GCL 20/21

It pains me to watch Walt McBride's kid play somewhere other than Xavier. He is just really solid. Knows how to play, has good size, and is just tough.

He was a heck of a QB too. It's a shame his injuries kept him out of sports at Moeller for so long. Could've been another in a long line of great two sport athletes in the GCL

McBrides injury set Moeller football program back years. His QB play, and what could have been, was a dagger when he got injured. However, he's in a great place today at WVU and seems on pace to be an All-American and on his way to the NBA.

Moeller High School says it will begin a search for a new athletic director in March.
Mike Asbeck, who had been the Moeller athletic director since 2013, is no longer employed there, according to the school.
The school declined to comment further because it is a personnel matter.

Strange time of the year to be searching for an AD.

Elder, X, and Moe have all been impressive so far. LaSalle struggling with limited depth.

I don’t see LaSalle winning a GCL game. Predicted records:

Moeller - 5-1 (loss to Elder)
Elder - 4-2 (losses to Moe and X on road)
X - 3-3 (but very competitive)
LaSalle - 0-6 (doesn’t have the depth this year)

You’re welcome.

Mike Noszka = the man. From no GCL wins in years to a share of the GCL title in 2 seasons. Incredible

I gotta say this Moeller team has been underwhelming all year. Duncomb hardly looks the part and got outplayed by the combo of McClure and Semona and Mahaffey was completely dominated by Rogers. Noyes looks like their best player. St. X deserves all the credit in the world, but I can't help, but think that Moeller has no business losing games to Elder and X with a roster like that.

Have to think Rogers is a shoe-in for GCL POY at this point

Last edited:
Rogers is a stud.

I don’t care who the award goes to, he’s the best player in the GCL. Very efficient too - never has huge number of shots to get his numbers. Rebounds well - leads his team well. Defends well.

Last edited:
Rogers is a stud.

I don’t care who the award goes to, he’s the best player in the GCL. Very efficient too - never has huge number of shots to get his numbers. Rebounds well - leads his team well. Defends well.
I believe he’s first in scoring, second in rebounds, and 1st in steals in the gcl south. I don’t know what else you’d have to do to win the award. He completely dominated moeller at both ends last night. His block in the lane on mahaffey I think in the fourth quarter was incredible. Took 2 charges on mahaffey too that he wasn’t rewarded for and picked his pocket multiple times while giving him buckets at the other end all night

Weak move by the GCL with the co-player of the year. Rodgers is 1st in scoring, 2nd in rebounds, 2nd in assists, and 1st in steals. Should've won it outright

Look at blind stats and tell me it should’ve been remotely close:

13.3 points on 57.9 fg%, 9 rebounds and 1 bpg
vs
18.9 points on 53% and 44.6% from three, 7.5 rebounds, 3.4 assists, and 2.8 steals

Last edited: