Elder Baseball 2020

pantherland

How do you think we will look? I know last year was a senior dominated team. How many Freshman are trying out for the Freshman team? Will any sophs play up on Varsity? I think the season starts in about a month. I would be interested in hearing some insight.

How many solid Pitchers do the Panthers have this year?

Will osp&pboy ruin this thread before the first regular season Baseball game is played?

How many solid Pitchers do the Panthers have this year?

Will osp&pboy ruin this thread before the first regular season Baseball game is played?
Why do you keep saying I ruin threads? It’s you that starts a bunch of bs. I mind my own business, whatever issues you have with Trey is bw you and him.

Ignored content Available, this thread will be ruined before the 1st game for sure! Total Clowns!

I’d like to see Thompson get at least 1 more State Title before he retires!

Ignored content Available, this thread will be ruined before the 1st game for sure! Total Clowns!
What does that have to do with me? I’ve done nothing recently to “ruin” a thread, that’s all on you. You’re the clown.

In the Wrestling forum, yappi himself posted a copy of an e-mail or letter OHSAA Executive Director Jerry Snodgrass sent this afternoon to all member schools. It ended with this:

With the return to school date tentatively set by Governor DeWine for April 6, the following will TENTATIVELY be in place:
April 6 – 10 MANDATORY Practices and/or Acclimatization (if required)
April 11
All Scrimmages/Regular Season Contests may begin Tournaments will remain on dates as currently scheduled
Please note: Since the current situation is rapidly changing, any of these may need to be adjusted. IF they are, notification will go out immediately to schools. Thank you for your attention to this matter!

So they will try to have a partial season for all spring sports. Also, from March 17 to April 5, a mandatory no-contact period will be in effect for all school-sponsored sports and as well as a mandatory shut down of facilities used for the purpose of conducting athletic activities.

Here is the whole post:

Per the comments from the CDC(Center for Disease Control) it looks like it may not be happening this year at all. This just out from the CDC.

"Closing schools for eight weeks or more may have a greater impact on mitigating the spread of the novel coronavirus than two- to four-week closures, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said.

Shorter-term closures will likely make little difference in the spread of the disease, new CDC guidance states, even as K-12 school districts across the country began announcing school closures within the shorter time frame."

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but I really don't think we're going to see any high school spring sports this year

From what I hear from some of my Umpire/Referee friends, we won’t see any Spring Sports this yr and they are only hopeful that School and Football will start up on time for next season.

2020 Varsity Baseball Roster:
Berger. SR
Connolly SR
Davis SR
Domenicone SR
Dressman JR
Dugan SR
Flaherty JR
Grimmelsman JR
Grogan SR
Gutzwiller JR
Keehan JR
Klingenbeck SR
Martin JR
Martini SR
Paff SR
Roever SR
Sabato JR
Sandhas SR
Schlacter JR
Thamann SR
Weber JR
Williams SR

Last edited:
How many of the Seniors will get to play some level of College Baseball?
I think Klingebeck and Williams both already signed to play in College. I would think Sandhas will be playing somewhere next yr as well.

Interesting. He was/is one of the best Pitchers in the city.

He was injured in the playoff game they lost last year and likely wouldn't be back pitching. He was a kid that would be able to play small D1 IMO.

I think Klingebeck and Williams both already signed to play in College. I would think Sandhas will be playing somewhere next yr as well.
Dugan and Grogan are playing at Thomas More, and I think Berger is also. I think this team can be sneaky good. 4 starting position players returning. Klingenbeck C Williams 1B Sandhas OF and P all were 1st GCL and Domenicone 2B. Grogan was a reliever 2nd team GCL and Berger was the second starter in GCL games after Kyle Klingenbeck was injured. Thamann and Connoly gave good production when they played. Sabato and Keehan were brought up as sophomores at the end of last season. Moeller and St X are loaded with pitching, but don't sleep on the Panthers come tourney time. Lets hope they get a chance to play.