Euclid
#50 Kent Roosevelt at #6 Green
#70 Ellet at #13 Jackson
Copley
#68 Lake at #40 Garfield
Elyria
#35 Avon Lake at #16 Hoover
Hoover games starts 8pm due to hosting district wrestling

Perry losing by 1 to end their season is the most Perry thing I've seen all year.

It was kind of fitting they lost by 1 because at the end of the 3rd quarter the refs gave Boardman credit for 3 point shot when the kids foot was on the line. Not even on the line but the tip of his foot was over the line.

Perry losing by 1 to end their season is the most Perry thing I've seen all year.
Once again turnovers and point blank shots missed proved their downfall. Perry got two stops in the last 90 seconds only to miss a 3 foot shot, then two put backs right under the basket! That would have put them up by 2. Then after another stop, they get fouled in the act of shooting, but make only one free throw, putting them up by one. Boardman hits a runner from 6 feet to go up by one. Perry gets the ball out with 5.9 seconds left and one TO left. Boardman fouls at half court with 4.9 left, not sure why. Perry gets a pass to a player at the elbow, who could have turned and drove to the basket, but threw the ball out to a player 3 feet behind the 3 point line, who fires a shot that falls short. SMH
I’m not sure that’s the shot they wanted and personally I would have called my last time out to make sure I had my best shooters on the floor and there were a couple options off whatever play was called.
Maybe there was a play called that wasn’t executed correctly IDK, but it didn’t look right at the end.
Also, let me get this off my chest, I don’t know who does the girls and boys social media posts, but calling the Perry girls season “great” after finishing below .500 and in 6th place is definitely the wrong adjective and after last nights loss to a lower seed team, calling it a “fantastic” season is another miss use of the English language!

Last edited:
Once again turnovers and point blank shots missed proved their downfall. Perry got two stops in the last 90 seconds only to miss a 3 foot shot, then two put backs right under the basket! That would have put them up by 2. Then after another stop, they get fouled in the act of shooting, but make only one free throw, putting them up by one. Boardman hits a runner from 6 feet to go up by one. Perry gets the ball out with 5.9 seconds left and one TO left. Boardman fouls at half court with 4.9 left, not sure why. Perry gets a pass to a player at the elbow, who could have turned and drove to the basket, but threw the ball out to a player 3 feet behind the 3 point line, who fires a shot that falls short. SMH
I’m not sure that’s the shot they wanted and personally I would have called my last time out to make sure I had my best shooters on the floor and there were a couple options off whatever play was called.
Maybe there was a play called that wasn’t executed correctly IDK, but it didn’t look right at the end.
Also, let me get this off my chest, I don’t know who does the girls and boys social media posts, but calling the Perry girls season “great” after finishing below .500 and in 6th place is definitely the wrong adjective and after last nights loss to a lower seed team, calling it a “fantastic” season is another miss use of the English language!
That's a brutal way to end the season. Judging by the number of close games they played in; the Panthers seemed to be at least marginally better than last year. Do you think that Perry has a good chance to turn things around next season?

That's a brutal way to end the season. Judging by the number of close games they played in; the Panthers seemed to be at least marginally better than last year. Do you think that Perry has a good chance to turn things around next season?
I did fail to mention they did not have the services of Darnell McCloud last night who would have contributed some valuable points and defense.
Yes I do. Hopefully they learn from these tough losses at the end of the year. There are several good players on JV that should contribute off the bench next year. Basically they have 5 starters back with Walker, Wolf, Martelli, Wilson and McCloud.

You mean boys basketball team finishing 5-18 and 1-11 in the league.Didn’t see any change this year from last two.

Very surprised Hoover has won 16 games this. At the beginning of the season i thought at most they would win 8 and that was a stretch. Especially being only 1 senior, playing 2 frosh. Had an undefeated JV team and a good freshman team. Hoover could be near the top of the Fed for the next 4-5 years

They also said Perry was “dominating” at the half up 35-33.