GMC VS GCL STUDENT SECTIONS

Lancer_Reups

It bothers me about how GCL schools like LaSalle don't like to travel well with their teams unless for confernce games, unlike GMC schools like Oak hills travel with their team no matter what why is that?

Just trying to put myself in their shoes (even though I don't agree), it's probably because they think all that matters is playing and winning the GCL, while Oak Hills' biggest game in their eyes every year will be against the GCL schools. Some catholic schools in Ohio have great rivalries with their local public school but in Cincinnati, a lot of GCL kids have this idea in their head that they're all that matters in the city.

It's happening in too many places where students do not travel for away games. It is even a problem at some home games.

If we are talking about GCL, football is not a problem really. Basketball seems to be a big issue at Lasalle. Students aren't just going to away games anymore.

If we are talking about GCL, football is not a problem really. Basketball seems to be a big issue at Lasalle. Students aren't just going to away games anymore.
true its also an issue with all the other gcl schools maybe not elder or x i have this gut feeling when oak hills travels to bill cady court Saturday the 25th they might have more students than la salle

Princeton has the worst student section home or away out of any school in the GMC or the GCL

That’s odd, but I thought the same thing. Last year Elder came to our house (withrow) and there was hardly anyone there.

Lots of reasons I can think of- it’s expensive, the kids are busier than ever, they can follow on Twitter or stream while doing something else.

These kids don't care. If the game is at home, against a rival, the students will show and bring a fun environment.

If they have to travel, be inconvenienced, get stuck with bad seats, etc. just not worth it.

I think it depends on several key factors:

1. who you're playing- some games are hard to get excited about esp random non-conference games on a school night or Saturday night. Kids have other plans on the weekend or have work/school work during the week. GCL-GMC are great matchups, but scheduling the Coed teams or inner city teams is hard to get people to show up because some kids don't even know who their school is playing
2. Phones/social media/technology- 15 years ago, kids didn't have iphones and top video games etc so a big way to socialize and hang out was go to the basketball game home or away, get food afterwards, go home etc

shouldnt be any mystery why kids go to away gcl games more than non-conference. they're all rivalry games and familiarity is high. there aren't a lot of non-conference rivalries in basketball like there are in football with colerain-x for example that students care about

Some act like it’s a moral flaw in today’s students that they might value other things higher than traveling to an away HS basketball game. Ok, boomer.

If you have never been to a Girls GCL Rivalry game (basketball or volleyball, even soccer) you should go- the student section is fantastic

For anyone who has gone to La Salle games at La salle which opposing school sends the most students? like about over 150

shouldnt be any mystery why kids go to away gcl games more than non-conference. they're all rivalry games and familiarity is high. there aren't a lot of non-conference rivalries in basketball like there are in football with colerain-x for example that students care about
the only ones I could see happen is if Oak Hills travels to Elder or La Salle since there are their non-confrence rivals to them, but If Elder or La salle travels there, those schools don't give a hoot two years ago at MSJ OH vs LS there was about 200-250 oak hills student compared to La Salles 20, my Guess is Joke Hills students need something to support since football sucks

the only ones I could see happen is if Oak Hills travels to Elder or La Salle since there are their non-confrence rivals to them, but If Elder or La salle travels there, those schools don't give a hoot two years ago at MSJ OH vs LS there was about 200-250 oak hills student compared to La Salles 20, my Guess is Joke Hills students need something to support since football sucks
There will be like no Oak Hills students at the game when they play later this year. Sorry bud