Ellet position open?!?!?

So Ellets’ elite decided not to retain Hazzard?!? After the season he had with a mediocre team?!?!? Not to mention he was blatantly robbed of coach of the year! WTF is going on over there at Ellet? Do they not want to win, they’re ok with being subpar?

I get it, Haz and Smith are in your face coaches, no nonsense! But with the youth of today in this society, you need coaches like those 2!! I guarantee any other school would welcome Haz with open arms!! Maybe I’m out of the loop and I’m missing something, so those with more knowledge of Ellet than I, please help me understand!

If this is true, it's a sad day for Ellet. My guess is Hazard won't be looking for another coaching job for long.

If this is true, it's a sad day for Ellet. My guess is Hazard won't be looking for another coaching job for long.
It’s definitely true! I’ve attached the job position from APS website

Attachments

• FECBABB3-75D0-4AD7-8366-D19D701A86E8.png
    FECBABB3-75D0-4AD7-8366-D19D701A86E8.png
    589.6 KB · Views: 35
Very surprising. I've always thought Ellet had a solid basketball program. They've played Green and other Federal League teams for years and held their own. Didn't they just win the City Series this year? Who fires a coach after they win the league?

Very surprising. I've always thought Ellet had a solid basketball program. They've played Green and other Federal League teams for years and held their own. Didn't they just win the City Series this year? Who fires a coach after they win the league?
Their previous coach, Fisher wanted to coach the first game in the new gym before resigning, so Hazard was given an interim title for this past season.

Perhaps the posting is merely a formality? But it does make sense for the job to open up considering they never actually interviewed anyone following Fisher's (technically) mid-season resignation.

I would hope Hazard is the front-runner regardless.

Their previous coach, Fisher wanted to coach the first game in the new gym before resigning, so Hazard was given an interim title for this past season.

Perhaps the posting is merely a formality? But it does make sense for the job to open up considering they never actually interviewed anyone following Fisher's (technically) mid-season resignation.

I would hope Hazard is the front-runner regardless.
If this is true, this is the ultimate in hubris. To risk losing a successful coach because of some selfish desire to "coach the first game in the new gym" is just that, selfish. And if the school would go along with this plan, then that is just plain idiocy and it is insulting to Coach Hazard. If they would treat him like this then he should walk.

If this is true, this is the ultimate in hubris. To risk losing a successful coach because of some selfish desire to "coach the first game in the new gym" is just that, selfish. And if the school would go along with this plan, then that is just plain idiocy and it is insulting to Coach Hazard. If they would treat him like this then he should walk.
That's not what they're doing. That's what they already did last year.

This past season was Hazard's first in charge of the Orangmen as he took over for a retiring Mark Fisher.

That's why I'm questioning if the job was simply posted as a formality before removing Hazard's interim title, or if they are actually looking for outside candidates.

Relax people, the posting is just a formality.
APS is required by the teachers union to post it.
Fisher never coached a game in the new gym, he resigned just prior to the start of the season. We in Ellet fully expect coach Hazard to be rightfully retained with big things on the horizon for Ellet hoops.
Stay tuned!

Relax people, the posting is just a formality.
APS is required by the teachers union to post it.
Fisher never coached a game in the new gym, he resigned just prior to the start of the season. We in Ellet fully expect coach Hazard to be rightfully retained with big things on the horizon for Ellet hoops.
Stay tuned!
That's what I had assumed was happening.

And maybe he wasn't actually coaching anymore, but he at least stayed on the bench for the first game in the gym as a figurehead. His resignation wasn't announced until Dec. 3.

That's what I had assumed was happening.

And maybe he wasn't actually coaching anymore, but he at least stayed on the bench for the first game in the gym as a figurehead. His resignation wasn't announced until Dec. 3.
Fisher's resignation was made public Dec.3
but parents and players were told at the preseason parent meeting.
Mark is a good dude and he doesnt want anyone other than Hazard getting the job, he's made that clear.
While we believe Haz will be back you can never trust the APS process. They usually find a way to screw things up.

Fisher's resignation was made public Dec.3
but parents and players were told at the preseason parent meeting.
Mark is a good dude and he doesnt want anyone other than Hazard getting the job, he's made that clear.
While we believe Haz will be back you can never trust the APS process. They usually find a way to screw things up.
I figured as much regarding the public announcement of the resignation.

As far as the bolded, the same can be said for many districts.

Many great assistants have been screwed over the years.

I heard Ellet is hiring Malinowski or Blasdale

Actually its going to be worse!
Haz is not being brought back, the principal didnt want him back.
Back to the dark ages for Ellet hoops. What a shame. Mark Fisher did a nice job building that program and Haz has been there 7 years, now it will be all gone.

That is truly a shame. Ellet had been building something good there over the last several years. I know nothing of the people being talked about as possible hires, but if Hazard is truly gone, it will be a step backwards for the program; if for no other reason than the impact it will have on the players.

Blasdale busting out of the sawdust with his Orange dress jacket or is it Malinowski with his tie sweatshirt?

Sounds like the decision was Chad's and not APS or Ellet administration. Hazard pulled his name before the interview process.
Wonder if it has anything to do with the East job opening up.
Too bad for Ellet...and Chad.
Maybe Hazard taking his talents to Berlin or Newcombetstown?

Ellet finally announced on twitter that Hazard will not be returning, and they are close to concluding their search.

I heard Hazard dropped out in the middle of the process. Wonder where he's heading.

Unless something happened that posters on here are unaware of, it seems odd that Hazard wouldn't have gotten the nod at Ellet following what, from an outsider's point of view, was a successful season. Assuming the above post is true, Noftz is probably the coaching hire in the City with the best career accolades this century.

Perhaps Hazard's return to East will help the Dragons get back to the success they had during his time as an assistant.

What has Noftz done except a few good years in western Ohio 30? years ago? College assistant - so what. Canton McKinley - average run at best.
N. Allegheny - basically a failure then quit. Never met the guy but for some reason he keeps getting great opportunities.

What has Noftz done except a few good years in western Ohio 30? years ago? College assistant - so what. Canton McKinley - average run at best.
N. Allegheny - basically a failure then quit. Never met the guy but for some reason he keeps getting great opportunities.

Valid points but like any coach he has to have talent to win.
He is 64 years old so i dont expect him around to long. My hope is that he can keep Ellet respectable until he decides to move on. If nothing else the guy has experience and knowledge of the game.
Ellet had a pretty good freshman class last year so he has something to work with.

Everyone I talk to is banking on him putting a good staff together given his connections in the area. Maybe he brings the next hot young coach on board to hand the reigns to.

Bottom line is, since the principal wasnt smart enough to bring Hazard back, Noftz may be the next best thing. Especially true for a school with a history of hiring paid babysitters rather than anybody with a winning pedigree.