Favorite high school basketball venue

Irish60

With the season winding down, I was wondering what are your favorite venues for high school basketball. Which are the toughest places to play? Which give the home team the best home court advantage? For me, I like the older gyms. The ones with some history. I'll leave it to the Canton folks to wax poetically about the Fieldhouse, but for my money, that's the best facility in the State. I enjoy how they highlight the past teams and players.

Canton Memorial Fieldhouse no question about it! I always enjoy watching a game down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like when Athens plays at the convocation center. Biggest home court is Vincent Warren. Tiny gym, stands are very close to the out of bounds line, always hot, and the lights are dim. My favorite gym is Wellston.

Most of you will be unfamiliar with this place, but Struthers Fieldhouse has a real "Hoosiers" feel to it. I love the atmosphere in that place. They used to host a Div I district. They now host a D4 district

Most of you will be unfamiliar with this place, but Struthers Fieldhouse has a real "Hoosiers" feel to it. I love the atmosphere in that place. They used to host a Div I district. They now host a D4 district

Loved when MOGADORE got to play there in tournament. Wish they still did! A great place, after the Canton Fieldhouse my favorite! And got to eat at The Elmton restaurant too!!

Struthers is awesome. McDonald has been in that district for a long time now (sans 12 and 13) and have had a lot of fun playing there. A good district championship matchup and the atmosphere at Struthers is amazing. Just wish they'd update the scoreboard with ones that show each players points and fouls.

We're fortunate to not only have Struthers for the district, then canton fieldhouse for the regional. Which is imo the best place to play, just feels special at the canton fieldhouse

The Struthers Fieldhouse and Canton Fieldhouse great places to watch and play. I will date myself with this but, still remember first time I went to tournament games at both these Fieldhouses in 1958. I thought these gyms are huge. Still love going to see game at both. The atmosphere just screams playoffs.

The Canton Memorial Field House. If you've never been there, get there early (after a fish dinner at Tim's Tavern of course) and just enjoy all the history on the walls out in the hallways.

Two oldies but goodies....wish they were both still in use

Anderson Arena, Bowling Green St U

and of course

St John Arena

Nice venues in Ohio that play high school basketball games are Cleveland Heights, Newark, Trent arena, East High in Columbus, Africentric, Thomas Worthington, Pick Central and North, Olentangy, and Mifflin high school. Now for the College courts that have high school basketball are Toledo, Cleveland State, Wright St., OU(the Convo is the best), Nationwide in Columbus, St. John arena, Otterbein, and ODU.

Two oldies but goodies....wish they were both still in use

Anderson Arena, Bowling Green St U

Anderson was such a great high school arena, they knocked it down and replaced it with a high school arena, without flavor. They went from The House That Roars to the mouse that snores.

I never saw a game, only watch that pre-football program there once. What a great place to see a game that must be. I do not understand the new place at all. What a dump with seating no-doubt mathematically determined to place the fan on average as far from the center court as possible.

I do like the Shot as well. Not only because I'm a Buckeye fan but because you have had a really good season if your playing there.