Fast Kid in GWOC?

There is no one faster than Shawn Ankeney at Wayne.

THAT is who I am thinking about. Thank you! I don't think Shawn is the second baseman though. Right? I think he is the number 2 hitter in your lineup if I remember correctly. Very good speed.

21 of Shawn's hits have been infield hits. That should give you an idea of just how fast he is! Coming from the left side of the plate makes him even faster to 1B.

I won't make a claim of being fastest in the GWOC, but Northmont's Grilliot (sr)and Reaman (soph) both run very well.

I won't make a claim of being fastest in the GWOC, but Northmont's Grilliot (sr)and Reaman (soph) both run very well.

Maybe, but when I saw them play they had a guy in the outfield that looked like he could smoke both of them...not sure of his name though.

Maybe, but when I saw them play they had a guy in the outfield that looked like he could smoke both of them...not sure of his name though.

ur prollt thinkin of chase belton or jeremy white...both are fast, belton the QB for the football team and ran like a 6.7 in the 60 last year

If Jake Vransic (sp.) were there it would be no question, the fastest player in the GWOC would be at Northmont. Since he got cut from baseball, is he running track? Frosty said he is the best athlete he has ever seen, so he should win any GWOC track event he enters, no? Would have been a bona fide scholarship football player also, but he put his eggs in one basket. Too bad. 5'9 195 and spreading, I would offer him a D-I scholly for sure; I'll bet he runs 7-flat or better in the base race. Flying!

If Jake Vransic (sp.) were there it would be no question, the fastest player in the GWOC would be at Northmont. Since he got cut from baseball, is he running track? Frosty said he is the best athlete he has ever seen, so he should win any GWOC track event he enters, no? Would have been a bona fide scholarship football player also, but he put his eggs in one basket. Too bad. 5'9 195 and spreading, I would offer him a D-I scholly for sure; I'll bet he runs 7-flat or better in the base race. Flying!

ok i went to northmont and know the baseball program well and jake vransic is not fast at all... idk who u r but vransic is no where close to the best athlete he has ever seen. and if he did track he would not do any running events and i dont think he plays football either. i have nothin against jake but he is not one of the greatest athletes ever seen, he aint even in top 50 in northmont the last 2 years. i was suprised to see him get cut this year cuz he is a good baseball player, u jus took it too far with saying that

I think that was a tongue in cheek comment. I know of no one that would say that He is a great athlete and certainly not fast. I am almost certain that was a joke.

Actually, it may have been Grilliot. I saw that he has a recorded 60 time of 6.5 and that's just smokin'.

Watched Grilliot last night. This kid is FAST. I haven't seen anyone in the GWOC faster than this kid. The track coach at Northmont has GOT to be PO'd. :)

Considering Northmont's track coach was also Grilliot's position coach in football, I doubt he is PO'ed. Plus, Northmont has Mark Mays in the 100 and 200, who could win the state in both events, and their 4X100, 4X200, and 4X400 have some of the best times this season, I think they have plenty of sprinters.

Grilliot does have good speed, but he is not one of the fastest kids at Northmont.

Is there anyone quicker on the basebal team? With those numbers he's got to be one of the quickest on a ball diamond.

His time to second and third is very quick. He stretched a single into a double and a double into a triple last night against Lebanon. CF at N'Mont is only 360 so it wasn't like it was hit 400 feet.

Chase Belton is faster, but Jordan can hold his own. They both played football for the Bolts, so they have to be fast to get on the field.

From a baseball standpoint and all that goes with baserunning and playing outfield, Grilliot is a lot quicker than Belton. In a straight line race, I wouldn't put money on either one because I think it would be a toss up.

In a straight line race, Belton wins based on their 40 times before football season. Belton was the third fastest player on the team, Grilliot was in the top 20.

Baseball speed your probably right, but that phrase seems a tad oxymoronic.