Entrance Songs for Wrestlers

McClearn7

Here’s a few suggestions for entrance songs for wrestlers. I’ll include Youtube links to the songs.

I remember Spencer Lee coming onto the mat with the Pokemon theme playing in the background before he won his first title in Cleveland a couple of seasons ago. I loved the choice, because it was kind of goofy, and it broke the tension of the moment.

Please feel free to include your own suggestions. Or let us know which song you would use as an entrance song.

-David Taylor- Magic Man (Heart)

This is a pretty obvious one to start off with. Taylor’s nickname has been The Magic Man for a while, so this seems and appropriate entrance song.

-Ben Askren- Rubberband Man (The Spinners)

Askren is considered the Godfather of Funk. He was one of the floppiest and most flexible wrestlers in his day, so I figured that a funky song would be apropos. This was also the entrance song for the Guardians of the Galaxy in Avengers Infinity War.

-Helen Maroulis- The Rains of Castamere (Game of Thrones)

Maroulis earned the nickname The Queen Slayer after defeating 16-time world champion Saori Yoshida to win an Olympic gold medal in 2016. The nickname is a reference to the character Jaime Lannister from Game of Thrones, nicknamed The King Slayer. The song of house Lannister is The Rains of Castamere.

-J’Den Cox- The National Anthem (J’Den Cox)

For those of you who don’t know, this cat can sing as well as wrestle. He could enter to any song, as long as he sings it. However, I thought that it was really cool when he sung the national anthem before the NCAA finals and then went out and claimed his 3rd national title during his senior season.

-Kollin Moore- More, More, More (Andrea True Connection)

I like this one because it’s absurd. I always wanted to see some title fighter coming out to something absurd or soft like Dancing Queen by Abba.

-Kyle Snyder- America Yeah (Team America)

Disclaimer: Don’t click on this link if you area offended by profanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uPoDNEn3I0

Snyder has had the nickname Captain America for a while, so you could go with the theme song from that movie, but I decided to go with something a bit more energized as an entrance song.

-Tom Brands- Don’t Blink (Kenny Chesney)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8cPJJdOt2k

I don’t know this song, but I figured that there had to be a song called Don’t Blink, so I searched it and was not disappointed. This suits the Iowa head coach perfectly, who rumor has it, has not blinked since the Clinton Administration. I thought about using Psycho Killer by the Talking Heads due to Brand’s rocking back and forth in his chair while coaching (paired with the not blinking), but that seemed mean spirited.

-Jordan Burroughs- Gold Digger (Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEXJjkH9vao

I thought about having a song from Rocky IV since Burroughs had beaten so many Russians in his time. Then I remembered that Burrough’s Twitter handle is All I See is Gold, so I liked the idea of Gold Digger as an entrance song. I included the clean version of the song.

-Max Pearce

J’Dens song always gets me choked up.
My second is Eminem Loose yourself.
I’ve been told that Queen’s song we are the champions is more of a baled and not a song “cruiser!” LOL

I suspect many of you guys on here are about my age......late 40s/early 50s. I am proud to say that my son and another boy on our wrestling team took a liking to some classic 80s Beastie Boys and came out this past season to "No Sleep till Brooklyn" and "Brass Monkey"!!!