Federal League 2023-2024

Hoover has one senior on the roster, an undefeated JV, and the Fed championship at the freshman level with 2 freshman playing on varsity.

Interesting thought. Massillon loses to a terrible Lake team. Glenoak beats the FL Co-Champs, even though shorthanded Green beat McK
with same team, then Glenoak loses to Massillon? Just hard to explain. I believe GO is the 3rd best team in the Fed.
Massillon people will read this and think it means Massillon is the best team in Ohio.

Maybe they are. But in reality there are probably some teams behind them that are better than them and some teams in front of them that they are better than.

Computers are a tool. Not an end-all-be-all.
Not maybe, in the current poll they are. As far computers did I say they were an end-all-be-all? If so, I'd like to see it.

I think Perry has a good chance of winning their Sectional Semifinals matchup against Boardman, will be interesting to see if Lake can upset Brush in their matchup. If Lake can somehow beat Brush, there might be a good chance they advance to the District Semi's because they'd be playing the winner of either Akron Garfield and Painesville (Seeded 40th and 60th, respectively). All told don't see them getting past Brush, but only time will tell.

On another note, Hoover seems to have an easy path to a District Semifinals, but that puts them on a collision course with #2 Seed Brecksville-Broadview Heights, so it seems that's how far they'll go.

McKinley and GlenOak are on a collision course for the District-Semi's, so they basically guarantees at least on Federal League team will reach the District Championship round, all in all should be a good matchup, with the winner most likely playing Louisville in the District Championship.

That leaves Jackson and Green, who find themselves on the opposite ends of the Euclid bracket, which all told is pretty loaded. Jackson and Dover seemed destined to meet in the District Semifinals, while Green and Mentor are on a collision course on the opposite side of the bracket. Mentor led the entire state in PPG (86.2 PPG), but finds themselves lacking on the defensive end. Jackson and Dover find themselves in a similar situation, but this time Dover is the defensive minded team while Jackson has the red-hot offense, averaging 72.8 PPG, good enough for top 5 in Division 1. Unfortunately for both Green and Jackson, making it out of the district would set themselves up with a matchup with St. Ignatius in the Regional Semifinals.

Here are my Federal League Playoff Predictions:

Lake:
Ceiling: District Semifinals | Floor: First-Round Exit
Perry:
Ceiling: Sectional Finals | Floor: First-Round Exit
Hoover:
Ceiling: District Semifinals | Floor: District Semifinals
GlenOak:
Ceiling: Regional Finals | Floor: District Semifinals
McKinley:
Ceiling: Regional Finals | Floor: District Semifinals
Green: