First State Coach's Poll

The fact Springboro is top 10 and Anderson is looking in from the outside shows what a joke this is. Boro is not good, and Anderson is an easy top 5 team.

If you have seen either team play it's not even close the level of talent between the two. And I'm not an Anderson Fan boy or a panther hater. Just the reality.

If you have seen either team play it's not even close the level of talent between the two. And I'm not an Anderson Fan boy or a panther hater. Just the reality.
I've seen both teams and if I had to pick, I'd rather play Anderson. Boro's style of play may not be as pretty, but it's effective. Anderson is very good, but they aren't even close to top 5 in the state.

I've seen both teams and if I had to pick, I'd rather play Anderson. Boro's style of play may not be as pretty, but it's effective. Anderson is very good, but they aren't even close to top 5 in the state.

Agree to disagree. Springboro is so disconnected when I've seen them. Anderson looked at least as good beating Loveland as West did. But everyone has their own opinion. Just don't tell me Fairfield is good, and I'll respect ya' ;)

I'm surprised Rocky River Magnificat isn't ranked. They beat Toledo Notre Dame 1-0 and Gilmour Academy 1-0.

I'm surprised Rocky River Magnificat isn't ranked. They beat Toledo Notre Dame 1-0 and Gilmour Academy 1-0.
Mags also beat a normally good HB team. I have no idea if they're any good this year.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the early polls. Coaches have a tendency to rank opponents of theirs high so that it reflects well on their own team. It all gets sorted out in the end. Look at West. They're probably rated too highly. They tied with New Albany over the weekend. I'm sure that all of the GMC coaches that voted ranked West highly. Loveland's Coach Ted (he's been unusually quiet this season, BTW) probably also ranked West highly because his team lost to them.

Last edited:
Mags also beat a normally good HB team. I have no idea if they're any good this year.

I wouldn't pay much attention to the early polls. Coaches have a tendency to rank opponents of theirs high so that it reflects well on their own team. It all gets sorted out in the end. Look at West. They're probably rated too highly. They tied with New Albany over the weekend. I'm sure that all of the GMC coaches that voted ranked West highly. Loveland's Coach Ted (he's been unusually quiet this season, BTW) probably also ranked West highly because his team lost to them.
I've been too busy drawing up plays and finding motivational quotes on Pinterest. :rolleyes:

Boro and Monroe will be a force to deal with the next few years. A lot of talent going into those schools.

if this weeks state poll is as HILARIOUS and IDIOTIC as last weeks, it might force me out of radio retirement. PATHETIC. Who TF are the wizards who voted this crap???

Anthony Wayne beat down Strongsville 4-0. They have a very good team and looks to be ready to make a run this year. Wouldn’t surprise me if they are in the final.