Elder Vs La Salle

Lancer_Reups

Should be a pretty decent game the first of may unusual Pit games Elder will have new faces while La salle has a lot of old faces Curious to hear your thoughts

Should be a pretty decent game the first of may unusual Pit games Elder will have new faces while La salle has a lot of old faces Curious to hear your thoughts
Elder will start Ramsey at QB and expect him to have a big year. Elder will be solid but definitely not the team they had in 2019 which pretty obvious considering the major talent they lost. LaSalle brings back a lot as you stated. I’m going with LaSalle but not by a lot. Elder will compete and be well coached.

Elder will start Ramsey at QB and expect him to have a big year. Elder will be solid but definitely not the team they had in 2019 which pretty obvious considering the major talent they lost. LaSalle brings back a lot as you stated. I’m going with LaSalle but not by a lot. Elder will compete and be well coached.
I agree Elder is always competitive as long as Ramsey is the coach

Friday night's game will be streamed live. The link will be posted on ehsports.com and social media on Friday. No tickets will be sold at the gate.

The cost is $10 per stream. There will also be a radio broadcast by PSRN on 740am.

MickeyMantle you are probably the most down to earth guy whats your analysis of friday

I think if you step back and look objectively, LS must be a pretty decent favorite on paper. This is the most talented team the program has ever had and if they take care of business, they should be favored to win this game by 10. That's the old newspaper guy in me offering a prediction. Great QB with poise, the most talented RB in the city and from what I hear, some other very nice weapons. They also have a talented, deep and experienced defensive backfield. But what about up front? I've heard rumblings of a talented young DL that is going to create G-Payne-like havoc, but is that true?

I have absolutely no idea what Elder has. I hear a lot about a QB competition between two very talented options. What else? Can they stop the run on defense?

As a LS fan since seventh grade in1991, I'm less confident. This is Elder, it's The Pit and it's Week 1. There were games LS never should have lost to Elder in 2010 and 2015 that they did nonetheless. We will see in a few days. I will be much more forceful in predictions once I see a game or two. Starting with Elder and X is ... quite a thing. We will know a lot soon.

WOW! Get your popcorn ready! Everyone loves the little man (or underdog) and La Salle isn't the underdog or little man too often. But I'm rootin' for La Salle!

As a LS fan since seventh grade in1991, I'm less confident. This is Elder, it's The Pit and it's Week 1. There were games LS never should have lost to Elder in 2010 and 2015 that they did nonetheless. We will see in a few days. I will be much more forceful in predictions once I see a game or two. Starting with Elder and X is ... quite a thing. We will know a lot soon.

Playing at the Pit is not going to have any impact on this game. There will be less than 1,500 fans who are all parents, grandparents, siblings, etc. No students. No band. The Pit looks rather bland and lifeless in an empty stadium and the echo you hear from the empty stadium is odd.

I hope the rain stays away, especially lightning so there is no weather delay.

WOW! Get your popcorn ready! Everyone loves the little man (or underdog) and La Salle isn't the underdog or little man too often. But I'm rootin' for La Salle!

You're kidding right? One die hard Elder fan predicted Lasalle blows Elder out with a running clock. Everyone in the Lasalle thread is calling this the best team Lasalle has ever had. You guys are also being quiet about the 2 transfers Lasalle got this year. Let's hope Elder can keep this respectable.

I think if you step back and look objectively, LS must be a pretty decent favorite on paper. This is the most talented team the program has ever had and if they take care of business, they should be favored to win this game by 10. That's the old newspaper guy in me offering a prediction. Great QB with poise, the most talented RB in the city and from what I hear, some other very nice weapons. They also have a talented, deep and experienced defensive backfield. But what about up front? I've heard rumblings of a talented young DL that is going to create G-Payne-like havoc, but is that true?

I have absolutely no idea what Elder has. I hear a lot about a QB competition between two very talented options. What else? Can they stop the run on defense?

Ya I agree La Salle has not been historically great at away GCL Teams

You're kidding right? One die hard Elder fan predicted Lasalle blows Elder out with a running clock. Everyone in the Lasalle thread is calling this the best team Lasalle has ever had. You guys are also being quiet about the 2 transfers Lasalle got this year. Let's hope Elder can keep this respectable.

Who's being quiet about two transfers? You guys try to hard to make this more than it is. A kid switched schools and another kid's family moved to Cincinnati from Maryland.

EDIT: You seem to be making this more than it is.

Last edited:
Who's being quiet about two transfers? You guys try to hard to make this more than it is. A kid switched schools and another kid's family moved to Cincinnati from Maryland.

Not one mention of them on this thread is my point like you're trying to catch Elder by surprise.

Good to go.

Not one mention of them on this thread is my point like you're trying to catch Elder by surprise.

How could a random Yappi poster with no connection to the LS football program other than being a fan catch Elder by surprise? I'd imagine Elder knows all it needs to know.

See? You're far over-blowing this. They're just two high school kids.

Last edited:
How could a random Yappi poster with no connection to the LS football program other than being a fan catch Elder by surprise. I'd imagine Elder knows all it needs to know.

See? You're far over-blowing this. They're just two high school kids.

I'm sure Elder does too. I'm more interested in watching a good game Friday and hoping Elder can keep it close. It's more or less a meaningless game in the grand scheme of things this season.

I see some posters are back to the very, very old theme of LaSalle recruiting again. So many babies over there. Inferiority complex on full display.

You guys are also being quiet about the 2 transfers Lasalle got this year.

:rolleyes:

This is the typical excuse making before the run up to the inevitable on Friday. Get ready for “LaSalle cheats so much” after Fridays likely a** whoopin.

Speaking of being quiet, there’s been relatively little noise from the normally pompous purple outpouring we hear most years from the panther faithful. That likely tells you all you need to know about the purple posses‘ chances this year. Panthers will be lucky to get to .500.

I see some posters are back to the very, very old theme of LaSalle recruiting again. So many babies over there. Inferiority complex on full display.

Trust me. Elder fans would rather see Lasalle good in football than bad. It makes the GCL the best league in Ohio and one of the best in the country. We just need Moeller to get good again, and I think they are close. Moeller will be much improved this year. They were very young last year.

Trust me. Elder fans would rather see Lasalle good in football than bad. It makes the GCL the best league in Ohio and one of the best in the country. We just need Moeller to get good again, and I think they are close. Moeller will be much improved this year. They were very young last year.

But not too much success right? You know, when little ole LaSalle can possibly rise to the heights of grand ole Elder High, that raises the profile? LaSalle has more than held up their end of the bargain in the last decade.

But the second they have too much success, like LaSalle football and Moeller basketball, they’re most definitely “cheaters”, right?

Funny, in the last decade, outside of last year, most of the GCL has been waiting on Elder. When is the last time Elder has won an outright GCL title in football or basketball? Pretty sure your pecking order is a bit skewed.

Last edited:
But not too much success right? You know, when little ole LaSalle can possibly rise to the heights of grand ole Elder High, that raises the profile? LaSalle has more than held up their end of the bargain in the last decade.

Calm down. I don't see any of that talk here. Do you not have any input on the game itself?

Calm down. I don't see any of that talk here. Do you not have any input on the game itself?

I’m not the one who brought up/implied illegal recruiting. You can’t just continue to type that crap and expect to get away with it.

As for the game, LaSalle has high D1 talent all over the field. Elder does not. LaSalle has Seniors in high profile roles (been there before). Elder does not not. It’s supposed to rain on Friday - LaSalle has a stout running attack one of the best RBs in the state. Every major playmaker from last year is gone for Elder.

Any sane person would ask, how do you think Elder will win, besides homerism? I know people like you automatically think Elder is better regardless, because they’re Elder. But they’re not better this year. In fact, going .500 leading up the playoffs would be a success for the inexperience for the purple guys. That’s not a knock, it’s just reality.

LaSalle - 42
Elder - 17

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

This is the typical excuse making before the run up to the inevitable on Friday. Get ready for “LaSalle cheats so much” after Fridays likely a** whoopin.

Speaking of being quiet, there’s been relatively little noise from the normally pompous purple outpouring we hear most years from the panther faithful. That likely tells you all you need to know about the purple posses‘ chances this year. Panthers will be lucky to get to .500.
I take it class isn't taught in your parish...

I'm setting up to stream this one and the Eds game..and a 3 rd tv for the ESPN games

I take it class isn't taught in your parish...

I'm setting up to stream this one and the Eds game..and a 3 rd tv for the ESPN games

Huh? This dude cries “cheater” every year for LaSalle football and Moeller basketball, as do much of the other purple posse, and I lack class? Their stupidity deserves to be called out.