18. Iowa State
19. Boise State
20. Iowa
21. USC
22. North Carolina
23. Texas
24. Appalachian State
25. Baylor

Their defense should be pretty damn good. Their offense is pretty young, According to 247's projected depth chart the offense is expected to be majority sophomores.

Barring starting QB injuries, the top 4-5 in the rankings will likely be there at the end. Ohio State and Clemson should roll to playoff spots by playing in very weak conferences. It's inherently unfair for Georgia, Bama, LSU, Florida, Auburn and Texas A&M to have to play legit competition week in and week out in the SEC.

Kind of surprised that Tennessee didn't crack the top 25. They won 6 of their last 7 and return almost everybody. If not for laying an egg the first two weeks, they're a 10 win team last season.

The more I look at the SEC West the more I think it is totally wide open. LSU will have a huge dropoff especially based on the coaches who left and who took over. If I were LSU I wouldnt pay Ed O or resign him. That has bad contract written all over it.

Alabama, who knows how good they will be. Would think this would be a weaker than normal Bama but the West isnt the best. Will losing Scott Cochran be as big of a deal as some say?

Auburn loses a ton on defense and will Nix be any better? My guess is they finish 3rd or 4th in the west

A&M returns quite a bit but they have a ton of holes mainly o line. Might be another year or two before the Jimbo recruits complete the roster. However they have a lighter schedule than last year since they dont play Clemson and Georgia. Weak OOC and the first real test will be Auburn week 7. If they win that they could be (fools gold) ranked top 5 heading into the last two weeks where they play Bama and then LSU.

And barely beating Indiana in a bowl game they would have lost if not for some terrible game decisions by the Indiana coaches.

Agreed, but Tennessee played that game a little short handed and I think Indiana was a decent team. I thought from the jump that was going to be a close game with the two being pretty even.

I'm not sold on FL. They lose their top RB and top 2 WRs. 5 of their top 7 pass catchers are gone. Their top returning RB averaged 4 carries a game. They lose all but 1 starter on their defensive line, a MLB, and half their starting DBs. On the flip side theyre returning all but one OL, a good QB and their TE who was their #1 pass catcher next year.

I still think UGA gets them in the east. Bama beats whoever makes it to the SECCG though.

I’m guessing JT Daniels will go to Michigan or LSU. Be funny if Michigan gets a QB transfer and wins the natty off of OSU paying off the NCAA to not have transfers sit anymore

I’m guessing JT Daniels will go to Michigan or LSU. Be funny if Michigan gets a QB transfer and wins the natty off of OSU paying off the NCAA to not have transfers sit anymore
They need a lot more than a QB who doesn’t think he can compete with Kedon Slovis to beat the Buckeyes.