Gas prices 2024

Oil 85.45
Lowest 3.29 Hamilton and Reinbeau Drive (Columbus)
Highest 3.59 Whitehall and Worthington
Likely that BP on the corner of Yearling and 5th in Whitehall. That place is a POS and always have the highest that I see as they feast on everyone working at the DSCC. I presume FedEx gets a bulk rate...but rhe local FedEx fills up all their trucks at that BP.

I'd avoid that place!

Prices are ALL over the place right now. Yesterday, it was $3.89 in Madison, but $3.17 in Geneva. In Boardman, it was $3.89 at one place and $3.26 at another. In PA, gas with extremely high state taxes compared to Ohio, was also $3.899.

Makes no sense right now. Lots of speculation driving up prices.

You realize these shutdowns happen for planned maintenance reasons. They do so every 2 to 4 years. One NWO refinery has been closed for the 45 days or so, it's about ready to come back on line.
Another NWO will be doing this starting this Sept.
It's not done to give into conspiracy theories of why high gas prices are currently happening... that would be more from the current DC administration.

Last edited:
You realize these shutdowns happen for planned maintenance reasons. They do so every 2 to 4 years. One NWO refinery has been closed for the 45 days or so, it's about ready to come back on line.
Another NWO will be doing this starting this Sept.
It's not done to give into conspiracy theories of why high gas prices are currently happening... that would be more from the current DC administration.
And how does any president control the price of gas?

Well if it would have been higher, yes it would be.
However according to gas buddy
Avg price in Ohio between Jan 2017 and Jan 2020 (pre covid crash) gas average was $2.40
From Jan 2020 thur Dec 2020 ( Covid) it averaged $1.40
From Jan 2021 thru present it's $3.50.

So run along now. I'm outta crayons!

Gas isn't even the biggest problem.
The cost of diesel and its regulation is.
Diesel drives this country and this administration is doing everything it can to kill it off.
Damn any idiot that votes to continue down this current path.
I hope those that do, enjoys what they are going to get

Well if it would have been higher, yes it would be.
However according to gas buddy
Avg price in Ohio between Jan 2017 and Jan 2020 (pre covid crash) gas average was $2.40
From Jan 2020 thur Dec 2020 ( Covid) it averaged $1.40
From Jan 2021 thru present it's $3.50.

So run along now. I'm outta crayons!
When the last president took office gas prices in the area I was living was 1.99 when he left office it was 2.25. So that small increase was his fault. Thank you for educating all of us.

Welcome. Sorry to hear about your .26 increase over a 4 yr span. Hope you didn't miss any meals

so what is the story about with Biden banning on drilling on half the federal lands in Alaska...heard a little about this on 700 wlw, last week

The Keystone XL pipeline was expected to carry 830,000 barrels per day of Alberta oil sands crude to Nebraska. So it did not produce any.