Farthest travel this year.

underthelights

Going through looking for week one games to watch I saw that Colonel Crawford is playing River in the season opener. That’s a 200 mile trip that my gpa says is 3.5 hours. This is a wild trip, especially for such a small school. Obviously, Massillon is playing Valdosta, but other than the out of state challengers, what are some of the longest trips teams will take this season pre playoffs?

SVSM, per usual it seems like, has two monster road trips this season.
Week 3 at Huber Heights Wayne (Dayton) and Canal Winchester Harvest Prep (Columbus).

Going through looking for week one games to watch I saw that Colonel Crawford is playing River in the season opener. That’s a 200 mile trip that my gpa says is 3.5 hours. This is a wild trip, especially for such a small school. Obviously, Massillon is playing Valdosta, but other than the out of state challengers, what are some of the longest trips teams will take this season pre playoffs?

Just no good way from North Robinson to Hannibal.

SVSM, per usual it seems like, has two monster road trips this season.
Week 3 at Huber Heights Wayne (Dayton) and Canal Winchester Harvest Prep (Columbus).
I admittedly don’t know much about SVSM football. I guess they had a pretty good football/basketball player quit after his Jr. year back in the early 2000’s. How well do they travel? Do they charter a bus or take a regular school bus?

I’d actually be interested to know the travel accommodations for these schools traveling that long as well. 3+ hours on a school bus and then getting off to play a game seems like a lot.

Cincinnati Dohn Community to Youngstown East ( Rayen Stadium)
278 miles. 4 hour and 8 minutes per Google maps

In week 9 of 2001, Warren G. Harding made a 277-mile trip to Cincinnati Elder and sold out The Pit. Here's some views of the Warren side...

FB_IMG_1692275476109.jpg

The next year, Harding & Elder played the 2002 D1 state championship game in front of 20,328 screaming fans in a blizzard. It still stands as the 5th highest attended state title game in OHSAA history and the most ever for one played at Fawcett. The roads were so bad, it took us 3 hours to get back to Warren from Canton. I can't imagine what the Panthers' trip back to Cincinnati was like, but I'm sure that it was a happy one.

FB_IMG_1692275754569.jpg

GCL-South travels…

Moeller makes visits to
-Indy (Center Grove HS)
-Detroit (MLK HS)
-Lakewood (St Ed)

St X makes visits to
-Detroit (MLK HS)
-Chattanooga (McCallie School
-Cleveland (St I)

La Salle makes visits to
-Louisville (Central)
-Detroit (Catholic HS)

Elder makes visits to
-Louisville (St X)
-Indy (Chatard)

3.5 GPA, not bad.

GCL-South travels…

Moeller makes visits to
-Indy (Center Grove HS)
-Detroit (MLK HS)
-Lakewood (St Ed)

St X makes visits to
-Detroit (MLK HS)
-Chattanooga (McCallie School
-Cleveland (St I)

La Salle makes visits to
-Louisville (Central)
-Detroit (Catholic HS)

Elder makes visits to
-Louisville (St X)
-Indy (Chatard)
I wonder what the longest drives a GCL opponent has coming to Cincinnati. Elder has a team out of Philly and one out of Richmond, Virginia this year.

X has teams from Florida and Louisville coming.

Moeller has teams from Fort Wayne, Indy, and Cleveland coming.

LaSalle has a team from Buffalo and Indy.

In week 9 of 2001, Warren G. Harding made a 277-mile trip to Cincinnati Elder and sold out The Pit. Here's some views of the Warren side...

View attachment 44917

The next year, Harding & Elder played the 2002 D1 state championship game in front of 20,328 screaming fans in a blizzard. It still stands as the 5th highest attended state title game in OHSAA history and the most ever for one played at Fawcett. The roads were so bad, it took us 3 hours to get back to Warren from Canton. I can't imagine what the Panthers' trip back to Cincinnati was like, but I'm sure that it was a happy one.

View attachment 44919
Elder made that same drive in 2000 to Warren.

Finneytown traveling almost 3 hours (187 miles) for a week one matching at Attica, Indiana southwest of Lafayette near the Illinois border

View attachment 44917

View attachment 44919
Two games I will remember fondly for the rest of my life.

View attachment 44917

View attachment 44919
I remember the trip back to my hotel after the game was only about 4 miles, but it was quite the adventure.