GMC Baseball 2023

jdizzle

The GMC ended up as follows last year in the 2022 season:
Mason
Oak Hills
Lakota East

I think Mason brings back a lot of talent and a lot of arms.

Fairfield has some good arms coming back and they were in the middle of the pack last year.

College commitments according the GMC website include the following:
Braylon Bailey- Middletown- Wilmington
Andrew Edrington- Princeton- THE Ohio State University
Carson French- Lakota East- Cincinnati
Connor Roberts- Oak Hills- Heidelberg

Last year, there were 6-7 teams in the middle of the pack. Amazing Princeton was in the basement with an Ohio State pitcher. Shows how much it means in baseball to have a good team/supporting cast.

West has some very good youth coming up. It will be interesting to see how it develops. I think all the high school roster repercussions of Covid are over now. So there should be some good baseball in West Chester.

Middletown 6
Sycamore 0
Austin Downing, 1st year head coach at Middletown, gets his first win.

Shillingford for the Middies throws a complete game in the opener. Zero walks.

GMC is a race for 2nd place. Not enough bats in the conference to handle Murphy, Hanley, Brannon etc etc. Deepest staff in the city after Moe.
Mason Offensively just has some Dawgs!

Cox 11-14 w/ 1HR and 11RBI
Murphy 13-19 w/ 3 HR and 13 RBI (plus he hasnt even thrown a pitch yet!)

Exactly! What the heck? Dude wins, a lot!
Yea im confused lol!

Bly has been there since 2016-2017 I believe.

19-9
26-6
25-4
24-6
27-4
4 GMC titles 2 district championships and 2 state final 4 appearances. I am not a mason guy but thats pretty good lol

Yea im confused lol!

Bly has been there since 2016-2017 I believe.

19-9
26-6
25-4
24-6
27-4
4 GMC titles 2 district championships and 2 state final 4 appearances. I am not a mason guy but thats pretty good lol
Bly has been head baseball coach at Mason since 2014--- 25-5, 23-8, 21-8, and then the years you mentioned-- 2 Regional titles and 2 trips to the Final 4---along with winning the GMC 5 times (no games played in 2020 due to Covid).

Bly has been head baseball coach at Mason since 2014--- 25-5, 23-8, 21-8, and then the years you mentioned-- 2 Regional titles and 2 trips to the Final 4---along with winning the GMC 5 times (no games played in 2020 due to Covid).
I would guess that the person that complained about him felt his child was misused/underused in some manner.

Chicken or the egg conversation here.

Is Mason that good offensively?

OR

Is the GMC pitching this weak?
They have faced East, Hamilton, and Fairfield. I thought Fairfield had some decent pitching

Be better!!! 😂
Yes, with that amount of talent that has gone through there, win some state championships. As you know, I ultimately judge coaches on much they reach their potential. Mason should have won multiple states with future pros that have gone through there.

I would guess that the person that complained about him felt his child was misused/underused in some manner.
Weak take GCPRO. My kid went to West. Mason should be dominating the state with the numbers and talent going through there. Don't get me wrong. Mason is one of the best 3 programs in SWO, they just can't seem to close the deal. So win some championships and you can color me impressed. BTW, watched Mason play Fairfield on Saturday. Much better game early than the score. But Mason has some men on their team and they hit the ball hard. Did not see any of their star pitchers but apparently they have some animals that pitch too. Moeller is pretty hyped right now so it will be interesting to see if mason and Moeller play each other in the tourney and then see what happens.

Mason has some dudes..... But to make it sound like Mason has "under achieved" the past 5-6 years is Laughable.
(im not a mason fan or even a big gmc supporter just an outside guy looking in)
Once you get past the regional round you are getting each teams best pitcher (bc there is enough days of rest between games to dictate it)

2018 mason beat Pacetti from Moeller (who is currently in the Bearcats bullpen) that was his only loss that year.

2019 lost to Cam Miller from Bulter (started as a freshmen at Ashalnd)
2021 lost to Quention Hall from Butler (was in EKU bullpen as a freshmen and appeared in 6 games striking out 17)

Making this sound like Mason lost to some scrubs The past few years

Mason has some dudes..... But to make it sound like Mason has "under achieved" the past 5-6 years is Laughable.
(im not a mason fan or even a big gmc supporter just an outside guy looking in)
Once you get past the regional round you are getting each teams best pitcher (bc there is enough days of rest between games to dictate it)

2018 mason beat Pacetti from Moeller (who is currently in the Bearcats bullpen) that was his only loss that year.

2019 lost to Cam Miller from Bulter (started as a freshmen at Ashalnd)
2021 lost to Quention Hall from Butler (was in EKU bullpen as a freshmen and appeared in 6 games striking out 17)

Making this sound like Mason lost to some scrubs The past few years
Not scrubs but dang Mason has had at least one current Pro on those teams and those same Bearcats have a few Mason guys on their roster too. Mason is full of talent every year and yes they do run a program but come on: are they fulfilling their potential? For example, last year they lost to Grove City who had one starting pitcher stud and they could not find a way to manufacture a couple of runs. I think it was the 2019 Butler game (maybe earlier) where they lost on a botched sacrifice bunt play. Again, he is a good program manager but is he a good game day coach? I am just not seeing it.

Not scrubs but dang Mason has had at least one current Pro on those teams and those same Bearcats have a few Mason guys on their roster too. Mason is full of talent every year and yes they do run a program but come on: are they fulfilling their potential? For example, last year they lost to Grove City who had one starting pitcher stud and they could not find a way to manufacture a couple of runs. I think it was the 2019 Butler game (maybe earlier) where they lost on a botched sacrifice bunt play. Again, he is a good program manager but is he a good game day coach? I am just not seeing it.
Why do you think baseball is normally played as a series to determine who is best? Because of everything you just listed that can change the outcome of a single game. A series will show who truly has the best team. But that's not what you will, or will every, get in Ohio. So to judge anyone based off state championships, or lack thereof, is unfair.

Why do you think baseball is normally played as a series to determine who is best? Because of everything you just listed that can change the outcome of a single game. A series will show who truly has the best team. But that's not what you will, or will every, get in Ohio. So to judge anyone based off state championships, or lack thereof, is unfair.
Just let it go. The dude has an axe to grind for some reason. The Comet coaching staff is highly respected in the baseball community.

Middletown defeats Lakota West in a resumed game last night. 6-5
Middletown completes a sweep on West for the season. Congrats to the Middies!

Wait a minute, West beat Mason 2-0. So Middletown is better than..... only kidding! I despise people who make those connections.

Just let it go. The dude has an axe to grind for some reason. The Comet coaching staff is highly respected in the baseball community.
Bingo GC---I was at the West game and the West starter went 5 innings and the reliever the final 2 innings and held Mason to one hit. It's baseball and many of Mason's balls went right at West and they fielded them and made the plays needed to support a good pitching effort---it's HS baseball and it happens. Mason had scored 67 runs in 6 GMC games up until Monday. Credit goes to West and let's face it West wins the game on a 2 run HR by the #9 hitter---he celebrated like it was the first one he had ever hit---but it stood up as they only had 3 hits.

I coached 5 years of varsity baseball back in the day and every now and then an upset occurs--- it's baseball. Let's see how things go Wednesday at West when Mason goes with their #1 pitcher and maybe have some better hitting "luck" where they fall in today. Still alot of GMC games left in the season.