Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Hoover by 10+

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Hoover in a close game

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

my2sense

Fed League fans: Round 2 for Green v Hoover. What would create a different outcome from last time? Can Green's high powered offense score enough on Hoover's tough defense? Can Green's D get enough stops to get their offense the ball?

Fed League fans: Round 2 for Green v Hoover. What would create a different outcome from last time? Can Green's high powered offense score enough on Hoover's tough defense? Can Green's D get enough stops to get their offense the ball?
"Can Green's D get enough stops to get their offense the ball"....that's what concerns me in this game.

What would create a different outcome from last time?
Bulldogs will need to finish their drives, especially early on. Gotta get out to a lead and make Hoover throw the ball. Green's defense was terrific against Hoover the first time, but was on the field way too long. Martin and Simmer both being healthy will help.

Green has a shot, but it's going to take the best game of the year on both sides of the ball.

Bulldogs will need to finish their drives, especially early on. Gotta get out to a lead and make Hoover throw the ball. Green's defense was terrific against Hoover the first time, but was on the field way too long. Martin and Simmer both being healthy will help.

Green has a shot, but it's going to take the best game of the year on both sides of the ball.
What position(s) do Simmer and Martin play?

Hoover is stout upfront but they will have to score 21 to win this one.Green,as everyone knows is very talented at QB and Rec. and are healthier than in the last meeting.This one could go down to the last possession…2 really solid experienced ball teams. Should be a good one.

I've learned that Hoovers win the first time was a fluke. Line is currently Green -21

Back when Hertler was coaching and the passing game was subpar he would use a little trickery or wrinkle when a big play was needed. It’ll be interesting to see if Baum does the same.

Anyone remember basketball season back in 2019, when Green got beat bad at home against Jackson at the end of the regular season, then they played again in the district finals a few weeks later and Green won? Dawgs just weren't ready the first time, but got the job done later on. Hopefully the same thing happens again here. Martin and Simmer were freshmen benchwarmers for that team, so they would remember.

The way this Green team plays, not the biggest, but fundamentally sound, fast, and with a habit of capitalizing when the other team makes a mistake reminds me of that team.

Martin was not a bench warmer... he was a defensive contributor to that team. I get your point though.

Maybe I'm missing something but Hoover's defense has been pretty stout the last few weeks. I don't see that changing.

That's what your guy #82 is saying. Hoovers defense had nothing to do with shutting down Green (guess my eyes lied to me).
Let me go ahead and repeat myself for the 3rd time now so maybe you will read this nice and slow and understand it.
This is a quote from Green’s HC after the regular season game.
“That was frustrating offensively the entire game,” Geis said. “It seemed like every time we got something going we’d shoot ourselves in the foot with a turnover or a negative play. Kind of unlike us this season.”

Was big Martin 100% the first time around? Seems they got him involved in different ways this past week offensively compared to playing Hoover the first time, like the rushing TD in the red zone. IMO, green will need to mix in a few wrinkles to get him involved, especially in the short field.

Here's another quote from Green HC Geis on the Hoover defense:

That’s a talented group,” Green head coach Mark Geis said. “I think Shimek might be one of the better defensive ends I’ve seen in a while. He’s phenomenal.”

Obviously, Hoover's defense is the key to them winning. Their offense is just not going to overwhelm anybody. The development of the passing game has never occurred throughout the regular season, so I don't see this changing now. It's week 12 and hopefully, Hoover OC can get it together. It seems that he is struggling with the play calling, forcing them to use unnecessary timeouts, and players at times seem confused. I think this game will be closer than the previous one. If Hoover moves on to play Massillon, I don’t see them winning, but I believe they will play them tough. Beating Green this week is the only thing that matters right now. Hoover 21 Green 14.

Last edited:
Sponsored by our friends at Van Nostran Young & Associates

Big Time Sports is your home for HS? playoffs!

Watch Hoover vs. Worthington Kilbourne

That Vikings defense ?

?Joe Dunn & Troy Richardson

iCRYO Canton POTG: Carson Dyrlund