• Colerain (10-14)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middletown (8-15)

• Lakota West (5-18)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hamilton over OH and Middletown over Princeton tonight. West played East tough as well. Maybe it was just teams looking ahead to the tourney.

Hamilton over OH and Middletown over Princeton tonight. West played East tough as well. Maybe it was just teams looking ahead to the tourney.

The Mighty Middies. Just like the good ol’ days. It did not matter who had the best record.

Yes it was a good win for the Middies. As far as just like old times,not so sure. Only 30 wins in the last 4 years combined is not very strong. Nothing like the Mid 70,s when I played against Butch Carter and those Middies. It has been quite a while since Middletown was relevant. There is the potential there to build a big time program. A single school community,several feeder schools, and one of the finest facilities in the state. Let’s see if administration and A D are serious about finding a coach who is willing to pour in the time and effort to do that. But again, a big win for those players.

Yes it was a good win for the Middies. As far as just like old times,not so sure. Only 30 wins in the last 4 years combined is not very strong. Nothing like the Mid 70,s when I played against Butch Carter and those Middies. It has been quite a while since Middletown was relevant. There is the potential there to build a big time program. A single school community,several feeder schools, and one of the finest facilities in the state. Let’s see if administration and A D are serious about finding a coach who is willing to pour in the time and effort to do that. But again, a big win for those players.

No sh. Reminiscent of the rivalry games where the record did not matter.

I think Princeton, Lakota West or Mason has the easiest road to at least getting to Xavier out of the GMC schools. Cincinnati 3 bracket best teams are those 3 from the GMC. LE definitely can make it, but has Turpin and a tough Elder team to run through in Cincinnati 1 bracket. Now Cincinnati 2 is a monster this year with LaSalle, Oak Hills, St. Xavier, Hamilton, West Clermont, Mt. Healthy, and Walnut Hills. Also Milddletown playing better definitely the hardest road to Xavier. Cincinnati 4 LMAO

Hamilton wins 2 to face St. X for District trip.
Princeton vs Mason will be round 3 of this is how the game is played vs 1 on 1 at the Rec. Center.
Poor Colerain. Moeller can send their Sophomore CYO team and win by 30.
Glad the Middie coach made the draw this year, making great progress in Middie land. Well done!
OH over Aviators, over under at 81.
East jumps out to 15-1 lead in 1st quarter, then cruises to a 62-39 victory. The East vs winner of Elder/Turpin game could be a good one to look forward to.
Expecting Cincinnati to possibly win every match up vs Dayton teams in District.

Hamilton wins 2 to face St. X for District trip.
Princeton vs Mason will be round 3 of this is how the game is played vs 1 on 1 at the Rec. Center.
Poor Colerain. Moeller can send their Sophomore CYO team and win by 30.
Glad the Middie coach made the draw this year, making great progress in Middie land. Well done!
OH over Aviators, over under at 81.
East jumps out to 15-1 lead in 1st quarter, then cruises to a 62-39 victory. The East vs winner of Elder/Turpin game could be a good one to look forward to.
Expecting Cincinnati to possibly win every match up vs Dayton teams in District.

You are Not going out on a limb with Hamilton winning those two games. or, ST X getting to Hamilton! Who wins that game though? Hamilton can look like world beaters some games and mediocre the next night. I think Hamilton brings it and moves on.

I wouldn't move Mason on just yet, West lost to Mason by 2 in the only matchup this season which was played w/out the GMC's leading scorer Mackey. Mason is playing well, but interesting rematch! Could be an upset alert!!

Turpin/ East would be a great game and Turpin just might get them. They have the size, and the shooters! Elder did get Lasalle late in the season but not sure they get by Turpin.

March madness is here!!!

Think Elder vs East match up is more likely. Turpin was playing better early in the season, Elder is playing better now. Remember they already played this season at Turpin.

Think Elder vs East match up is more likely. Turpin was playing better early in the season, Elder is playing better now. Remember they already played this season at Turpin.

Elder was without Luebbe and Kandra vs Turpin and their big (Larkins) played 8 minutes due to illness and they lost by 3 at Turpin. I think Elder wins by 8 or more.

My underdog team to watch is LW potentially making it to Regionals. I still can't believe Elder didn't jump into that bracket.

Elder was without Luebbe and Kandra vs Turpin and their big (Larkins) played 8 minutes due to illness and they lost by 3 at Turpin. I think Elder wins by 8 or more.

My underdog team to watch is LW potentially making it to Regionals. I still can't believe Elder didn't jump into that bracket.
You certainly know more than me, but Elder had Luebbe back (first game) but was missing Keller when they played at Turpin. Either way, it sets up to be a great second round game. Turpin's size really bothered Elder during the first matchup and not sure Elder has an answer for that this time either.

You certainly know more than me, but Elder had Luebbe back (first game) but was missing Keller when they played at Turpin. Either way, it sets up to be a great second round game. Turpin's size really bothered Elder during the first matchup and not sure Elder has an answer for that this time either.

No no. This is a GMC thread

How about them Aves

Could be an interesting week........., both Mason and West split the two game series with Princeton. Better lace em up!
Don't see Princeton losing to WW.

Could be an interesting week........., both Mason and West split the two game series with Princeton. Better lace em up!
Don't see Princeton losing to WW.
Princeton isn't the most reliable of teams. With that said, I haven't seen WW this year, so they could be bad enough to not test Princeton at all.

I said a couple weeks ago that while the GMC is very diverse this year talent wise, out of that middle tier of Mason, Hamilton, Princeton, and West, I would pick Mason to be the first eliminated. Of course that is barring matchups, but we now know the matchups. And with West matching up with Mason, I will go with West.

Just watched Middletown vs Lasalle.. Middletown had better athletes, but Lasalle had better basketball players and played as a team. I don’t think I have ever witnessed a team dribble the ball as much as the Middies did tonight.

The Middies should have been better. Really not sure what the coaches plan/system or whatever is. In 3-4 years you should be able to figure out what they are trying to do.

It was all 1 on 1 trying to beat Lasalle off of the dribble. No continuity or ball movement. No post play. Great potential there to have a very competitive program.. Going to take work and reaching down below and developing a great feeder system as well as teaching lots of basketball skills

But what would Oak hill score less then 45 Price such a great coach no state championship with one of the biggest district in the GMC
Actually, Mason, Lakota, and Northwest schools have more kids than Oak Hills school district does. So that makes it maybe the 4th or 5th of the 10 schools in the league. Middle of the pack numbers. Just sayin'. And school size has little to do with winning state championships.

Actually, Mason, Lakota, and Northwest schools have more kids than Oak Hills school district does. So that makes it maybe the 4th or 5th of the 10 schools in the league. Middle of the pack numbers. Just sayin'. And school size has little to do with winning state championships.

Northwest school district has 2 high schools... Northwest and Colerain. I am pretty sure Oak Hills has more boys than Colerain HS does.

It has little to nothing to do with state championships. It does help with consistency, as the larger number generally offer less extreme ebs and flows of talent year to year.

OH football
Seems like Colerain basketball would be easier to repair than OH football. Everyone knows there are athletes in Colerain. There have to be a couple that could play basketball well enough to win more than ONE game. I wonder if the AD there has any intention of upgrading basketball or are they too afraid to upset the football gravy train?

Seems like Colerain basketball would be easier to repair than OH football. Everyone knows there are athletes in Colerain. There have to be a couple that could play basketball well enough to win more than ONE game. I wonder if the AD there has any intention of upgrading basketball or are they too afraid to upset the football gravy train?

They were actually decent in hoops last year. There is not much of a youth basketball program in the Northwest Local School district. Colerain will never be able to compete in the GMC without a basketball feeder program.

They were actually decent in hoops last year. There is not much of a youth basketball program in the Northwest Local School district. Colerain will never be able to compete in the GMC without a basketball feeder program.
Colerain was expected to be bad this year by any metrics---only 2 ppg returned from last years 10-win senior laden team, and not much help was moving up from JV. A new coach took over and certainly was a rough season. The Cards return 24.5 ppg from players who played varsity this year, but 8 of the other GMC teams return at least 24 ppg or more (only Lakota West at 21.7 is less) and Fairfield, Mason, Hamilton and Princeton had strong JV teams with players to help next year moving up. Colerain will be better, but likely still last in the GMC in 2020-21.

You are correct cinci hoops. A real head coach who knows how to build a program builds it from the ground up and he has to have his hands on the feeder program and lower levels.

You are correct cinci hoops. A real head coach who knows how to build a program builds it from the ground up and he has to have his hands on the feeder program and lower levels.

But you have to have buy in and help from community members as well... I don't think anyone puts much effort into any youth program other than little cards football.