Elder Football 2020

carefree93

From C-bus channel 10's website:
"On May 26, training for all sports, including contact sports like football and lacrosse, can resume as long as safety protocols are followed. Husted clarified that tournaments, games and competitions for contact sports are still prohibited for now.
In addition, that skills training also includes the use of school buildings and facilities. "It’s also important to note that a practical component of making this happen will also include a change in the health order that will allow school buildings and facilities to be used for skills training,” Husted said.
Husted said the use of these facilities will be up to the school district."

So is this now up to Elder or the Archdioces? Or someone else?

Omar

SC10EHS15

SMARTY22

This would be very bad for baseball, lacrosse and track. Boys' volleyball to a lesser extent, as there's not a lot of crossover between the 2.
No doubt this would be bad for other Spring Sports. Ramsey and Bolden would rather do Spring than Fall with no fans but they Both really want “normal” high school Football that they and the players are familiar with.

EHS 2001

Pantherontheporch

And so training begins . . . .

SC10EHS15

How is that safe? I’m not in the medical profession but it can’t be good to have your mouth covered during strenuous exercise
People do it all the time while running in the winter. People that like to look silly use those elevation training masks. Yes, it can be potentially unsafe for those already with respiratory conditions, but, all things considered, it'll mostly be fine.

Omar

People do it all the time while running in the winter. People that like to look silly use those elevation training masks. Yes, it can be potentially unsafe for those already with respiratory conditions, but, all things considered, it'll mostly be fine.

I’ve seen guys wearing the elevation masks for cardio. However, when your lifting heavy weight in doors in a confined space, that seems dangerous. Being able to control your breathing is very important when lifting, the last thing you want is a kid blacking out in the middle of a bench press or squat.

SC10EHS15

I’ve seen guys wearing the elevation masks for cardio. However, when your lifting heavy weight in doors in a confined space, that seems dangerous. Being able to control your breathing is very important when lifting, the last thing you want is a kid blacking out in the middle of a bench press or squat.
In my experience wearing one, it doesn't really inhibit breathing at all. The only issues I've ever found with them came from voices being muffled.

Omar

Interesting that Drew Ramsey is already penciled in as the starting QB according to the article.
I hope that’s more supposition on the author’s part. It’s been said a million times already but Ramsey adds more value at Wildcat. Defenses have to worry about him lining up at QB, RB, or in the Slot in any given play.
Hambleton has a better arm and is more in the mold of a traditional QB.

Omar

The difference bw 7-2 and 5-4(if they can’t find a 10th game) will be the OL play. Last year’s OL was able to dominate games. One of the big factors will be who takes over LT. Beckenhaupt is their best returning OL but he’s more of an interior OL, and there was almost no size on the JV OL.

carefree93

People have been telling you since the end of last season Ramsey would be the QB, and you didn’t believe them.

With what Ramsey runs on offense, it was the obvious choice. I don’t know if it’s the right choice (time will tell), but it’s the obvious one.

With their schedule, all that matters is making the playoffs, and they will likely do that.

There’s no way they’re moving him to QB and not playing him. I could see them doing what they did a few years ago with rotating QBs (Was that Nieman and Bitner)?

Last edited:

ElderHSfan02

Here is the direct quote from the article:
Beckenhaupt will be among the Panthers blocking for the elusive Drew Ramsey. The youngest of coach Doug Ramsey's sons will be a junior moving back to his natural position of quarterback.

As a sophomore in the state final playing with a broken thumb, he caught seven passes for 70 yards from Co-Greater Catholic League-South Player of the Year Matthew Luebbe. As the third Ramsey to take the field at The Pit, the turf is like his back yard.

"I've been coming here as long as I can remember," Drew Ramsey said. "It's been awesome. I've been ready for this!"
I think before anyone gets too opinionated on the QB position, you have to understand that this is a sports writer article and not an actual quote from Doug Ramsey. Maybe Doug told him something to make him believe that Drew is taking over at QB for Luebbe. I would be surprised if Miller wasn't #1 heading into camp with Miller/Ramsey/Hambleton all competing for the starting job.

carefree93

But he got a quote from the kid - that seems a little strange if it’s just speculation.

Im betting on a QB rotation we saw a few years ago, which I wasnt a fan of because every time Bitner Came in, you knew the play. If Ramsey is full time QB, they are going to run the ball a TON.

His speed and athleticism are unmatched, there’s no one close. His throwing will be the obvious concern. Teams are going to make them throw.

Last edited:

ElderHSfan02

With what Ramsey runs on offense, it was the obvious choice. I don’t know if it’s the right choice (time will tell), but it’s the obvious one.
I would not say obvious choice. No matter how good of a runner you are, you still have to be able to make the needed throws in Ramsey's offense. It will be an interesting development, because I think you have 3 QBs competing whose strengths are all different. One might have a D1 arm, another might have D1 speed, another might have above average arm/speed.

Omar

Here is the direct quote from the article:

I think before anyone gets too opinionated on the QB position, you have to understand that this is a sports writer article and not an actual quote from Doug Ramsey. Maybe Doug told him something to make him believe that Drew is taking over at QB for Luebbe. I would be surprised if Miller wasn't #1 heading into camp with Miller/Ramsey/Hambleton all competing for the starting job.
That’s my thought too. These writers cover all of the city, so they’re not going to be too detailed in their write ups.

PantherVOR

I would not say obvious choice. No matter how good of a runner you are, you still have to be able to make the needed throws in Ramsey's offense. It will be an interesting development, because I think you have 3 QBs competing whose strengths are all different. One might have a D1 arm, another might have D1 speed, another might have above average arm/speed.
Drew can throw the ball and throw it well. I'm not sure where you guys get the idea that he is a run first type QB. He has the talent to take advantage of what ever the defense gives him. Drew is the obvious choice as far as I'm concerned.