EBC Wrestling

Sportsnut1975

Place to discuss and post about the EBC wrestling. Predictions for league titles and where everyone may be at tournament wise during the year. Please keep this forum friendly, and let’s have fun!

Names to look out for:

106 - Jenkins (Carr.), Miller (CS), Mitchell (Marl.), Mueller (Min.)

113 - Norris (Min.), Courtney (WB.), Newhouse (Sal.), Snair (Carr.)

120 - Pidgeon (Carr.), Dorris (WB.), Strader (Min.), Burt (Sal.), Mason (All.)

126 - Carman (Carr.)

132 - Kana (Salem.)

138 - Stecker (Salem.), Bennett (Carr.)

144 - Speelman (Carr.), Bixler (Mar)

150 - Simmons (All)

157 - Louive (Min.)

165 - Chaddock (Min.), Eddy (All.)

175 - Fricke (CS), Brink (WB)

190 - Hilliard (Min.), Zinda (Carr.) Hancox (Marl.), Zumbar (All).

215 - Marra (WB.), Haines (Min.), Mozden (All.), Murray (Sal.), Hall (Marl.)

HWT - Kamperman (Sal.)

215 and 120 certainly look to be the toughest weights.

Updated January 21st, 2022.

Last edited:
who won tonights duals
Minerva 57 - West Branch 21
Carrollton 57 - Marlington 24
Canton South 37 - Salem 36

Minerva pinned in 8 of their matches, Marlington forefited seven weight classes but won four of the seven matches that were actually wrestled, and Canton South beat Salem on a tie breaker. Alliance did not have a league match this week.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211211-073558_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20211211-073558_Twitter.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 39
Alliance 51 - Canton South 24
Salem 49 - Marlington 27
Carrollton 55 - West Branch - 19

Alliance won the majority of close matches and I was told that the final of the dual is a little misleading. Marlington forefited 5 weights this week, down from 7, and of the 9 matches actually wrestled they won 5. Salem also seemed to be back at full strength themselves. Carrollton cruised against West Branch with their low weights dominating. Minerva was on bye. Seems fairly obvious that it's a two horse race for the title, and I'm going to give a slight edge to Carrollton at this point but it could go either way

Last edited:
Alliance 51 - Canton South 24
Salem 49 - Marlington 27
Carrollton 55 - West Branch - 19

Alliance won the majority of close matches and I was told that the final of the dual is a little misleading. Marlington forefited 5 weights this week, down from 7, and of the 9 matches actually wrestled they won 5. Salem also seemed to be back at full strength themselves. Carrollton cruised against West Branch with their low weights dominating. Minerva was on bye. Seems fairly obvious that it's a two horse race for the title, and I'm going to give a slight edge to Carrollton at this point but it could go either way
I heard that the Alliance and South dual was closer than the score shows as well. Couple swing matches just went Alliances way. Impressive showing, they’re wrestling well behind new HC Richardson. Salems week one loss on criteria to South was very surprising to me, but appears they were without Burt (120), Allen (126) and Kamperman (285) and looked to have all of those guys back and at full strength or close to it on the score sheet against Marlington last night. Marlington wrestled exceptionally well for what they had to work with for the second week in a row. Carrollton and the light weights continue to do their thing as WB is still working on some early on struggles with Courtney (113) out, and a young developing team. Their 0-2 record in the EBC is misleading. On the upside, they’ve gotten past the two toughest teams in the conference early on.

Also a good opportunity to see some EBC dual matchup previews this weekend at Hoppel. Alliance, CS, Marlington and Salem will all be attending.

I heard that the Alliance and South dual was closer than the score shows as well. Couple swing matches just went Alliances way. Impressive showing, they’re wrestling well behind new HC Richardson. Salems week one loss on criteria to South was very surprising to me, but appears they were without Burt (120), Allen (126) and Kamperman (285) and looked to have all of those guys back and at full strength or close to it on the score sheet against Marlington last night. Marlington wrestled exceptionally well for what they had to work with for the second week in a row. Carrollton and the light weights continue to do their thing as WB is still working on some early on struggles with Courtney (113) out, and a young developing team. Their 0-2 record in the EBC is misleading. On the upside, they’ve gotten past the two toughest teams in the conference early on.
I see the league finishing something along these lines with a lot of wrestling still to go

1. Carrollton (6-0)
2. Minerva (5-1)
3. West Branch (4-2)
4. Alliance (3-3)
5a. Salem (1-5)
5b. Marlington (1-5)
5c. Canton South (1-5)

To me the edge Carrollton has at the low weights over Minerva is a little too much for them to overcome for the crown. West Branch has some great wrestlers and should qualify multiple for state and I can't see any of their remaining schedule beating them with all their football guys back on the mats now. Alliance surprised me with the margin of their win over Canton South but with them wrestling possibly a full strength Marlington team late in the year they could end up 2-4. Salem absolutely should not have lost to South, they have much better wrestlers than Canton South does and even with their guys out they should have been able to win that match handily. That said, the win against an injured Marlington came at the right time and with a handful of really good young wrestlers on their roster they could potentially keep it close with Alliance but I don't see it happening this year. Then we get to Marlington who at full strength probably is 1-1 right now but they aren't. They should handily beat Canton South and could potentially beat Alliance at the end of the year but the rest of their matches are going to be too tall of a mountain to climb. Last is Canton South. They were giftwrapped a win and took advantage of it, sadly the rest of the league won't be so kind and I can't see them even keeping a match close the rest of the year

Last edited:
Got to see a great deal of EBC matchups this weekend at the Hoppel Tournament.

Team scores:
Salem in 3rd with 175.5
Marlington in 6th with 129.5
Alliance in 7th with 128
Canton South in 10th with 89

Salem looked very impressive and solid at the light weights and top it off at 215 and HWT. They absolutely dominated the EBC scene here, taking third to only Fitch and Beaver. Marlington has developed drastically in a short time over the season and were able to beat Alliance. Alliance is very good at the mid-heavies and were without their 215 which likely would have won the entire thing, so I could see them ahead of Marlington but they performed well in some other weights. Canton South all around underperformed. Guys were losing to people they should have beat and have beat before.

Last edited:
Also a good opportunity to see some EBC dual matchup previews this weekend at Hoppel. Alliance, CS, Marlington and Salem will all be attending.
Post Hoppel thoughts:

Salem placed 11
Marlington placed 8
Alliance placed 8
Canton South placed 6

1. Alliance only had 9 wrestlers in the field, I wonder why they didn't bring more?
2. Marlington seems to be headed in the right direction
3. Canton South beating Salem is only more baffling now

A nice glimpse at some meets to come, really looking forward to seeing a few rematches from this tournament over the next few weeks

Carrollton beat Salem 61-15 and took 10 out of the 13 matches wrestled. Salem won at 32, 215 and 285. No surprise here. Looks like Carrollton’s lightweights again too heavy of a punch for Salem… and the entire EBC.
Minerva takes care of Canton South 60-15, South forfeited a couple of weight classes. They were able to get their only win at 106, but got their only other points by way of forfeits. Unsure of any other results. However, I do know this Carrollton and Minerva dual is shaping up to be even better and closer than I initially thought.

Last edited:
Anyone got the score of Alliance and West Branch?
Alliance won 41-33. Each team gave up a forfeit.
Alliance led 32-27 with 215, Heavy and 106 left. Marra got his pin at 215 to give WB a 33-32 lead. Came down to the last match where Alliance made the right coaching decision and sent Mozden (215) up to HWT to get the win 5-2. West branch FF 106, final 41-33. Good takeaways from both sides, Mason and Mozden look very good for Alliance. West Branch has the youngest starting team they’ve had in a while and they’re still without Courtney at 113, but kept the match very close all the way down to the wire.

I’ve been told Courtney (WB) is likely done for the year. If that be the case, on top of a youthful team, I believe WB falls to Salem in a close one similar to last nights dual against Alliance. And I think Marlington wins the matches wrestled against West Branch, but it’d still be considered a stretch for them to win the dual considering their resume of forfeits this season.

My updated team predictions.
1. Carrollton/Minerva - 6-0, 5-1. I’d like to take a look at projected lineups and a realistic score considering how these teams line up against each other.
3. Alliance (4-2)
4. Salem (2-4) criteria over WB
5. West Branch (2-4)
6. Marlington (1-5) criteria over CS
7. Canton South (1-5)

Last edited:
looking forward to your detailed breakdown of Car/Min, I think both will be at Claymont tourney coming soon.

Minerva / Carrollton - Dual PROJECTIONS

106 : Mueller vs. Jenkins. Mueller dec.
3-0 Minerva.
113 : Norris vs. Snair. Norris dec.
6-0 Minerva
120 : Strader vs. Pidgeon. Pidgeon dec.
6-3 Minerva.
126 : Brocklehurst vs. Carman. Carman pin. 9-6 Carrollton.
132 : McCrobie vs. Rininger. McCrobie dec. 9-9.
138 : Fletcher vs. Bennett. Bennett pin.
15-9 Carrollton.
144 : Mcclish vs Speelman. Speelman pin. 21-9 Carrollton.
150 : Miller vs. Byler/Hilliard. Carrollton pin. 27-9 Carrollton.
157 : Louive vs. Byler/Hilliard. Louive pin. 27-15 Carrollton.
165 : Chaddock vs. Carman. Chaddock pin. 27-21 Carrollton.
175 : Dietrich vs. Powell. Powell pin.
33-21 Carrollton.
190 : Hilliard vs. Zinda. Zinda dec.
36-21 Carrollton.
215 : Haines vs. Pridemore. Haines pin.
36-27 Carrollton.
HWT : FF vs Fritz. 42-27 Carrollton.

Biggest swing matches: 106, 113, 190

Last edited: