Football Program FUN FACTS!

Baseball's a tough sell, man. Same reason why Kyler Murray chose football. You can go to the NFL and be making great money right away, or try baseball, and take bus rides from Paduch to Cedar Rapids making $4,300.
Kyler Murray had a $4million signing bonus for baseball if he went that route. He was an exception

Ok and? Not like he was going to struggle financially like most minor league players under AAA.
Right. Either way he was going to be successful eventually. He wouldnt have in baseball for the first couple years bc minor league dont really make jack compared to the bigs.. Jared Hoying mightve been making 6 figures in AAA then got the big league minimum when he got to the bigs. Never made the real big bucks until he went to south korea. It always seems that people that have a choice go with football, and i dont blame them

Ok and? Not like he was going to struggle financially like most minor league players under AAA.
The and is, you're playing in the minor leagues for 2 years at minimum, if you're lucky, and can't sign a gigantic contract until you're 29ish.

In the NFL, he'll be on his 2nd big payday when he's 27, making a boatload more than he would have as a baseball player. He got a $23 million signing bonus to play football. And he ain't riding the bus from Arizona to Houston for a game.

Great read thanks folks...

I contribute Massillons David Canary all Ohioan in the 50s. Bonanzas Candy and a long time leading role on soap operas.

Baseball's a tough sell, man. Same reason why Kyler Murray chose football. You can go to the NFL and be making great money right away, or try baseball, and take bus rides from Paducha to Cedar Rapids making $4,300.
No doubt.

My reasoning is the simple fact in baseball you have much more control over your success compared to football.

In KW's case, being a QB is a position where you can get stuck behind someone, or have a new coach/philosophy come in and you can get left behind. In baseball, he could have excelled at the college level at 3B, P, 1B, or DH if he had got stuck behind someone on the depth chart.

Couple of summers ago a scout was watching Lonsway from Celina. He saw my Coldwater hat and approached me stating "I wanted a player from you school big time and felt he had all the tools, but he chose football".

But, as stated, it worked out for him and I am glad it did.