Football Field Paint Crew

VTJGball

Versailles's game and practice field is painted by a group of volunteers payed by little guys out of a 30 pack.
How's your school do it?
20210811_201756.jpg
20210811_201801.jpg

Agavales and it's much easier to get a first down at middle of the East end of the field. Lines get kind of wide apart the closer you get to the west endzone.

A lot of places around here (Versailles is in the vicinity) have a group of parent volunteers. They earn a season pass for all home games for their efforts. Not sure if they still do it at my school or not.

Looks like they did so after they had their 30 cube....
Joking.

We used to have someone who did a great job. The end zones were like the checkerboard Tennessee a few times.

Looks like they did so after they had their 30 cube....
Joking.

We used to have someone who did a great job. The end zones were like the checkerboard Tennessee a few times.
No little guys on game field......practice field.....well that's another story.

Practice field has the lines burned into it in early August by the coaches dad. Game field is painted by the AD and a few guys from the grounds crew. In the past for big games some additional parent volunteers would show up to pain the endzones.

At Lancaster the practice fields and Junior High game fields are painted by the Schools athletic fields maintenance guy. The High Schools game field was bought with the lines already on it.

Versailles's game and practice field is painted by a group of volunteers payed by little guys out of a 30 pack.
How's your school do it?View attachment 19897View attachment 19896
I mentioned crooked lines to a long time Carroll volunteer not realizing that he was in charge of the paint crew. He asked if I thought I could do a better job. What followed was 16 years of me painting the stadium, freshman field and practice field with various parent volunteers through the years. When I finally stopped, the coaches painted the fields until 2 years ago when they got artificial turf. There was always a fight between the football coach who wanted longer grass and the soccer coach who wanted it cut shorter.

How many schools are using a robot to line the field?
Mount Gilead, North Union, Fairbanks, off the top of my head. Pickerington uses a GPS painter on a UTV with autosteer. They still have some limitations, but overall, they are a game-changer. I think the best bet is a blend between the robot for yard lines and side lines, with numbers and hashes painted old school.

Here are some photos from yesterday at North Union and Mount Gilead.
20230825_200414.jpg

NU.png

20230825_143327.jpg

20230825_144410.jpg