GMC votes to remove Holgate

I agree with you. They fit more of the NWC profile recently than the MAC, especially with wrestling gaining ground. Would selfishly like to see it as a fan with family members at Crestview and Parkway.
First, I am not sure Paulding will accept (will likely give it a hard look), but I heard this was coming last week.

At the same time, rumors were swirling last week that Parkway and the NWC are already in talks. Complete rumors. But, that's what is going around. It's hard telling. We have an outgoing and incoming AD at this time, so we don't have all of the facts at Crestview right now as we are going through our own transition, but I have heard from decent sources that they fit the mold. Where this will hurt is when Parkway joins, Crestview will be forced to find another long term OOC opponent. It was too simple to schedule Parkway the first game of the season every year. It'll also likely effect some outlier sports such as soccer (not sure Parkway has it). It'll help sports such as wrestling, softball, and volleyball in the NWC, making a competitive conference in these sports that much more competitive.

Again. Pure rumors at this time, but starting to gain momentum.

First, I am not sure Paulding will accept (will likely give it a hard look), but I heard this was coming last week.

At the same time, rumors were swirling last week that Parkway and the NWC are already in talks. Complete rumors. But, that's what is going around. It's hard telling. We have an outgoing and incoming AD at this time, so we don't have all of the facts at Crestview right now as we are going through our own transition, but I have heard from decent sources that they fit the mold. Where this will hurt is when Parkway joins, Crestview will be forced to find another long term OOC opponent. It was too simple to schedule Parkway the first game of the season every year. It'll also likely effect some outlier sports such as soccer (not sure Parkway has it). It'll help sports such as wrestling, softball, and volleyball in the NWC, making a competitive conference in these sports that much more competitive.

Parkway doesn't have soccer

What is so attractive about the BVC. Half of the schools facilities are crap and a bunch of the teams dont have JV teams.

Yeah, just distance. PH won't leave the NWOAL, but if they did they're a lot closer to Findlay than Lima. I could see hooking up with LB, McComb, and Leipsic being attractive to them if they HAD to, and they're close to North Baltimore, Pandora, etc.

They're going nowhere though. Unless the NWOAL somehow implodes, but that league is as stable as can be.

Here's a scenario. PH to the NWC. Napoleon goes back to the NWOAL. Van Buren, Leipsic, Bath, Parkway all join the NWC. Liberty Benton replaces Bath in WBL and Fort Loramie replaces Parkway in MAC.

This would give the NWC the following geographic divisions.

West
Crestview
Delphos Jefferson
Parkway
Spencerville
Columbus Grove
Bluffton

East
Allen East
Ada
Patrick Henry
Leipsic
Van Buren
Bath

Football would play 8 league games with 3 cross over games that rotate every 2 years.
Junior High would only play each division except for season ending tournaments.

Just some food for thought to think out of the box. It's going to be a long time until all these leagues are settled. Especially if the 8 man football decimates the BVC. (Vanlue, Arcadia, Cory Rawson)

Why would LB join the WBL? They're smaller than Bath and have NEVER shown signs of being willing to schedule up.

They are the only BVC school that is growing and they have tons of room to expand on the West side of Findlay. Their enrollment number before Comp. Balance was 177. Bath's was 185.

They also benefit from being so close to Findlay that they get a bunch of open enrollment students in this system.

Last edited:
Here's a scenario. PH to the NWC. Napoleon goes back to the NWOAL. Van Buren, Leipsic, Bath, Parkway all join the NWC. Liberty Benton replaces Bath in WBL and Fort Loramie replaces Parkway in MAC.

This would give the NWC the following geographic divisions.

West
Crestview
Delphos Jefferson
Parkway
Spencerville
Columbus Grove
Bluffton

East
Allen East
Ada
Patrick Henry
Leipsic
Van Buren
Bath

Football would play 8 league games with 3 cross over games that rotate every 2 years.
Junior High would only play each division except for season ending tournaments.

Just some food for thought to think out of the box. It's going to be a long time until all these leagues are settled. Especially if the 8 man football decimates the BVC. (Vanlue, Arcadia, Cory Rawson)

not even in the realm of reality. If Arcadia, Vanlue and CR go 8-man it will be music to the rest of the BVC ears..they will be an 8-team league and the bottom of the league will be gone.

not even in the realm of reality. If Arcadia, Vanlue and CR go 8-man it will be music to the rest of the BVC ears..they will be an 8-team league and the bottom of the league will be gone.

Those 3 might have some company going to 8 man. North Baltimore and Riverdale had the same number on the roster as Arcadia & C-R

Those 3 might have some company going to 8 man. North Baltimore and Riverdale had the same number on the roster as Arcadia & C-R
Those 3-5 schools will have some additional company outside the BVC, somewhat nearby. It’s probably a matter of ‘when’ and not ‘if’ for Ridgedale, Ridgemont, and Crestline.

I'd love for a call to Monroe to be made for Crestview's week 2/AC's week 3 slot to happen. However, AC probably locked up Monroe Central for that week for a while since they are a decent sectional/regional opponent depending on the assignment rotations. This is assuming Parkway would join and take Paulding's spot in the schedule and Hicksville going to week 1. Yes, mostly rumors, but the Paulding accepting seems to be hitting more news source as coming to fruition last I checked.

I'd love for a call to Monroe to be made for Crestview's week 2/AC's week 3 slot to happen. However, AC probably locked up Monroe Central for that week for a while since they are a decent sectional/regional opponent depending on the assignment rotations. This is assuming Parkway would join and take Paulding's spot in the schedule and Hicksville going to week 1. Yes, mostly rumors, but the Paulding accepting seems to be hitting more news source as coming to fruition last I checked.
Hicksville plays Archbold every year in week 1.

Lima Bath would be intriguing, but I don't see any reason they would join. We have little to no relationship with them. Perry, USV, Elida, and LCC have all been members at one time. When LCC was voted out, there were alot of problems and speculation as to where kids were coming from to go to their school to compete in sports, etc. A few members were extremely upset and LCC was kicked.

As for Paulding, I want to SQUASH this rumor for now. Their brass has come out and said no one from the GMC has been in contact with them and they are a devout NWC member. Could this change? Sure. But it would take a couple of years if they decided to exit. They have no plans to exit ASAP as people try to elude to.

As for the Parkway to the NWC conversation.....I hear this constantly. Again, I will go back to the Mendon Union days. The consolidation days. The days when Parkway was more than one school participating in the MAC. Their history is as deep or deeper than most MAC schools. I find it really hard to believe that they would ever care to leave conferences.

Right now, I don't think the GMC is in trouble. Yes. They jumped the gun on kicking Holgate. However, a seven team football conference can survive (ask the NWC). I don't know that anyone is going to be quick to join and not sure the GMC will be quick to add unless its a perfect fit.

I feel the need to pipe up about your comments on LCC. First, I don’t think that LCC wants back in the NWC. Second, I think it’s important to put into context the time period you are referring. At this point in time EdChoice was brand new. It’s true LCC did have a few transfers (~5%-7% of total enrollment) from LCS district.
Did these kids play sports? Yes, some did. To insinuate that the kids that transferred in were the reason that LCC got the boot from the NWC is laughable. We do agree on one thing, LCC did cause a lot of problems in the NWC

Football v. NWC 2006-2013
51-5
5 NWC titles

Boys Basketball v. NWC 2006-2013
73-8
5 League titles

Girls Volleyball v. NWC 2006-2013
50-4
4 League titles

Boys Baseball v. NWC 2006-2013
52-7
5 outright titles
1 co-champ

Boys Golf v. NWC 2006-2013
105-1
7 league titles

It’s true LCC did have a few transfers (~5%-7% of total enrollment) from LCS district.
Did these kids play sports? Yes, some did. To insinuate that the kids that transferred in were the reason that LCC got the boot from the NWC is laughable.

It's not laughable. It's the truth. It's also taking on a player from a neighboring Lima district AFTER the player gets suspended. If you look at the makeup of LCC sports the decade before they were in the NWC the enrollment looks very similar to what it is right now. But in the period when Jerry Cooper was coach he definitely had a pipeline to some of the best pure athletes that ever played at LCC.

Anyways...I don't think the NWC will ever ask them to be in the league again. They will probably use LCC as a non-league opponent during the season if they can't get an 8th school for league scheduling. Most of the teams still play LCC in Junior High sports.

They will probably use LCC as a non-league opponent during the season if they can't get an 8th school for league scheduling. Most of the teams still play LCC in Junior High sports.
Guy on the radio said this last night. LCC and Fort Loramie will both still be independents in football and could easily be used to fill "open" weeks in schedules for NWC schools.

It's not laughable. It's the truth. It's also taking on a player from a neighboring Lima district AFTER the player gets suspended. If you look at the makeup of LCC sports the decade before they were in the NWC the enrollment looks very similar to what it is right now. But in the period when Jerry Cooper was coach he definitely had a pipeline to some of the best pure athletes that ever to ever play at LCC

I agree that Cooper did have wealth of pure talent. I won’t dispute that. He is also one hell of a coach and motivator. Can you really blame a few students / parents of students for wanting a chance to start fresh? A chance to be successful? A chance to redeem yourself? I don’t. And you can’t be upset that Cooper has more salesmanship than an entire car dealership and goes out and gets those kids that wouldn’t normally play football.
The majority of those teams were made up of kids that came from the local feeder schools. That’s a fact. As far as enrollment goes, the decade before Coop there was about 350+- students at any given time and I believe there are about 255 students currently. That’s a far cry from very similar.
Anyway, I’m not here to argue semantics of why NWC members voted LCC out of the conference, I’m sure there are multiple reasons/theories.

It's not laughable. It's the truth. It's also taking on a player from a neighboring Lima district AFTER the player gets suspended. If you look at the makeup of LCC sports the decade before they were in the NWC the enrollment looks very similar to what it is right now. But in the period when Jerry Cooper was coach he definitely had a pipeline to some of the best pure athletes that ever played at LCC.

Anyways...I don't think the NWC will ever ask them to be in the league again. They will probably use LCC as a non-league opponent during the season if they can't get an 8th school for league scheduling. Most of the teams still play LCC in Junior High sports.
Bingo! Coach Clay omitted some very key points. That pipeline closed even further when Simpson took the Senior job. I could go back to the Hutchins boys coming in from out of state, but I won’t get that far into the LCC recruiting bit.

We don’t want and/or need LCC at this point. However, competitively speaking, they would be on a similar level as the top 4-5 teams in the NWC in any given sport. The sports programs are much “cleaner” now than it was 8-10 years ago.

Guy on the radio said this last night. LCC and Fort Loramie will both still be independents in football and could easily be used to fill "open" weeks in schedules for NWC schools.
LCC plays crestview in many sports. My guess is that we will see another team join the NWC within the year and some teams reach out to the GMC and NWCC or BVC and potentially independents if there is any gap between the Paulding departure and the incoming team/teams that are invited to the NWC.

Fort Loramie has to salivating at the thought of a possible MAC opening.....They already have an app into the MAC, so it would just be a matter of their members voting on it....OR...would Anna get the full-time nod???

That's not a good plan and is an AD's worst nightmare.