Elder baseball 2023

pantherland

It should be a very good team this year with the ability to make a deep post season run. Pitching should be very good to possibly excellent. How have tryouts been going? Any surprises or transfers come in? Has anyone decided not to play anymore? Josh Dugan?

Seniors back from last year
Vaughn, Hilton. Truitt, Will Summers, Westerkamp, Schoester, Edrich, Ramsey, Ohmer, Hulen, Wood, Eckstein, Gutzwiler. Are they all still playing?

Juniors who I assume are locks

Curliss, Ammon, and Biggs

A pitching lineup with Wood, Eckstein, Curliss, Biggs, Ramsey, Westerkamp, Hulen, Ammon.

Anyone else I am missing? Who takes the other spots on the team?

It should be a very good team this year with the ability to make a deep post season run. Pitching should be very good to possibly excellent. How have tryouts been going? Any surprises or transfers come in? Has anyone decided not to play anymore? Josh Dugan?

Seniors back from last year
Vaughn, Hilton. Truitt, Will Summers, Westerkamp, Schoester, Edrich, Ramsey, Ohmer, Hulen, Wood, Eckstein, Gutzwiler. Are they all still playing?

Juniors who I assume are locks

Curliss, Ammon, and Biggs

A pitching lineup with Wood, Eckstein, Curliss, Biggs, Ramsey, Westerkamp, Hulen, Ammon.

Anyone else I am missing? Who takes the other spots on the team?
Look for a Sophmore Sandass to get a good look at backup catcher

This is not breaking news at all. Nobody wants their star catcher catching 100% of the games. Vaughn did not catch last years State Championship game. He played Third.
Vaughn was coming off an injury. That said, you’re right. I could see being DH a handful of games to save his knees.

The pitching staff is deep but they need to identify their 2 main Starters. Two yrs ago, Grimmelsman and Sandhas carried them in the tournament. I think Wood and Curliss can be that duo.

Sources say Nicky Gutz is going to get the ball a majority amount of the time this year. He has definitely looked the part on the mound this spring sitting 89-92 with a sweeping slider.

at 1965 panther i know these damn hooligans are back and i can't stand it. All i want to do is sit in my chair and talk about 18 and 17 year old kids like what is wrong with that. #BeTheChange #GoElder #LivingMyBestLife

at 1965 panther i know these damn hooligans are back and i can't stand it. All i want to do is sit in my chair and talk about 18 and 17 year old kids like what is wrong with that. #BeTheChange #GoElder #LivingMyBestLife
Lol you'll be doing the same thing when you get older. Maybe not about Elder or high school kids, but about college and professional athletes who are close to the same age. It's all circular

According to Double Helix, they might have to bench Vaughn for being too much of a super star. Can’t have insanely talented players ruining the underdog ethos he clings to.

Bc that’s the narrative you want to push.
Not really. Only one team wins state. I will be equally proud of the baseball team this year, win or lose. They should make a deep run, but if they don't, I still know they have a lot of good players who play for each other and the name on their jersey. That's what makes me a fan, not searching for the next best thing. I appreciate them for what they are.

First game is Thursday. Hope they get the roster up soon. Been a fun year so far with football and basketball. A great spring sports season will be a good way to remember the class of 23. Pleasantly surprised so far.