Fitch Falcons 2022

I tlooks like they went back to the 3/4. That is not wise. Instead of leaving Robinson matched up with a tackle he would be able to push around and beat to the outside, they have him in a position where they will double team him all day. I alYso wish they ran an offense that has some sort of a wrinkle that will give defenses problems. I watched some old films of Fitch during the Hartman era, and no team could stop the counter out of the wing-t. When you don't have better players on the line, you need to suck defenses in and allow themselves to get out of position, while we use angle blocking to spring guys. I just don't see anything like that in this offense. It was crazy to watch how Fitch used to execute that wing-t. The center would pull right and leave the nose unblocked. The nose and the whole defensive line would chase the action to the left. Then Fitch would execute the counter, and all of those linemen ran into the Fitch guys waiting for them. All the Fitch linemen had to do was slow them down and the backs would be gone for big gains. Hartman definitely knew how to keep defenses off balance.
There is so much schematically incorrect with this post I don’t know where to start. But the center blocks back on counter. Start there.

I tlooks like they went back to the 3/4. That is not wise. Instead of leaving Robinson matched up with a tackle he would be able to push around and beat to the outside, they have him in a position where they will double team him all day. I alYso wish they ran an offense that has some sort of a wrinkle that will give defenses problems. I watched some old films of Fitch during the Hartman era, and no team could stop the counter out of the wing-t. When you don't have better players on the line, you need to suck defenses in and allow themselves to get out of position, while we use angle blocking to spring guys. I just don't see anything like that in this offense. It was crazy to watch how Fitch used to execute that wing-t. The center would pull right and leave the nose unblocked. The nose and the whole defensive line would chase the action to the left. Then Fitch would execute the counter, and all of those linemen ran into the Fitch guys waiting for them. All the Fitch linemen had to do was slow them down and the backs would be gone for big gains. Hartman definitely knew how to keep defenses off balance.
Per a recent interview with TJ,sounds more like a 4-3. Any details from the Stow scrimmage yesterday?

Per my source, Falcons looked very good at Stow,tho I know the Bulldogs lost a bunch from last season. His outlook for the season is good to really good, depending upon the O line play, which is usually the key. Athletes and playmakers are in abundance once again. Has concern about Senior leadership if they encounter some unexpected issues/problems along the way. Very solid schedule with the 2 unknowns being both out of state schools. Know what to expect from the rest, other than maybe Strongsville.

Curious if anyone heard why Dahn transferred to Fitch? He was a part of a pretty talented junior class for the Irish. Didn't know if he was originally an Austintown kid? Good luck to the falcons this year... they seem to have a strong team.

I was surprised there wasn't a game thread, but I suspect most posts would have been just a series of "good luck Falcons" "no clue about the Nevada team"
Didn't start one because I figured everything would be as you said or from one side and could be kept in here. Foothills I'm told is big and athletic, play hard and physical, with a very pass heavy offense. Were compared to Willoughby south 2010. I know they were in the playoffs last year, with 2 of their losses being blowouts to Bishop Gorman. Huge enrollment difference of course. 1500?

Didn't start one because I figured everything would be as you said or from one side and could be kept in here. Foothills I'm told is big and athletic, play hard and physical, with a very pass heavy offense. Were compared to Willoughby south 2010. I know they were in the playoffs last year, with 2 of their losses being blowouts to Bishop Gorman. Huge enrollment difference of course. 1500?
Also heard they graduated a ton, so maybe we catch them still trying to figure out their team. Size will be an issue up front in most games.

Also heard they graduated a ton, so maybe we catch them still trying to figure out their team. Size will be an issue up front in most games.
I think we will be ok as long as we get consistent pressure. Could be a busy night for the scoreboard operator as I feel we will score plenty. As you know, line play is always the key

I did hear that it's costing Foothill 16 thousand dollars to make the trip to play the Falcons, with Fitch putting up a thousand as well. Awful expensive game IMO.

GO Falcons!

Let's get it!!

Let's GO!!!

I did hear that it's costing Foothill 16 thousand dollars to make the trip to play the Falcons, with Fitch putting up a thousand as well. Awful expensive game IMO.

GO Falcons!

Let's get it!!

Let's GO!!!
Not sure of total cost, but try 8k + on the Falcons part,pee the article earlier this week about schedule issues.

I am watching the Fitch game. I don't know how good this Nevada team is (they have good size and skill according to eye test) but Fitch looks like they could cause some damage this year. They look really good to me.

Drove down to A-town to see the Falcons and was really impressed. Foothills did have some dudes, but we were just too quick and too conditioned. We just wore them down. James and Williams are much more shifty than they have been in the past. They looked great. Both had to have over 100 yards rushing. Vaughn looked great. He ran really well and made some great decisions. He also threw a really great ball. The defense put pressure on their QB all night and stuffed the run. It was a really complete game. There were some rather questionable penalties that if the back judge doesn't call them, this game is even more of a blowout. Parker and company did a great job calling the game. The defense brought it all night and didn't let their QB breathe. He also had this one counter play that he used for big gains and a fifty yard TD. Let's hope we keep it rolling next week.

Drove down to A-town to see the Falcons and was really impressed. Foothills did have some dudes, but we were just too quick and too conditioned. We just wore them down. James and Williams are much more shifty than they have been in the past. They looked great. Both had to have over 100 yards rushing. Vaughn looked great. He ran really well and made some great decisions. He also threw a really great ball. The defense put pressure on their QB all night and stuffed the run. It was a really complete game. There were some rather questionable penalties that if the back judge doesn't call them, this game is even more of a blowout. Parker and company did a great job calling the game. The defense brought it all night and didn't let their QB breathe. He also had this one counter play that he used for big gains and a fifty yard TD. Let's hope we keep it rolling next week.
Cannot wait until they lose and you call for more “wrinkles” and generic arm chair offensive buzz words.

Cannot wait until they lose and you call for more “wrinkles” and generic arm chair offensive buzz words.
I have to give it to Parker and company that they did put some wrinkles in the offense. They ran some conunters and traps that were great. One of those counters went for a 50 yard TD by Williams. They also used a lot of deception with Vaughn. If they keep doing those things that I saw tonight, I won't call for wrinkles in the offense because they were there. As far as Fitch losing, I know who they will have trouble with because the other team is just more talented, but if they continue to operate like they did tonight, they will beat those teams; and you will not read any complaining from me. Like I wrote, "Parker and company did a great job calling the game." If I was making a comment like that, that means that I saw the trickery or some wrinkles I like to see. I like it when the other team's defense bites on the fake and my Falcons go for 50 yards for a TD on a counter. I guess your team lost.

I have to give it to Parker and company that they did put some wrinkles in the offense. They ran some conunters and traps that were great. One of those counters went for a 50 yard TD by Williams. They also used a lot of deception with Vaughn. If they keep doing those things that I saw tonight, I won't call for wrinkles in the offense because they were there. As far as Fitch losing, I know who they will have trouble with because the other team is just more talented, but if they continue to operate like they did tonight, they will beat those teams; and you will not read any complaining from me. Like I wrote, "Parker and company did a great job calling the game." If I was making a comment like that, that means that I saw the trickery or some wrinkles I like to see. I like it when the other team's defense bites on the fake and my Falcons go for 50 yards for a TD on a counter. I guess your team lost.
We won with a running clock.