Fear Inoculum .... the biggest thing ever.... Countdown!

22 Days

. Prying
. Open
. My
. Third Eye

10,011 Days

Immunity long overdue
Contagion I exhale you
Lying I opened up to you
Venom in mania

Now, contagion I exhale you

The deceiver he says you belong to me
You don’t want to breathe the light of the others
Fear the light
Fear the breathe
Fear the others for eternity
But I hear them now inhale the clarity
Hear the venom, the venom in what you say — inoculated
Bless this immunity
Bless this immunity
Bless this immunity

Exhale, expel

Recast my tale
Weave my allegorical elegy

Enumerate
All that I’m to do
Calculating steps away from you
My own mitosis
Growing through delusion from mania

Recast my tale with my allegorical elegy

Forfeit all control
You poison
You spectacle

Exorcise the spectacle
Exorcise the malady
Exorcise the disparate

Poison for eternity
Purge me and evacuate
The venom and the fear that binds me

Unveil now
Lift away
I see you running
Deceiver chased away
A long time coming

Never thought I'd see Tool trending on YouTube

Not sure what to think. Kind of feels a little disjointed, like Reflection, Schism, and Jambi had a baby. Maybe it's due to Maynard having recorded the vocals a long time before the music was finished.

Drumming is top notch as always.

Not loving it yet.... sounds like Puscifer with Tool in the background... I hope Maynard did not destroy Tool like he did with APC.

21 Days

And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber.
And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself.
And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own Midwest.
And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil.
One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then

And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?"

And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!
You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust."

And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared,
"Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you!
Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!"

Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah? Thank you Jesus

This is necessary
This is necessary
Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on...

This is necessary
This is necessary
Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life...

This is necessary
This is necessary
Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on...

This is necessary
This is necessary
Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life!

It was daylight when you woke up in your ditch. You looked up at your sky then.
That made blue be your color. You had your knife there with you too.
When you stood up there was goo all over your clothes. Your hands were sticky.
You wiped them on your grass, so now your color was green.
Oh Lord, why did everything always have to keep changing like this?

You were already getting nervous again. Your head hurt and it rang when you stood up.
Your head was almost empty. It always hurt you when you woke up like this.
You crawled up out of your ditch onto your gravel road and began to walk, waiting for the rest of your mind to come back to you.
You can see the car parked far down the road and you walked toward it.
"If God is our Father," you thought, "then Satan must be our cousin."
Why didn't anyone else understand these important things?

You got to your car and tried all the doors. They were locked.
It was a red car and it was new. There was an expensive leather camera case laying on the seat.
Out across your field, you could see two tiny people walking by your woods. You began to walk towards them.
Now red was your color and, of course, those little people out there were yours too

20 Days

Think for yourself
Question authority
Think for yourself
Question authority
Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening,
terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in
this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the
religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by
giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their
view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and
learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness;
chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.
Think for yourself.
Question authority.
Think for yourself
Question authority

----------------------------------

Shrouding all the ground around me
Is this holy crow above me.
Black as holes within a memory
And blue as our new second sun.
I stick my hand into the shadow
To pull the pieces from the sand.
Which I attempt to reassemble
To see just who I might have been.
I do not recognize the vessel,
But the eyes seem so familiar.
Like phosphorescent desert buttons
Singing one familiar song...

15 Days

All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

So, what we do is, we write a song, and a song - just like when you hear a song you like - it has something it does to you. It has a certain feeling, emotion, color or just something about it that appeals to you, overall. We write a group of songs, and put that group together. That collective of songs now has a feeling, emotion, or color. So, from that point, we go "Ohh, this is what i'm kinda feeling for album artwork, or packaging, or that thing we were doing." And, when we do the video, and it's the same thing - "This is what we're feeling from it." What I do is dumb it down, so that you don't HAVE TO get it, but there's things in there that you WILL get that we're exploring. That's what i was talking about: getting into sacred geometry and different kind of metaphysical and mystic things that we have in common, you know? Sacred geometry is an ancient study of life, how life works and what we have in common. Long ago, in the dark ages, they had this stuff down, because you can break this stuff down to its simplest form. That's what the Fibonacci is, and how things grow, how we're all related in some way, and we all feel stuff in the same way even though we have different tastes and different perspectives, and we like this band or don't like this band or hate these kind of people - whatever you're into. So, with the math, we tried pulling that stuff in too, because we found it's another way of communication. It's something where you may get it because we have this thing in common and these theories of science within the band… You may get it but not know you get it, because it's that same… I'm not going there, I'm not going there, stop me - I could talk about this for hours! But there's that aspect. And then, there's the aspect, too, of the inside joke, that we go "hee hee hee" and you guys like but we know what it really means, and it's not serious, and it's just that fun thing. So, all I say is don't read too much into it: "DUUDE, i got really high and i played it backwards to the sound of music. That's how you did it, right?" Noooo, that's just not there. It's kind of a selfish process. I have to like it. I don't give a what you think THEN! But, I REALLY like portrait painting, and turn of the century portrait painting is my favorite, and i'm the guy who goes to the museum and starts to cry. See, John Singer Sargent and some of these painters at the turn of the century, that's all they did - it was their trade - they got up in the morning, they painted, they ate lunch, they painted, they ate dinner, they painted, and then they went and got wasted or chased boys… read about it. But what I'm saying is I like things that people ripped their guts out to do. If you guys do anything artistic, or do anything technical, or your jobs - what's wrong with chewing glass and bleeding for what you do, you know? Instead of just going to work and going "yeah, yeah" and just going home. I think that's why the things that I have done have been successful, because I didn't trust my brain. I trust my heart.
Show less

Adam Jones