• Green in a close game

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Hoover by 10+

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Hoover in a close game

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great win by Green. As I was leaving I couldn't believe how angry Hoover parents and fans were. It wasn't all the coaches fault. Maybe Green just had a lot more talent. They did what they had to do and showed a lot of improvement from the first game. Green had a better plan and won. I think Green has a good shot to win next week too. I think Hoover could have won next week as well.
Good Luck All
High school football rule #1: It’s always the coach’s fault.

Green's defense held Hoover's offense to a season low in points. Green's defense played terrific. Hoover's inability to pass the ball was going to be a problem against a good defense.
Agreed. If anyone saw Hoover play, you had to know that their playoff life was going to be a shaky one. I only saw 1 Hoover game, but it was obvious that they were going to struggle every week.
I know some on here were continually pimping the Hoover D and run game, but at some time, you have to have the ability to score points, and Hoover struggled to do that with any consistency. Against good teams in the playoffs, you have to have some semblance of a passing game. You can't just line up and run it down people's throats, unless of course, you are a Hoban or Lasalle.
Having said that, coach Baum and the Vikings had a heck of a season.

Congratulations to Green on their victory and to Hoover on their season. That said, time management skills at the end of the 1st half cost Hoover. Hoover's 1st time consuming drive in the 2nd half and coming away with no points was a turning point. Kick the FG and at least get 3 points. Putting the game at the end in the hands of your soph QB was not going to be successful when you barley let him throw the ball all season. Hoover had a great defense but you must be able to throw the ball a little to be successful in the playoffs.

Really not surprised. Green had Hoover slowed in the 2nd half last time. Hoover was too one dimensional and it caught up to them. Truly a big win for their program.
Poor play calling by Hoover...I was there and the people around me were livid..especially no passing until too late, delay of game costing time outs, and punting when time was running out....congrats to Uniontown Green!

Green congratulation on your win and good luck this week. As stated, time management, lack of development, and poor play calling played a role in a Hoover loss. Baum needs to look for a different OC or take over the play-calling and development. It was obvious that the QB was never developed or prepared to play. I give the young man credit for his efforts during the season. Overall Hoover had a good season. Green defeated Hoover, which is all there is to it.

Last edited:
I guess it was an upset after all, beating Hoover at Hoover. Great game. In the end, Green made the Viking soph QB beat them with his arm and he could not. I was told Geis coached a great game, Baum not so much. Green got healthy at the right time and played a great game. You hear a lot about Martin on offense but that kid's a sledge hammer on D. Here's a report:

Green upsets Hoover
Some of the play calling by Hoover offensive coaches was poor like going for it on a 4th and 3 instead of kicking the FG with the best kicker in the state after using almost 8 minutes in that drive. Coach Baum stated he was leary because Green blocked a 50+ yard attempt at the end of the 1st half. Perhaps it would have been a much shorter attempt if time management wouldn't have been botched prior to the attempted FG. Then in the 4th quarter, the Vikings could have won with another FQ rather than having to score a TD.