great movie to watch for those wrestling this weekend at Districts.....long trailer

http://vimeo.com/5755945

It was on Netflix for those of you that have access to that...just go to the documentary section or just search takedowns and falls.

I saw it on there about 6-8 months ago so it may not be there now but I assume its still on there and worth checking out.

It was on Netflix for those of you that have access to that...just go to the documentary section or just search takedowns and falls.

I saw it on there about 6-8 months ago so it may not be there now but I assume its still on there and worth checking out.

watched it on netflix 2 nights ago... should still be on.