GCL Co-ed 21/22

Is Fenwick even trying
Effort is there, just very little talent. Look at their rebounding numbers, pretty good for a 4 win team. Granted a lot offensive rebounds, which they get a lot opportunities for the way they shoot, but that’s usually a sign of good effort. Best player is probably the sophomore Temming, Thompson is huge effort. Foul too much, shoot too many 3’s, and hardly ever get to the line

Last edited:
Fenwick tried to stall the first quarter and ran off about 3 minutes of the clock after Alter dunked it to start the game. Knights were up 41-8 ish before Coulter threw the whole bench in. Score from last night is pretty misleading; Alter could have put 90 on Fenwick but Conner and Chew sat pretty much the entire 2nd half as did other starters.

Effort is there, just void of much talent. Look at their rebounding numbers, pretty good for a 4 win team. Granted a lot offensive rebounds, which they get a lot opportunities for the way they shoot, but that’s usually a sign of good effort. Best player is probably the sophomore Temming, Thompson is huge effort. Foul too much, shoot too many 3’s, and hardly ever get to the line
Yeah sorry if some people take this the wrong way, I only saw them stalling in the first, tuned out afterwards

Not at all. I’m far from a Fenwick apologist, just think the talent level is so low that there is very little they can do. Stalling is B.S. to me. Just trying to make the score look different in the “paper”. But really, who on Fenwick if they weren’t at Fenwick, would be playing high school basketball at a competitive school. Temming and Thompson is all I saw. Rest should be talking about how they are going to dominate intramurals.
Man, yall are rough.

Fenwick loses to SCC 45-40. Lead by one at half but that was more because Irish played so bad not Fenwick playing well. #34 for Fenwick had 20 but that was it for Falcons. Poor shooting no rebound and bad defense combine with curious coaching decisions for a bad night.

Looks like Fenwick may have made the correct decision a few years back. Badin is not a well coached team.
Pretty quick judgement after only half a season. You must be quite the expert. Kreke’s record at Fenwick speaks for itself. Won more GCL championships than all the Badin coaches over the same period of time.

Pretty quick judgement after only half a season. You must be quite the expert. Kreke’s record at Fenwick speaks for itself. Won more GCL championships than all the Badin coaches over the same period of
Pretty quick judgement after only half a season. You must be quite the expert. Kreke’s record at Fenwick speaks for itself. Won more GCL championships than all the Badin coaches over the same period of time.
Wow. Thank you for the compliment. I’m not sure about expert but I do know a bit about basketball. Thank you for the recap of his Fenwick career. He must have turned down a lot of offers the last three years to wait for Badin to open up. On second thought Badin is lucky to have him.

Looks like Fenwick may have made the correct decision a few years back. Badin is not a well coached team.
I do know that Kreke can coach. His record speaks for itself. I have also heard that it is not going well at Badin so far. Kids don't seem to be playing hard, parents aren't happy, etc... Draw your own conclusions, I don't know what to think either way.

Coach Kreke can coach! Badin returned exactly one starter from a 10-14 team in 2021 and 11 seniors on that roster with only three kids returning. I'm pretty sure the previous Hall of Fame coach had some of the same issues with the players. As stated above there has not been a lot of success over the years for Badin basketball. Had some good teams in the early and late 90's but pretty inconsistent over the past 20 years. They won 17 games in 2019 and 2020 but no tourney success and that's been the high water mark in the 2000's. They sit at 6-9 at the present time but should get to the 10 win mark again which would be an improvement with only one returner.

Last edited:
Coach Kreke can coach! Badin returned exactly one starter from a 10-14 team in 2021 and 11 seniors on that roster with only three kids returning. I'm pretty sure the previous Hall of Fame coach had some of the same issues with the players. As stated above there has not been a lot of success over the years for Badin basketball. Had some good teams in the early and late 90's but pretty inconsistent over the past 20 years. They won 17 games in 2019 and 2020 but no tourney success and that's been the high water mark in the 2000's. They sit at 6-9 at the present time but should get to the 10 win mark again which would be an improvement with only one returner.
Looking at his career record his teams average 12.7 wins a year to go along with 10.3 losses. Winning percentage of 55%. Career GCL Coed 57 wins 89 losses. 4.3-6.8 average year. I don’t think those numbers are that earth shattering. He’s a career .500 + coach. Cincy hoops thanks for that link. Great info on there.

Looking at his career record his teams average 12.7 wins a year to go along with 10.3 losses. Winning percentage of 55%. Career GCL Coed 57 wins 89 losses. 4.3-6.8 average year. I don’t think those numbers are that earth shattering. He’s a career .500 + coach. Cincy hoops thanks for that link. Great info on there.
Who did you have in mind to take over? Not a lot of talent there.
I actually think most of the dudes that received an interview are presently on the staff including the cat that coaches his son from mid court each game.

I actually think most of the dudes that received an interview are presently on the staff including the cat that coaches his son from mid court each game.
There’s enough talent to compete with anybody on their schedule except three teams. From what I understand Kreke takes no input from his assistants. Haha that half court stuff should have been stopped years ago. Kinda shows their lack of wanting to be a legitimate program.

There’s enough talent to compete with anybody on their schedule except three teams. From what I understand Kreke takes no input from his assistants. Haha that half court stuff should have been stopped years ago. Kinda shows their lack of wanting to be a legitimate program.
I will admit to not knowing the ins and outs of Badin basketball 2022. I’ve watched the
teams play since the early 70’s. My opinion is this is one of the lesser talented teams in that time frame. I still seem to think they will get to 10 wins.

I will admit to not knowing the ins and outs of Badin basketball 2022. I’ve watched the
teams play since the early 70’s. My opinion is this is one of the lesser talented teams in that time frame. I still seem to think they will get to 10 wins.
I would disagree with one of the lesser talented teams. They have decent size, they have some kids that can shoot the ball, they handle the ball decent. There have been some Badin teams with much less talent.

And outside of Alter the GCL coed is very average this year.

You mean Mr.Decello!! ? What a joke!!

I would disagree with one of the lesser talented teams. They have decent size, they have some kids that can shoot the ball, they handle the ball decent. There have been some Badin teams with much less talent.

And outside of Alter the GCL coed is very average this year.
I’m gonna have to take your word on how good the shooters are. Aside from the D lineman that leads them in scoring the next four top ppg scorers average between 28-35% from the field with of course their 3pt percentage being below that.
They have a starter at guard that has played in every game thus far-15 games-with a total of 8 assists.
They have an offensive coordinator on staff. I will reiterate they returned one starter from a 10 win team in 2021. That seems to suggest two different head coaches were wrong on player evaluation. I don’t attend practices so I can only comment on what I see at the games.

I’m gonna have to take your word on how good the shooters are. Aside from the D lineman that leads them in scoring the next four top ppg scorers average between 28-35% from the field with of course their 3pt percentage being below that.
They have a starter at guard that has played in every game thus far-15 games-with a total of 8 assists.
They have an offensive coordinator on staff. I will reiterate they returned one starter from a 10 win team in 2021. That seems to suggest two different head coaches were wrong on player evaluation. I don’t attend practices so I can only comment on what I see at the games.
Per the gcl website they are shooting better as a team from 3 this season than they did last season. Shooting same overall from the field.

The staff last year set the program back a couple years. They showed loyalty to 11 seniors. Half had no business being in a gcl varsity roster. They played two sophomores in both tournament games last year in tight games the entire fourth quarters. I guess they didn’t care if the senior parents complained after the regular season. Player evaluation was done by grade not abilities. Badin basketball is not treated the same as baseball or now football.

The staff last year set the program back a couple years. They showed loyalty to 11 seniors. Half had no business being in a gcl varsity roster. They played two sophomores in both tournament games last year in tight games the entire fourth quarters. I guess they didn’t care if the senior parents complained after the regular season. Player evaluation was done by grade not abilities. Badin basketball is not treated the same as baseball or now football.
I would love to know how the baseball program is treated differently than the basketball program? The baseball program has won every league title but one in 30 years and have been to 11 state semis during that span. Not really comparing apples to apples. There is minimal "school" money spent on the program. They raise most of their own revenue.
Wow, now we criticize a coach that has the floor named after him. Maybe they can get the girls coaching staff to take over the boys program. He's pretty successful.

I would love to know how the baseball program is treated differently than the basketball program? The baseball program has won every league title but one in 30 years and have been to 11 state semis during that span. Not really comparing apples to apples. There is minimal "school" money spent on the program. They raise most of their own revenue.
Wow, now we criticize a coach that has the floor named after him. Maybe they can get the girls coaching staff to take over the boys program. He's pretty successful.
If you are a Badin fan and didn’t see a problem with the way that team last year was put together it’s laughable. By treated differently I meant the mindset of the programs. Baseball would start a freshman if Treadway thought it would help him win. You know the correct way. That is not the case with the basketball program. And yes being a hall of famer still enables you to be criticized.

If you are a Badin fan and didn’t see a problem with the way that team last year was put together it’s laughable. By treated differently I meant the mindset of the programs. Baseball would start a freshman if Treadway thought it would help him win. You know the correct way. That is not the case with the basketball program. And yes being a hall of famer still enables you to be criticized.
My guess would be they kept 11 seniors to not be criticized. I truly don't know enough about the make-up of the teams. Parents are over the top intrusive in HS athletics. I would agree about the head baseball coach but that has zero to do with how the programs are treated differently. I'm pretty sure he gets criticized as well, but when you win the way he does it falls on deaf ears.
BTW-the football team had 25 seniors on its roster this past season. Doesn't that also seem excessive in your way of thinking? Winning quiets the negative comments. The question is a chicken and egg thought process. Does the complaining cause the losing or is it reversed. My playing career ended 40 yrs ago and my very knowledgeable father never said a word about the coaching.