GCL Co-Ed 2020-21

Alter JV played Moeller's frosh. Coach at Alter told me both teams were scrambling to fill scrimmage dates because they've had several teams cancel due to Covid. Alter and Moeller's coaching staff get along pretty well because they always seem to do scrimmages, games etc in regular season and the summer.

Alter JV played Moeller's frosh. Coach at Alter told me both teams were scrambling to fill scrimmage dates because they've had several teams cancel due to Covid. Alter and Moeller's coaching staff get along pretty well because they always seem to do scrimmages, games etc in regular season and the summer.
they’ve played Moeller once in the last 7 years.

I bet FFTH will become just local Ohio teams matched up against each other. No way any of these teams travel from out of state. Heard Alter is going to go three weeks straight now without playing a game.

To be fair, Moeller has only played CJ and Purcell from the GCL-COED since 2014. CJ four times and Purcell twice.
They need to go back to playing each other on a yearly basis. GCLS plays each co-ed team once to fill out the schedule.

They need to go back to playing each other on a yearly basis. GCLS plays each co-ed team once to fill out the schedule.

Makes no sense to do this every year, yes there are times when the coed teams can compete with the south teams, but not on a yearly basis. Back in the late 90's and early 2000's alot of the Coed teams could do this, and regularly beat the south teams, but not very often anymore, especially Moeller which has been on another level the last 10 years.

Makes no sense to do this every year, yes there are times when the coed teams can compete with the south teams, but not on a yearly basis. Back in the late 90's and early 2000's alot of the Coed teams could do this, and regularly beat the south teams, but not very often anymore, especially Moeller which has been on another level the last 10 years.
You make a point. But it wasn’t like there was a period of decline for the co-Ed teams, they just all of a sudden stopped it on a regular basis. The south teams are still a huge draw and all it takes is really one or two players and you have a competitive ballgame. Instead of not playing, they should embrace these games. The old guys get to reminisce about yesteryear, and the players can get amped on playing a south school.

I see chew transitioning well from SWBL to GCL play. He will be a hardnosed, pedal to the metal type of player He reminds me of a young Tyler Herro.
I saw CJ embaress the Rubin kid from Oakwood during the tournament last year. Rubin was the SWBL player of the year. I think he had 2 points with about three minutes left when CJ subbed up about 25. CJ was barely .500. The GCL is a whole lot different than the SWBL. I wish him luck, but he is going to be guarded. I haven’t seen him, but I doubt he’s a young Tyler Hero.

I see Alter struggled with Wilmington. Needed a 4th quarter comeback to win the game.
First game for Alter and Wilmington's 5th game.... Wilmington was shooting lights out for 3 quarters 15 made 3's going into 4th! Alter will be fine just need to play to get warmed up

Can anyone update me on what is happening at CJ? Only one game in 2-3 weeks. Alter started on Tuesday and already has more games

McNick now with 3 wins in a row. 2 over Division 1 teams. Playing much better after opening night loss. I still think it will come down to Alter, Fenwick and Mcnick but the GCL co-ed will be tough day in and day out no matter who you are playing. there are no gimmee games in this league.

Those two teams are just going to keep getting better. They both have a lot of different ways to win, they play physical but have skill to go with it. Should be another great year in the GCL co-ed.

Just watched the Alter-Badin game. Big kid from Alter stood on the 3 pt line the entire and did nothing but hoist up jumpers. He's listed at 6'9, is that his normal game? Literally did nothing else but stand around. Didn't seem to be an issue as they won by 10+ but just curious.
Also didn't see the former Knight coach on the bench.

Just watched the Alter-Badin game. Big kid from Alter stood on the 3 pt line the entire and did nothing but hoist up jumpers. He's listed at 6'9, is that his normal game? Literally did nothing else but stand around. Didn't seem to be an issue as they won by 10+ but just curious.
Also didn't see the former Knight coach on the bench.

Alter coach is quarantined I believe.