#3-Mason
#4-Hamilton
#5-Oak Hills
#6-Fairfield
#7-Middletown
#8-Colerain
#9-West
#10-Sycamore
Pretty much a starting point. Princeton on paper has good talent returning but I have to wonder what is going on. Mason lost a lot but has a solid group of players that will play their way. East could be better than last year. Overall I don't think the league is very good. Who knows about the bottom half. The Middies trying to recruit their way to the top. Colerain returns many players. West sank last year and not sure if they are any better. Sycamore was terrible last year, maybe the new coach can get it headed in a different direction. Oak Hills lost everything, not sure who returns?
Would like to hear from others.

I like the idea of getting the conversation started early. I really don't have much to say on anything just yet, but I can't wait to hear from everyone else.

Last edited:
Way too early picks
1. Princeton
2. East
3. Mason
4. Oak Hills
5. Hamilton
6. Middletown
7. Fairfield
8. Colerain
9. Sycamore
10. West

I'll believe Princeton hype when they get their coaching situation handled and can develop a point guard who knows how to attack a zone defense.

I do not expect Princeton to be a top notch team but they might have enough talent to win the GMC in a year that Mason will be inexperienced, many others simply not very good but wouldn't be surprised if East made a run at the title.

Returning Points from 2016-17 GMC Stats (not order of finish):
1) Colerain 44.9
2) Princeton 40.0
3) East 35.1
4) Hamilton 27.9
5) Sycamore 26.6
6) Mason 20.4
7) West 20.3
8) Oak Hills 16.1
9) Fairfield 16.0
10) Middletown 5.8

Princeton the favorite even with coaching situation in flux--East and Mason vie for 2nd and 3rd and then Oak Hills, Hamilton and Colerain battle for 4th thru 6th spots. Can't see West, Sycamore, Fairfield, or Middletown above 7th place.

Heck yes. It will be disappointing to see Wade E. Miller gone. There has been A LOT of Middie Magic in there. I can only imagine what it would have been like during the Lucas era.

Again, with all due respect, when they played this summer they had multiple players who weren't enrolled at Middletown last school year. Does your 0 answer tell us that none ended up "moving" to Middletown?

I don't know who those players were this summer, but if they were the kid from Trotwood and the two from Dunbar they are not playing for the Middies this winter. A lot of rumors happen every summer that don't pan out by school time. I know of no set in stone transfers as of now.

Thanks, yes, I know there was one who played at Trotwood last season and there were DPS players. When they show up with a school name on a jersey, scheduled as MHS, and play against school teams that does create talk. That is a little different than rumors.

Just wondering? Why would Hoskins play the Trotwood player and the two Dunbar players on his team in the summer if they weren't definitely coming to Middletown? That's not how you build your team for the next year. Seems like a pretty desperate move to me.

The 2 Dunbar kids are headed to prep school (Spire Academy), and the Trotwood kid is staying at Trotwood. All this has been confirmed.

The 2 Dunbar kids are headed to prep school (Spire Academy), and the Trotwood kid is staying at Trotwood. All this has been confirmed.

So with "recruiting done" the Middies return 5.8 ppg from last years varsity roster--guess Hoskins has to be patient and do what other HS coaches do--coach-up the kids who live in the Middletown District and improve their skills--isn't that a novel approach:eek:

I had heard some very positive comments about Hoskins. Anything had to be an improvement in coaching over Baker. So yes Comet, let's see if he coaches the residents of Middletown.

I had heard some very positive comments about Hoskins. Anything had to be an improvement in coaching over Baker. So yes Comet, let's see if he coaches the residents of Middletown.

I don't disagree Rick--I think Hoskins knows what he's doing--he just saw a meager returning unit for 17-18 and I guess hoped he could do what colleges do and "land" some transfers---hopefully HS hasn't become that yet--still like when kids live in the community and play at THEIR school!:)

@Comet Where you been??? HS ball has been like that for awhile now.

Disagree Perk-- after being a coach for 27 years and have HS coaching sons now--the vast majority of kids play for the school where they live and the coaches coach them the best they can---to pursue transfers all summer and come up empty--has to be a better course of action.:(

There are many schools private and public who recruit, open enroll, or whatever to encourage new players to their school system. At the same time there are schools who stay true to the spirit of HS athletics. Recruiting and open enrollment is the primary rationale the OHSAA went to the competitive balance formula.

Updated:
#1-Princeton
#2-East
#3-Mason
#4-Hamilton
#5-Colerain
#6-Sycamore
#7-Oak Hills
#8-Fairfield
#9-West
#10-Middletown
There is no dominant team and many inexperienced/below average GMC teams.

Wow

I'm going to say this now... If the Princeton roster isn't dominant Idk what is....

Bazely had an NBA prospect summer
Hunter killed the summer circuit
O'neal was a dominant big man at every tournament
Pierce will be the best gmc utility player
Arron ward is a player that no one is talking about either

This squad is deep...has a player who will be in the NBA in 2 years
A big man that the gmc can't handle
And the best shooter in the gmc...hunter 1, oh and the 2nd best shooter is bazely.

Watch out gmc. I would be highly surprised if Princeton lost 1 gmc game. Moeller is the only close competition in southern ohio

I'm going to say this now... If the Princeton roster isn't dominant Idk what is....

Bazely had an NBA prospect summer
Hunter killed the summer circuit
O'neal was a dominant big man at every tournament
Pierce will be the best gmc utility player
Arron ward is a player that no one is talking about either

This squad is deep...has a player who will be in the NBA in 2 years
A big man that the gmc can't handle
And the best shooter in the gmc...hunter 1, oh and the 2nd best shooter is bazely.

Watch out gmc. I would be highly surprised if Princeton lost 1 gmc game. Moeller is the only close competition in southern ohio

First time poster letting us all "know what to expect" from the Vikes in 17-18--Bazely will not be in the NBA in 2 years--he will stand around in a 2-3 zone at Syracuse--other than Melo Anthony Syracuse players stay 4 years--most of us do agree Princeton is the team to beat in the GMC this year:thumb:

@Comet Malachai Richardson was a lottery pick as a Freshman as well back in 2015-2016. Darius has as good a chance as anybody with that length to be a one and done kid.

Last edited: