Seems like the two big conversations going into it will be QB and O-line

From another poster in the other thread:

QB: Ramsey/Miller/Hambleton, Schoester
RB: Johnson, Paff?, Summers
FB: Schlachter
TE: Larkins, Nieman/Kirch/Browne
Slot: Ramsey/Sabato
WR: Nieman, Neville, Kirch, Harp?, Broxterman, Klusman, Collins, Southerland
OL: Beckenhaupt, Evan James, Tucker? Conners?, Singler?
DL: Tucker, Folzenlogen, Willenborg? Conners?
LB: Stemler, Mitchell, Ott, Paff, Spinney, Schalchter
CB: Thomas, Miller?
Saf: Wandstrat, Keller, Flowers

Panthers will take a step back, but should still vie for a playoff berth. Will be interesting to see if kids are re-energized in football after this run and if the numbers grow instead of shrink.

Schedule - I would guess GL is back since Elder has gone up twice and they've come down once. Someone mentioned Ryle was a home/home, though not sure how accurate that is. St Edward will be at home. Winton Woods is off the schedule. If all that is accurate, then that leaves 4 spots - one more home game gets you 5.

QB - I think Hambleton will have to beat Miller for it. I also think Ramsey is going to kick around using his son for the spot, if for no other reason to try to emulate what Luebbe did for this team this year because clearly it worked.

OL - seeing a lot of names, but if Nieman or Kirch can play TE, what if Larkins moves inside to offensive tackle? He wasn't used much in the passing game but was a hell of a blocker when in there at TE/H-back.

Wouldn't be surprised if Ramsey has already started working on his passing skills.

Coach Ramsey is definitely going to kick around the option.

Schedule - I would guess GL is back since Elder has gone up twice and they've come down once. Someone mentioned Ryle was a home/home, though not sure how accurate that is. St Edward will be at home. Winton Woods is off the schedule. If all that is accurate, then that leaves 4 spots - one more home game gets you 5.

QB - I think Hambleton will have to beat Miller for it. I also think Ramsey is going to kick around using his son for the spot, if for no other reason to try to emulate what Luebbe did for this team this year because clearly it worked.

OL - seeing a lot of names, but if Nieman or Kirch can play TE, what if Larkins moves inside to offensive tackle? He wasn't used much in the passing game but was a hell of a blocker when in there at TE/H-back.

Will be hard for any QB to emulate what Luebbe did this yr behind this O Line.

Seems like the two big conversations going into it will be QB and O-line

From another poster in the other thread:

QB: Ramsey/Miller/Hambleton, Schoester
RB: Johnson, Paff?, Summers
FB: Schlachter
TE: Larkins, Nieman/Kirch/Browne
Slot: Ramsey/Sabato
WR: Nieman, Neville, Kirch, Harp?, Broxterman, Klusman, Collins, Southerland
OL: Beckenhaupt, Evan James, Tucker? Conners?, Singler?
DL: Tucker, Folzenlogen, Willenborg? Conners?
LB: Stemler, Mitchell, Ott, Paff, Spinney, Schalchter
CB: Thomas, Miller?
Saf: Wandstrat, Keller, Flowers

Why haven't they tried Miller at WR? His dad was one of the best wide receivers ever at Elder. The nut usually doesn't fall far from the tree. Corner could be a possibility if WR doesn't work out. I guess they want to look at him at QB obviously first considering he was the #2 QB behind Luebbe.

I'm of the opinion you find a way to get your best players on the field. Hambleton sitting the bench as the #2 QB seems like a huge waste to me. It would remind me of Miller sitting the bench at #2 this year.

They are going to need speed at WR. None of the names you have listed I don't think have great speed. Ramsey needs to be the guy there at WR. He's the only one with the break away speed or the speed to get open against teams like Winton Woods/Lasalle/Ed's/Pickerington that can shut Elder's WR down.

It's not like Hambleton can't run the ball. It seems like everyone is ruling him out, because they think all he can do is drop back and pass the ball. Hambleton is a big body that can run for yards the same way Bittner did or the QB from PC did. Competition is good though, and I think Elder will be fine next year at QB.

It is true. Elder will play at Ryle next season.

Just guessing here?
Lincoln home
Lakota West home/away?
Cathedral away
St. Ed's home
Ryle away
St X home
Moeller away
Trinity home/away?
Football North home
Lasalle home

Trinity will be loaded next yr, but a fairly noticeable drop off after that. Lville St X is about to take over, they’ve got loaded Soph and Frosh classes.

It's not like Hambleton can't run the ball. It seems like everyone is ruling him out, because they think all he can do is drop back and pass the ball. Hambleton is a big body that can run for yards the same way Bittner did or the QB from PC did. Competition is good though, and I think Elder will be fine next year at QB.
Hambleton is more athletic and than 2 of the last 3 QB's we have had the past 4 years. Meaning, he can run vertically and is quicker (excluding Luebbe) He's closer to Bittner but can move a little better and has the arm strength as well

I think Ramsey is harder to defend with him playing Wildcat, WR, RB. As a Defense, you have to know exactly where he’s lining up every play. Every Offensive skill, he’s proficient at. It’s

Hambleton is more athletic and than 2 of the last 3 QB's we have had the past 4 years. Meaning, he can run vertically and is quicker (excluding Luebbe) He's closer to Bittner but can move a little better and has the arm strength as well
That’s correct. He’s not exactly immobile in the pocket. He won’t bust off 80 yd TD runs, but he’s not a statue.

If this team can cobble together a decent OL, they’ll be pretty good. If not, then they’re going to struggle. It sucks bc before last yr, they had a really strong OL in the class of ‘21 but they had 2 key pieces transfer out/expelled/asked to leave.

Last edited:
And the QB situation isn’t an issue, it’s a strength. They’ve got 4 strong candidates, each with their own difft talents, that could legitimately start and be successful. IMO, Hambleton gives them the best option with Ramsey at WR. They’ll have a legitimate vertical passing attack, they haven’t had that in a very long time. Miller might be best in the Secondary. It’s a shame Schoster might only get 1 yr as starting QB, he’s got a world of potential. He’s already 6’3’’ as a Freshman similar mold to Hambleton, except maybe a little faster.

I am going to pick your theory apart a little.
Just guessing here?
Lincoln home I think you are correct.
Lakota West home/away? They will have LaSalle week 1 at home, so I would guess they want an away game is possible for week 2 so they are balanced, in 2021.
Cathedral away I don't think this game got renewed.
St. Ed's home
Ryle away
St X home
Moeller away
Trinity home/away? This would be right in the middle of Kentucky district play, so I don't think it would be this week.
Football North home
Lasalle home

Should be interesting to see what goes down in the defensive backfield. Should have three givens with Thomas, Keller and wandstrat, but who will play the other corner if not Miller? Maybe sabato who played there as a sophomore, or will one of this year’s jv dbs be forced into a bigger role? Only problem with sabato is height, should be plenty fast enough.

1. 8/28 G-Lincoln
2. 9/04 Open
3. 9/11 Open

4. 9/19 Eds (Heard Sat game)
5. 9/25 at Ryle
6. 10/02 St X
7. 10/09 at Moeller
8. 10/16 Open
9. 10/23 Open

10. 10/30 LaSalle

Should be interesting to see what goes down in the defensive backfield. Should have three givens with Thomas, Keller and wandstrat, but who will play the other corner if not Miller? Maybe sabato who played there as a sophomore, or will one of this year’s jv dbs be forced into a bigger role? Only problem with sabato is height, should be plenty fast enough.
Sabato just isn’t big enough. He adds more value as the Slot WR. I’m not sure who the second Corner will be. I think you have to give Keller a look, but he’s mostly been a Safety, so I’m not sure how that works out. If there was a Soph (current Frosh) to get a look, I’d like to see what Southerland can do. IMO, his athleticism is wasted at WR, when there’s such an excess of quality players across all levels in that position group. Flowers might be able to step in at FS, if he grows, but I can’t see him moving down to Corner.

1. 8/28 G-Lincoln
2. 9/04 Open
3. 9/11 Open

4. 9/19 Eds (Heard Sat game)
5. 9/25 at Ryle
6. 10/02 St X
7. 10/09 at Moeller
8. 10/16 Open
9. 10/23 Open

10. 10/30 LaSalle

Looks like finding a Solid O Line and a 10 Game Schedule will be next years biggest challenges. Having at least 9 Games is a must!

I am going to pick your theory apart a little.

You would be correct on the Cathedral portion.
Cathedral's Schedule next year so far:
week 1 @ Westfield IN (6A) (2019 lost to Carmel in Sectional Champ)
week 2 @ Carmel IN (6A) (2019 IN 6A State Champs)
week 3 Penn IN (6A) (2019 lost to Warsaw in Sectional Champ)
week 4 @ Chatard IN (3A) (2019 IN 3A State Champs
week 5 St. Xavier OH (D1)
week 6 Open
week 7 @ Trinity KY (2019 KY 6A State Champs)
week 8 Brebeuf Jesuit IN (3A) (2019 lost first round to Chatard)
week 9 Center Grove IN (6A) (2019 6A State Runner-up).

Unless our week 6 meets an opening for Elder I don't think we will be playing I think our week 6 would be your week 4 or 5.
Congrats on a great season to the Panthers. I was cheering them on against Pick Central. If we don't play next year I hope to play again in the not so distant future!

You would be correct on the Cathedral portion.
Cathedral's Schedule next year so far:
week 1 @ Westfield IN (6A) (2019 lost to Carmel in Sectional Champ)
week 2 @ Carmel IN (6A) (2019 IN 6A State Champs)
week 3 Penn IN (6A) (2019 lost to Warsaw in Sectional Champ)
week 4 @ Chatard IN (3A) (2019 IN 3A State Champs
week 5 St. Xavier OH (D1)
week 6 Open
week 7 @ Trinity KY (2019 KY 6A State Champs)
week 8 Brebeuf Jesuit IN (3A) (2019 lost first round to Chatard)
week 9 Center Grove IN (6A) (2019 6A State Runner-up).

Unless our week 6 meets an opening for Elder I don't think we will be playing I think our week 6 would be your week 4 or 5.
Congrats on a great season to the Panthers. I was cheering them on against Pick Central. If we don't play next year I hope to play again in the not so distant future!

If it’s week 5, I wonder if they can move the Ryle game up to week 2 or 3.

Banquet was last night, correct? Who won the end of year awards? Do we have any info on next year's captains? If I remember correctly, they are usually announced at the end of the banquet (but I could be mistaken).