GCL All-Sports Trophy '06-'07

StXBomber07

If there's still any moderators for this forum could we delete the old one and make this a sticky? Thanks.

We take the early lead in Fall Sports followed by LaSalle, Elder, and Moe in last. Much closer than in past years but I see Moe as our biggest competition from year to year so anytime we can start out 1st and them in last i'm alright with it :thumb: Nice work Fall Sports guys...Good Luck Winter Sports and Go Bombers!

http://gclsports.com/contentPage.aspx?sec=9&year=2006&div=3
^^Here are the complete standings if you're interested...

What happened to the cc team? They use to be a contender for a state championship ever year and qualified for state for a ton of years in a row. Last year was a down year but this year was even wors, third in the gcl behind elder? Also, what happened to the soccer team this year? Weren't they pre-season number 1 in the city and they finished last in the gcl? Definitley a disapointing year after a state finals appearnce last year.

cross country should be getting better in the near future (in the GCL spectra) considering Lasalle's dominant cross country team is losing half their team...or more

BuckeyeJon2006 said:
What happened to the cc team? They use to be a contender for a state championship ever year and qualified for state for a ton of years in a row. Last year was a down year but this year was even wors, third in the gcl behind elder? Also, what happened to the soccer team this year? Weren't they pre-season number 1 in the city and they finished last in the gcl? Definitley a disapointing year after a state finals appearnce last year.
well lasalle is like number 1 in the state and tops in the naiton, and they lost to elder by like not much i dont think

As other people already said probably said 1) La Salle has an unreal amount of tallent this year (most of it graduates), 2) The '06 and '07 classes are/were kinda down years talent wise, but most importantly 3) they made it to state this year (Elder did not) which is the important thing.

well, we have an automatic 16 more points in swimming and tennis, so as of right now we're looking really good...

how many GCL all-sports trophies have we won in a row?

like 7??? or 8?

our soccer team was riddled with injuries. our cross country team's coach retired before last season, so that could add a little to the drop-off of the past 2 seasons. and lasalle is the best in the nation. so that doesn't help.

yeah.. umm... we own.. and we will continue to own.. cause the team in second place.. well.. that is all the points they get.. cause in every other sport the response will simply be, "I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul" - BM
GO BOMBERS!

I mean, if we cut our losses in sports like bowling and baseball, then it's pretty much a lock right now. Let's make it 9 years running!

Current Scores
St. X - 22
Moeller - 18 (-4)

Wrestling
Moeller - 8
St X - 4

Swimming
St X. - 8
Moeller - 6

Bowling
Moeller - 4
St. X - 2

Basketball (using current rankings)
Moeller - 8
St. X - 6

Totals after winter sports
Moeller - 44 (+2)
St. X - 42 (-2)

yeah well soccer wasnt great bc the pics werent the best. i think 5-6 seniors were cut that had made it in past years. i no the seniors on the team were pissed. yeah this isnt looking good considering we never do great in the spring. o yeah and moe isnt going to place 2nd in the gcl in swimming.

What happens if Moeller and Elder tie in basketball? Do they both get 8 points or is there something else that happens?
If the teams tie they split the points - 7 each is correct. But that means that ST X. drops to 3rd and gets only 4 points. So the spread increases one point. Moeller now +3. But Bowling turned, St. X finished 3rd and Moeller 4th, so that is reversed from my example above. It net's out to Moeller +1 (if they tie Elder)

If X doesn't win the all sports trophy I think we can officially put down the class of 07 as one of the worst in recent years.

Yes, I agree. I think that 07 should go down at the worst in recent years after they win 2 state championships in both swimming and tennis. Swimming even has the chance of winning a national championship. Are you a state champion or are you just part of a grade that won many of them. We would not have won swimming, tennis, or vball last year without the 07 class, but your right. It is questionable if we would have won football considering the 07 class made up the O-line. Tough having a running game with no o-line. But your right.

Yes, I agree. I think that 07 should go down at the worst in recent years after they win 2 state championships in both swimming and tennis. Swimming even has the chance of winning a national championship. Are you a state champion or are you just part of a grade that won many of them. We would not have won swimming, tennis, or vball last year without the 07 class, but your right. It is questionable if we would have won football considering the 07 class made up the O-line. Tough having a running game with no o-line. But your right.

1) Swimming is won every year, that is not a accomplishment. If you win the national title cangrats but not many people will care about it outside of the atual swimmers.
2) Tennis hasn't been won yet has it? Isn't it later in the year? I wouldn't be chalking up any state titles before they're won (except swimming). But if you do win congrats, it was won last year too and will probably be won again in the near future. The underclassman are very talented.
3) I don't know a whole lot about volleyball but I'm pretty sure we had the best player in the state in my grade. I think he helped out a whole lot.
4) Yes you guys did help a lot for our state championship team, but obviously you didn't win one on your own. There were 2 06 o lineman who started and I don't know if it was them or the lack of coaching or what, but the o line in 05 was 100x better than the 06 line.
5) Yes I am a state champ, but I don't go around and tell people that I am or wear my ring around bc I didn't play. I'll take my ring and my name on the sweatshirt but I didn't play so it's nothing to brag about.
In conclusion, you can say you helped out the 06 class all you want, but when it came time for you guys to be seniors you have not accomplish very much. If you loose out on the all sports trophy for the first time in about a decade, that is pretty pathetic.

Wow. What a down year for X. Swimming might be the only team to win state (Tennis is favored too I believe), we finish 2nd in the city for NMSF, and we might not win the All Sports Trophy.