GMC Football Week 3 Pick'em

There really haven't been many good ones to be honest.

True, Sycamore had Borman. Mason had Hutchinson who is at EMU right now and Brown was a good two year starter. Other than that, I remember Hosea Hairston and Verdon were both pretty hyped up in the league but kinda fizzled out. No one really throws the ball that much in the GMC except when Oak Hills threw the ball 60 times a game. Lynn has a cannon though.

Hamilton 28
Fairfield 25
Hamilton with the big 4th down stop stuffing Fairfield on a 4 and 1 from the Big Blue 14 with just over a minute left to hang on for the win.

Anyone want to take a stab at the league pecking order right now?

1. Lakota West
2. Princeton
3. Colerain
4. Mason
5. Sycamore
6. Hamilton
7. Fairfield
8. Lakota East
9. Middletown
10. Oak Hills

I honestly feel like 2-8 could beat each other on a given night.

1. Lakota West - maybe not as clear cut as last week
2. Princeton - Major flaw is coaching but they have some legit playmakers
3. Hamilton - Losses to the two best teams with the Princeton loss coming in the last second. They have a ton of talent.
4. Colerain - Trending downwards but they have a nice confidence booster in Middletown.
5. Mason - I could see them as high as 2 if they get everyone healthy. If not, I can see them even losing out and finishing 3-3.
6. Sycamore - Good coaching with a very good back in Ingle. Could lose the rest of their games also. West Clermont can make games closer than they should be.
7. Lakota East - Turtle mode triple option with an okay defense. Real nice test for them against Princeton, East has some decent DBs who may be able to cover. Also Haynes will have a couple plays designed that will score due to lack of coaching from Princeton.
8. Fairfield - Mark this season down for some development of the freshman QB, offense is too one dimensional. The East/FF game really will determin the 7/8 spots in my opinion.
9. Oak Hills - Play with some life with some underclassmen. Maybe a little bit of a spark here, played Colerain and Mason pretty tight for the first half.
10. Middletown - 0-4 with a delayed season. Team wasn't set up to be successful this year. I hope this coach can keep the interest up and progress forward.

1. West
2. Princeton
3. Colerain
4. Mason
5. Hamilton
6. Sycamore
7. Fairfield
8. East
9. Oak Hills
10. Middletown

Congrats to the Vikings. Lynn is something else! What a talent! 20 years of dominance has come to an end. That was a really tough one to lose. I feel bad for the kids, but they'll keep grinding.

1. West
2. Princeton
3. Colerain
4. Hamilton
5. Mason
6. Sycamore
7. Fairfield
8. East
9. Oak Hills
10. Middletown

I watched that entire Princeton vs Colerain game and it was worth the $13.99 subscription for just that game. For the third week in a row Princeton scores in the last few seconds for the win. The players were able to overcome the numerous coaching blunders. Hopefully they figure out that changing the snap count every once in awhile will mean the defense can't jump the snap.

I watch my Vikes as well last night . Yesterday afternoon I golfed with a few Colerain guys and I told them this is the year that the hard work and dedication starts to pay off , looking thru the stats sheet this morning I didn’t realize that the Vikings was so young on both side of the ball 7-9 sophomore and juniors recorded tackles and I see they got 2 freshman on the rosters listed as o line man in upper 280-300 lbs range wow . Hopefully it translate into some good stuff because high school football is better in this city with Princeton and Moeller and the rest being good

Princeton future looks bright. Freshman to Varsity teams are undefeated . JV shut out Colerain (40-0) and Freshmen (20-0). Power shift coming. A lot of talent in the pipeline.

Colerain ruled for years and they were very deserving. Think the GMC will be balanced for a while to come.

Last edited: