Mansfield Madison 6, Oak Harbor 0
Granville 3, Norwayne 1
Alter 2, Monroe 1

DIVISION THREE=

Kirtland 3, Independence 0
Liberty Benton 2, Archbold 1
Columbus Academy 2, Rosecrans 1
Cincinnati Country day 4, Mariemont 0

Mc Super does seem to have some smarts going for them...

2019 Head to Head LW 2 - L 1

Loveland has already turned a 0-1 loss to Mason into a 1-0 tourney win.

Common Opponents:

LW 30-6 in goals, 5-0-1
L 25-3 in goals, 6-1-0

Loveland has given up 50% less goals this year.

Pretty good chance they will turn the season opening loss around.

West really pushes the offense and is susceptible to the break away. They count on their great goalie to make the saves. I am going to the game on Saturday and will be interested to see if the there are any coaching adjustments

Mc Super does seem to have some smarts going for them...

2019 Head to Head LW 2 - L 1

Loveland has already turned a 0-1 loss to Mason into a 1-0 tourney win.

Common Opponents:

LW 30-6 in goals, 5-0-1
L 25-3 in goals, 6-1-0

Loveland has given up 50% less goals this year.

Pretty good chance they will turn the season opening loss around.
Great analysis, love stats comparisons! A few missing pieces here though that keep it from telling the whole story, here's some more to consider:
  • LW's starting keeper (MP) didn't play in the LW/Kings or LW/Sycamore games, so she and LL's starting keeper (ED) actually both gave up 3 goals each in those common opponent games, with LW scoring more goals.
  • MP has played in 2 less games than ED but has nearly twice as many saves (60 to 32).
  • In those common opponents games (if you even the playing field to regular season, since one of those LL wins is the post season Mason rematch then its actually LW 5-0-1 and LL 5-1-0 and 30 LW goals to 24 LL goals), KD scored 15 of those 30 goals and played less than half the game in most of them.
  • ED was not in goal for the head to head loss to LW.
Going to be a great game, LL coming in pretty confident after taking down BC, but MP is also much more experienced and skilled than BC's keeper, so they can't rely on those corners. Strategic hire for LL in Donovan to secure a transfer from his daughter, I would say the nod to the amount of talent swings to LL, but the quality of individual talent still leans to LW. But there will be a pretty large group of girls across both sides tonight that played together at the highest level in club for years, if the refs call a fair and safe game this should be one any lover of the game should see tonight. Not even sure I'm going to take a guess at the winner, just going to watch it!

Also probably goes without saying...but assuming all eyes will be on Strongsville player count in what should also be a great rematch with Anthony Wayne. Not gonna lie, still think they should have been sanctioned and don't think they deserve to be in the post season this year, just my opinion (which counts for nothing of course) but that coach has gotten away with that one too many times and I don't that "just happens" for 6 min in a state semifinal game, still firmly believe it shouldn't have been just the refs that were sanctioned for that. Seeing them back at state after getting away with that...ugh.

Strategic was the wrong word. Smart might be better, can't argue she's been a gamechanger this season, or the fact that they chose private school when he wasn't coaching there? Just a little eyebrow raising truth to the season, but too tongue in cheek perhaps, I apologize.

Strategic was the wrong word. Smart might be better, can't argue she's been a gamechanger this season, or the fact that they chose private school when he wasn't coaching there? Just a little eyebrow raising truth to the season, but too tongue in cheek perhaps, I apologize.
He has been involved with Loveland’s program for over 10 years, officially on staff for at least the last 5. Helps to have facts before getting the eyebrows involved. :)

Didn't make it to the game, but apparently West was able to shut down KA (#25) ? I think she is one of the most underrated players around. Blazing fast and had a cracker of a left-footed goal against Mason.
Yes #25 Andrews was matched up against West’s speedy left back that could match her quickness which limited the number of dangerous crosses when she received the ball. West did a nice job preventing easy passes to Andrews from midfield, West also did a great job defending corners and the long throw in by #9. West won the majority of headers and you can tell was very familiar with Loveland’s strategy. Loveland created plenty of chances however and certainly was not dominated in this game as they are talented from end to end and especially at keeper. KD had a few shots on goal that were saved by Loveland’s keeper - she really kept Loveland in the game until the last minute where KD put the second one away to go up 2-0. Up to that point however Loveland could have pulled even for much of the game and was never out of it.

Going back to the Beavercreek v Loveland game #25 Andrews beat their left back until Creek made an adjustment which stopped those crosses but by that time Loveland had scored 3 goals. Game planning early against someone’s top player is such a huge part of the game.

Loveland also knowing about KD doubled her and still she scored 2 goals. Loveland probably should have triple teamed her. One of Loveland’s strategies is to not over commit too many players to stopping the other teams’s top player. They couldn’t stop DB and they couldn’t stop KD - difference here that West knew Loveland’s offensive scheme and was able to stop it early with a solid defense and midfield and Elite keeper.

KD’s combination of top speed, elusiveness, and shooting power from both feet are the best I’ve seen at high school level. In order to shut her out you’ll need to triple team or be able to match her up with a truly elite defender. Do any of the contenders left have that? I don’t think Dublin Coffman will be a problem. Anthony Wayne has the offense to score enough to stay in the game with West. If they commit to stopping KD then they certainly have a good chance to beat West.

Last edited:
actually, the reason for the game winner was a defensive miscalculation on a corner and counter because of it- nothing more. And TK would be the first to tell you that most likely. That was a 1-0 game and closer than the score indicates, but gotta give KD credit on that counter- and she cant get to OSU soon enough after the crap year the buckeyes had this season. As for Loveland, some of the people on this site crack me up- and by crack me up I mean vomit of course. TK is one of the best coaches in the state, and does it for the right reasons- which now-a-days is extremely rare. To put up with the crap ALL HS coaches go thru from helicopters, yet still have the passion and focus to HELP great kids become great young adults then read the total CRAP on this site from little Sally's dad who's wittle Sally didn't play enough for his liking, is why there are less and less quality coaches in the state like TK. As a reminder to those idiots on here- Loveland lost 2 of their first 3 games, with MAYBE 3 high level club kids in the entire program, (the rest are small level club players) yet still made the Elite Eight. MAYBE 4 coaches in the entire state (in all divisions teach) TEAM over individual and 3 of those 4 are in the state semi's- and Loveland almost made it 4 out of 4 with less overall talent than the other teams. (and NO, OP Coffman is NOT one of those 4 teams that teach that).

I went to the game and here is my take on how things went down. I am not a soccer guy. I just got interested in Lakota because my boy goes there and has been telling about these three young ladies since he was a freshman (and they were in 8th grade). I got turned on to the women's game because of this summer's world cup and Rose being a local girl. So, I am thinking maybe I am watching the future of the US National team. Anyway, I thought Lakota came out and played very tentatively like they were afraid to make a mistake and Loveland definitely was seizing the initiative. Finally, Loveland got a corner kick and had everybody pushed way up front. LW stopped their corner and kicked the ball up to towards KD. She out ran the other 2 defenders (maybe even just one) and beat the Loveland goalie easily. After, that play, Lakota seemed to relax and played Loveland to a standstill. Both teams had some chances to score in the normal course of play but nobody could capitalize. I don't know what the Loveland coach said to his team at halftime but they came out with their hair on fire and definitely out played Lakota for the first ten to fifteen minutes of the second half. They got all the 50/50 balls, were very aggressive but not super physical and generated many opportunities to score. Honestly, Lakota got lucky several times. However, after those first 10 minutes or so, Loveland got looked exhausted and Lakota controlled the rest of the game. Lakota should have got credit for a goal that was scored twice before they scored their second goal but that discussion is for another day. Suffice to say, the Linesmen were not up to the task that night. Lakota will need to play better than this to win the State or they might get embarrassed if they make it to the finals.

I went to the game and here is my take on how things went down. I am not a soccer guy. I just got interested in Lakota because my boy goes there and has been telling about these three young ladies since he was a freshman (and they were in 8th grade). I got turned on to the women's game because of this summer's world cup and Rose being a local girl. So, I am thinking maybe I am watching the future of the US National team. Anyway, I thought Lakota came out and played very tentatively like they were afraid to make a mistake and Loveland definitely was seizing the initiative. Finally, Loveland got a corner kick and had everybody pushed way up front. LW stopped their corner and kicked the ball up to towards KD. She out ran the other 2 defenders (maybe even just one) and beat the Loveland goalie easily. After, that play, Lakota seemed to relax and played Loveland to a standstill. Both teams had some chances to score in the normal course of play but nobody could capitalize. I don't know what the Loveland coach said to his team at halftime but they came out with their hair on fire and definitely out played Lakota for the first ten to fifteen minutes of the second half. They got all the 50/50 balls, were very aggressive but not super physical and generated many opportunities to score. Honestly, Lakota got lucky several times. However, after those first 10 minutes or so, Loveland got looked exhausted and Lakota controlled the rest of the game. Lakota should have got credit for a goal that was scored twice before they scored their second goal but that discussion is for another day. Suffice to say, the Linesmen were not up to the task that night. Lakota will need to play better than this to win the State or they might get embarrassed if they make it to the finals.
Not a bad summary. Only comment I have is that, IMO, the goal was rightfully disallowed. Loveland's keeper had hands on the ball (though not full possession) and the West player running in appeared to make contact with at least her arm, causing her to drop the ball. It wasn't the clearest foul I've ever seen, but the keeper gets that call just about every time. Did not matter one bit though. KD made up for it with an absolute rocket about 15 seconds later.

You are right about when the ball actually got past the goalie to the net, however, the ball had already crossed the line completely when she saved it. The goalie literally reached back and saved the ball after it had completely crossed the line in the air. The line referee was not prepared for that play at all. The game moved to fast for both of those guys on the sideline. They could not keep up. KD sends rockets to the goal by the way and she really does not seem to be kicking it hard. Very strong athlete.

You are right about when the ball actually got past the goalie to the net, however, the ball had already crossed the line completely when she saved it. The goalie literally reached back and saved the ball after it had completely crossed the line in the air. The line referee was not prepared for that play at all. The game moved to fast for both of those guys on the sideline. They could not keep up. KD sends rockets to the goal by the way and she really does not seem to be kicking it hard. Very strong athlete.
You are misremembering the play. Ball was played in off the corner, West player made contact with the keeper about 3 or 4 yards out from the goal knocking the ball towards the goal, then the ball arguably crossed the line before being cleared by a defender, then was buried by West. Then the refs conferred and called it back due to the contact with the keeper.

I guess I did not see the contact with the goalie although I was right on the end line. I don't think the end line official saw it either as he was not in position. The high school coach I was sitting with did not see the contact either.