Federal League 2022-23

Lol. Who said they were anything special
I figured a team with 16 wins would be a tough matchup for Green. Your Raiders did crush McKinley a few games ago, and upset a good Lake team in the 2nd round last year. I know WGH has historically been a solid basketball program.

It was a disappointing season for McKinley, Lake and Hoover, though particularly for McKinley considering their high preseason expectations. I have no doubt that at least one of the three will be near the top of the conference next year.

Which of these three teams do you all think is the most likely to bounce back in 2023-24?

I figured a team with 16 wins would be a tough matchup for Green. Your Raiders did crush McKinley a few games ago, and upset a good Lake team in the 2nd round last year. I know WGH has historically been a solid basketball program.
They lost mostly everyone from last year's team. This has been a up and down year for them, even though they did play better in the 2nd half of the year. But nothing was really expected this year

And how did mckinley play nordonia tougher than green?.

Actually the Canton D1 sectional/district/regionals were always at the Canton auditorium. I miss those days.
I do miss the Auditorium...but for local games that included Mckinley it was the Fieldhouse. Games like McKinley with Ramar Morgan against Kosta Koufas and some of the battles with Timken...the Fieldhouse is just a great place to see a game

Green and Jackson should be a good one. Two good coaches and big men leading the way. Fed teams should not face each other until at least this point. I hate the game is Alliance. Should be at the Fieldhouse.

Mck never really changed all year. Their consistent inconsistency kept them down all year.

Fed might still have another team in it if McBride wasn't so clever. :rolleyes:

Gotta hand it to Green. For a long time people wondered if they even belonged in the Fed. But the last 3 or so years or so in football and basketball they have produced quality teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
So let's break down the Fed game of the year - Jackson vs Green:
- Coaching - two experienced winners. Both intense but show it differently. Close but Debevic has reached the top of the mountain so slight edge to Jackson.
- Players - two quality bigs. Woolbert has been better for longer, but Bundalo seems to be emerging this year. Advantage: draw. Otherwise, both teams have developed role players who contribute and always play hard. Both teams will probably try to go inside to the bigs at first to get a couple fouls on the other's big guy. Then play inside out for open guys on the 3 point arc.
- I haven't followed as closely this year, but is Oddo still on Green? I haven't heard as much about him and I thought he had a lot of potential in the past. Is he injured or just underperforming? Or did he graduate last year?
-The venue - this game deserves a better venue. The Fieldhouse or Civic Center would be better. So many memories there. Advantage to neither, sad for the fans.
-The refs - officiating as a whole is worse than ever. Hopefully there are some quality refs available who know how to stay calm in a big match-up and let the kids decide the game.

Your thoughts on the game?