CJ at Middletown

My picks to win

X gets the sweep winning game 3 25-15

:shrug:

Who saw that coming. Hopefully someone was at the game to say if:

1) Elder had an off night
2) X may have the pieces this year
3) Elder just didn't reload as most thought

Those scores aren't really even close besides the first game. I'm sure some it can be attributed to Elder's first game and X has already played, but the Elder faithful on here were saying just wait until tonight for Elder to expose X.

Looks like it was the other way around for once

I wouldn't be discouraged if I were the Panthers. In 09, St X came out and did the same exact thing in the season opener. In 2010 St X beat Elder in 2 at the St Charles tournament. It's early and it was a tough one for them, but they'll bounce back as they always seem to do. Impressive X handled them easily though. After I heard the first score I expected another 5 match thriller like last season at X.

not an easy start the season for Elder. Tonight vs Centerville, then Lasalle, and Moeller next Tuesday!

We'll see how good St. X really is - tomorrow vs Moeller, and next week vs Lasalle and Alter.

Current ESPN Fab 50 Rankings
7. Elder
10. Moeller
13. Hoban
28. St. X (beat Elder)
40. St. Eds
42. Centerville (beat St. Eds)

On the Bubble
Lasalle, Darby, Lakota East, Mt Vernon

not an easy start the season for Elder. Tonight vs Centerville, then Lasalle, and Moeller next Tuesday!

We'll see how good St. X really is - tomorrow vs Moeller, and next week vs Lasalle and Alter.

7. Elder
10. Moeller
13. Hoban
28. St. X (beat Elder)
40. St. Eds
On the Bubble

Anyone have the scores to that Centerville vs St Eds match? Or at least the number of games?

7. Elder
10. Moeller
13. Hoban
28. St. X (beat Elder)
40. St. Eds

On the Bubble

How can a team be on the bubble? Is that on the site or are you pulling this out of nowhere?

I wouldn't be discouraged if I were the Panthers. In 09, St X came out and did the same exact thing in the season opener. In 2010 St X beat Elder in 2 at the St Charles tournament. It's early and it was a tough one for them, but they'll bounce back as they always seem to do. Impressive X handled them easily though. After I heard the first score I expected another 5 match thriller like last season at X.

Elder played decent the 1st match but really just fell apart with their passing and didn't hit well at all the 2nd and 3rd matches so I expect they'll be much better next time they play X. X was passing dimes most of the matches and Moehring definitely had an off night. But the real question is how will X play against Moe tomorrow because that will determine how X sets up for the rest of the season. I think it all comes down to whether X's passing is as good as it was for Elder.

I have 2 things to say.
1. Moehring had a bad night but a lot of that had to do with how Fletcher played across the net for X.
2. Maybe Im reading it wrong, but In terms of the bold, how does the result of one match(in this case Moe/X tomorrow night) set the path for X's season, but Elder losing to X only gets brushed off as Elder will be better the next time? Say X did lose tomorrow night. Couldn't they have a bad night and be better the next time like you are assuming Elder will be the next time against X?

I think he meant if X won the match then they're the real deal, but if they lose, then who really knows how everything is right now for the season. If X does win, they're really the real deal.

first time X has won a GCL south game in over a year.. I would be excited to Diehardvballfan.. fluke or no fluke for elder, X still has a lot to prove.

Elder bounced back tonight with a 3 game sweep of Centerville. Actually all three levels got the sweep. The JV dominated (25-13, 25-9) which I was surprised to see and Varsity won, 25-20, 25-18, 25-23.

Not really surprised by the results, especially at Moe. Elder is gonna have their hands full at home on Tuesday.

They were within 5 for the 2nd and 3rd game, the first game moe beat them like 25-19/18? i'm not sure but i know that the 2nd and 3rd weren't that far apart considering that moe had a 5 point run in the beginning of each game

They were within 5 for the 2nd and 3rd game, the first game moe beat them like 25-19/18? i'm not sure but i know that the 2nd and 3rd weren't that far apart considering that moe had a 5 point run in the beginning of each game

15-25, 21-25, 20-25, so average around 18/19-25. doesnt really matter

Elder played decent the 1st match but really just fell apart with their passing and didn't hit well at all the 2nd and 3rd matches so I expect they'll be much better next time they play X.
Wow. Three matches in one night? And Elder lost all three matches too.
I think those were three sets, and just one match.