Glenville

I heard multiple college coaches say everytime ginn academy plays a senate league game it's just a recruiting trip for Ted. People need to accept it as it is and just beat them in the tournament.
Senate League, lol. It's more about the kids from Lyndhurst, Rocky River, Mentor, Twinsburg, Garfield Heights, Solon 🤡, Maple Heights, Cleveland Heights, Euclid, Akron, and multiple private schools in Cleveland.

Why does it matter, the state General Assembly is working every year to make it easier for kids to be able to move schools and take vouchers with them. Along with an OHSAA proposal to allow kids the ability to play as an inseason transfer if its over 50 miles from the previous school. (might be JV only, but it won't be long before varsity athletes count.) We are creating a more capitalistic approach to our K-12 education in Ohio. Shouldn't people be more about freedom of choice? Regardless how it helps or hurts schools in the sports tournaments. I hope we just never get as bad as Florida with this stuff. However I fear we are getting to that point faster than I anticipated.

If some family thinks their kid will have more opportunities at Glenville or Ginn Academy then if they can make it work, more power to them. Its no different than someone who might want to take their kid to another public school for cross country or soccer, which happens. Or kids switch schools for real or perceived academic opportunites, etc. I don't love how loose its getting, but I don't begrudge someone who thinks they are making a better decision for their kids future, regardless of how I personally feel. (hint it really doesn't affect me or anyone, except for if you lose to them in the tournament.... but life goes on anyway.)

Lets just stop entertaining the loser fans of schools that would would never even line it up or could never get there because they had more penalty yards than total yrads against Alter lmao. When I go to Avon it always respect. Olentangy shows respect. Hewitt and Chardon were great hosts in 21. I know itll be all respect in Lakewood this year against Eds. Im sure an Ignatius game is probably on the horizon once they get back to normal. And itll be all respect while folks hours away bitch and moan

Senate League, lol. It's more about the kids from Lyndhurst, Rocky River, Mentor, Twinsburg, Garfield Heights, Solon 🤡, Maple Heights, Cleveland Heights, Euclid, Akron, and multiple private schools in Cleveland.
Every senate team last year was D1, D2 or D3 except the Glenville. But Glenville has a JV and freshman team while the others struggle to field a varsity team.

Why have rules?
What rules are being broken? OHSAA Press person stated in an interview during the playoffs last year that Glenville was legit after they investigated throughout the season

As for having rules, the rules are changing yet again this year. They will continue to change to give more freedom of choice, the politicians in Ohio and OHSAA are clearly moving that way. I would say the "rules" will become much looser over time.

Besides, some other school will replace Glenville as a smaller school who gets big time transfers in a metro area. If a more rural school got a bunch of transfers and stayed in their division and hammered almost everyone in the playoffs would people be as mad on here?

In the grand scheme of life, these transfer issues don't mean much other than someone is upset because their team or kids got whacked by them in a game and prevented them from a perceived state title or whatever it may be. Take it as a learning experience and move on.

What rules are being broken? OHSAA Press person stated in an interview during the playoffs last year that Glenville was legit after they investigated throughout the season.
Why were all those transfers ruled ineligible for the playoffs?
If a more rural school got a bunch of transfers and stayed in their division and hammered almost everyone in the playoffs would people be as mad on here?
If there were a rural public high school out there that stunk for 4 straight years in higher divisions prior to COVID, winning only ONE game outside of one of the worst conferences in Ohio, and then all of a sudden their high school enrollment drops drastically while their local academy is able to bring in 30 or so varsity level transfers during a 3-year span, including 3 straight quarterbacks, to surround a group of D1 guys, instantly turning them into a D4 "power," everyone would be asking questions.

I think maybe 2 kids were ruled ineligible for the playoffs....
If there were a rural public high school out there that stunk for 4 straight years in higher divisions prior to COVID, winning only ONE game outside of one of the worst conferences in Ohio, and then all of a sudden their high school enrollment drops drastically while their local academy is able to bring in 30 or so varsity level transfers during a 3-year span, including 3 straight quarterbacks, to surround a group of D1 guys, instantly turning them into a D4 "power," everyone would be asking questions.

Ummm, so we are mad about this one team in this one off situation.... sounds like there is more to it than that. I'm just not sure why people are so hung up on it. Does anyone on here for sure know that all the transfers were illegal? No, lots of conjecture. Looking at enrollment trends one could clearly see the amount of kids in the CMSD dropping off and in the Glenville attendance zone especially.

I am no Glenville homer, but it isn't going to change, there are only 3-4 teams left in D4 who will compete with them most likely, its time to let it go and move on.

Cheaters got to cheat. Glenville would never have won d-1 with the horrible coaching of Ginn. Great recruiter AKA Cheater but lousy coach

I am no Glenville homer, but it isn't going to change, there are only 3-4 teams left in D4 who will compete with them most likely, its time to let it go and move on.
When you think about it most people have to be honest. Its the same 7ish people whose teams arent even affected by Big Bad Glenvile that just cant get a life which is why I said just let them be losers all they want in peace yesterday lol

I think maybe 2 kids were ruled ineligible for the playoffs....
🚨 Wrong.
Ummm, so we are mad about this one team in this one off situation.... sounds like there is more to it than that. I'm just not sure why people are so hung up on it. Does anyone on here for sure know that all the transfers were illegal? No, lots of conjecture.
Who is mad? IDA*ATS This is much more entertaining than talking politics. I'm considering changing my screen name to Transfer Expert.

My only opinion is that I don't believe families from Maple Heights, Euclid, Rocky River, Mentor, Clev Heights, Garfield Heights, Lyndhurst, Akron, Twinsburg, etc would relocate to Glenville so that their child could attend Ginn and play football for GHS for a year or two. I have plenty of receipts.

If someone is willing to provide a security detail, airfare and a film crew, I will make a documentary.

You cherry picked 4 years of Glenville football that coincides with the legendary Ted Ginn, Sr. being ill AND a global pandemic taking place. LMAOOOOO

lol Glenville fans trying to call people racist for pointing out that it’s odd for a public school to get exponentially better while their enrollment numbers plummet
I haven’t called anyone racist. My thing is line it up and play us. We’re D4 with a horrible staff, and a bunch of “athletes” that don’t play as a team we should be an easy win…… As a fan of Massillon you’ll know better than me about the enrollment numbers. Clearly Massillon has reached a new level (I GIVE ZERO EFFS WHERE YOU GUYS PULL KIDS FROM) while dropping a division. You guys won it all while enrollment presumably dropped; although winning D2 seems just as tough as winning D1 here recently.

I haven’t called anyone racist. My thing is line it up and play us. We’re D4 with a horrible staff, and a bunch of “athletes” that don’t play as a team we should be an easy win…… As a fan of Massillon you’ll know better than me about the enrollment numbers. Clearly Massillon has reached a new level (I GIVE ZERO EFFS WHERE YOU GUYS PULL KIDS FROM) while dropping a division. You guys won it all while enrollment presumably dropped; although winning D2 seems just as tough as winning D1 here recently.
High school football started in 2016 lmao

Doubtme, good point. That's why If any d4 team can defeat this juggernaut, they will become legendary. Quit whining like baby's and just beat them. Glenville runs three plays. These coaches aren't real innovative. They only rely on superior talent.

The last part has always been true...or did you think all that talent organically came out of one neighborhood while the other Cleveland publics were just unlucky to have little talent grow up in their neighborhoods
Shut up. You don't care about the other city schools. You just hate that a particular city school can compete with and defeat suburban and private schools

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Cheaters got to cheat. Glenville would never have won d-1 with the horrible coaching of Ginn. Great recruiter AKA Cheater but lousy coach
They were only a missed catch away from winning the DI title in '09. What the hell are you talking about?
And they don't cheat. Kids want to play for coach Ginn. He doesn't force then to.
Just say "I hate Glenville" and be done with it.

FYI. The 2024-25/2025-26 enrollment numbers for MW showed a modest increase.

FYI. The 2024-25/2025-26 enrollment numbers for MW showed a modest increase.
I bet, everyone wants to join a winner. But that’s cool to see for a one school district. At the end of the day, people have an issue with Ginn and or Glenville and we all know some of the disdain is race related. But like I say line up and play us, we’ll play anyone.