Former Huddle Members

Interesting twitter thread last week. It briefly takes our debate forum to task (as it rightfully should), but otherwise is a nostalgic look back at JJHuddle. Sounds like the guy made some $$$ when he sold the site to max preps

Thanks for this, Myron. As a fellow OG who is a veteran of the Huddle, I really enjoyed the comments about the old days as well as those describing things on today's Yappi (both hit the bullseye). (y)

Theres even a thread started by me!

Interesting twitter thread last week. It briefly takes our debate forum to task (as it rightfully should), but otherwise is a nostalgic look back at JJHuddle. Sounds like the guy made some $$$ when he sold the site to max preps

Thanks for this, Myron. As a fellow OG who is a veteran of the Huddle, I really enjoyed the comments about the old days as well as those describing things on today's Yappi (both hit the bullseye). (y)

Great thread, thanks for sharing. Wonder how @Yappi feels that the perception among seemingly a decent # of Ohio high school sports fans is this site is unreadable due to the political insanity that bleeds over from the debate board.

I think those are the ones that their team sucks this year so they go over the Debate Forum and b^tch and moan about politics.

Great thread, thanks for sharing. Wonder how @Yappi feels that the perception among seemingly a decent # of Ohio high school sports fans is this site is unreadable due to the political insanity that bleeds over from the debate board.

I find certain forums or threads to be unreadable, but the Debate Forum isn't one of them because I never look at it. I come to this site to get away from that subject matter.

I find certain forums or threads to be unreadable, but the Debate Forum isn't one of them because I never look at it. I come to this site to get away from that subject matter.

Truth. That venomous and angry forum has been rendered moot to—I’m guessing—90% of those of us on Yappi

Truth. That venomous and angry forum has been rendered moot to—I’m guessing—90% of those of us on Yappi
Right as rain. Almost all the posts over there are made by the same dozen or so posters doing nothing more than tossing insults at each other.
In the Huddle's similar forum, we had spirited debates (and yes too many personal attacks from some) but there were several of us who actually became friends with people that we disagreed with. Mutual respect -- for the most part -- existed there. Sorely missed in this DF.

Right as rain. Almost all the posts over there are made by the same dozen or so posters doing nothing more than tossing insults at each other.
In the Huddle's similar forum, we had spirited debates (and yes too many personal attacks from some) but there were several of us who actually became friends with people that we disagreed with. Mutual respect -- for the most part -- existed there. Sorely missed in this DF.

Isn't that the modern dialectic? Instead of facts and discussion points from real news, personal experience and political analysts, people get their political daggers from entertainers now, and they're proud of it. They're bent by people whose expertise is pretty words. Look at the resumes of some of these jokers. Degrees in entrepreneurial leadership, marketing, journalism, law instead of resumes built leading communities or businesses. The sheep are simply hopping on the dung wagon.