Elder Track & Field GCL Champs!

PantherVOR

Congratulations to the athletes and coaches for a total team win. Good luck next week at the district meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And congratulations to Seton's track & field team, they took 2nd place at the GGCL meet.

Having the facilities at the PAC is paying off. Being able to practice is huge. We just ran around the concrete Pit, watch out for the steps and the wire and your teammates as you tried to run. Great job.

First time since '09?

Congrats to those guys. How many have a good chance to qualify to regionals?

I think they should get quite a few through to regionals. The road will probably stop there for all but a couple athletes unfortunately. Their pole vaulter has a legitimate shot at winning a state championship.

Congratulations to both Elder and Seton, 2014 Winton Woods district champions! I have to say that is something I never thought I would see.

Elder's pole vaulter, Joe Ratterman, set a new Winton Woods district record in the pole vault clearing 15' 1.25".

Seton held a one point lead over Ursula going into the final race of the night, the 4x400. Seton had to finish ahead of Ursula in that race to hold on for the win. Ursula lead by a small margin for much of the race but when Seton's anchor got the baton she caught and passed Ursula's anchor to capture the district title. Seton's anchor, Maria Torok (sp?), came close to getting them into the 4th place finish required to advance to the regional meet next week but came up a few tenths of a second short. An exciting finish to an exciting meet.

Last edited:
Joe Ratterman and the 4x400 team advance to the state meet next week. Ratterman finished 1st in the pole vault and the 4x400 finished 4th. Elder's high jumper, Jake Upton, just missed qualifying for state finishing In 5th place.

TJ Ruwan, Andrew Sportsman, Brady Kraemer and Nick Pangallo made up the 4x400 team.

Congratulations to these athletes and good luck next week at the state meet.

It looks like Ratterman is in for quite a battle. He won the regional meet with a 15' vault, as did a kid from Massilon Perry and a kid from Licking Heights. I don't know what their personal bests are, but let's all hope Ratterman can come out on top and become Elder's second track and field champ. If he does, he would join Tim Roa, Class of '03, who also was a pole vaulter; he won state at 15' 8".
Best of luck to Ratterman and also to the 4x400 squad.

Also found out that Loretta Blaut (high jump) and Alyssa Ramstetter (discus) of Seton are moving on to the state meet as well. Some of you may remember that Loretta Blaut was the state champion in the high jump last year. This will be Alyssa Ramsteter's (she is Joe's, class of 2013, sister) first trip to to the state meet.

Congratulations and good luck to these athletes as well.

Last edited:
So nice to see the Track team doing well again. Winning GCL in '09 and celebrating on the field afterwards was one of my favorite memories at Elder.

Coach Christoph (pole vault) is the best out there. Elder is extremely lucky to have him

Coach Christoph (pole vault) is the best out there. Elder is extremely lucky to have him

Agreed, he is very dedicated to that event. I hear he has a pole vault pit in his back yard that kids from around the city come to practice on all the time.

Unfortunately, Elder's 4x400 team did not qualify for the finals. Still, congrats to T.J. Ruwan, Andrew Sportsman, Brady Kraemer, and Nick Pangallo for making the state meet.
Joe Ratterman finished 4th with a height of 14'10". Congrats to Joe, too, for a fine year.
And thus ends Elder's 2013-2014 sports year. Until some time in August . . . .
Be there. Aloha.

And thus ends Elder's 2013-2014 sports year. Until some time in August . . . .
Be there. Aloha.

Very successful athletic year for the Panthers at that. Seniors did a great job leading their respective teams:

Fall Sports:
Football (9-3) - 2nd in GCL, home playoff win
Soccer (12-6) - tied for 1st in GCL, playoff win in Sectionals
Cross Country - finished 2nd at GCL meet

Winter Sports:
Basketball (17-7) - 2nd in GCL, made it to Sectional Final
Wrestling - 2nd in GCL, 2 State Qualifiers with Jake Conners taking 6th Place
Academic Team (12-4) - lost in Regional Final

Spring Sports:
Baseball (19-8) - Won GCL, received #3 seed in Cincinnati
Track - Won GCL, Won Districts, 4x400 team reached State Meet, Joe Ratterman finishes 4th in Pole Vault.
Volleyball (24-5) - tied for 2nd in GCL, finished 2nd at Buckeye Classic, finished 3rd at Centerville Elite, State Champions!

Way to go boys! :clap: :clap: