Eastern District DIV Sectional Final

Bucketz

If seeds hold true: Strasburg vs Shenandoah, Rosecrans vs. Hiland, Malvern vs. Toronto, Shadyside vs. Frontier. I'm guessing tickets for Hiland/Rosecrans may be hard to find.

Bishop Rosecrans losing to Licking Valley at home, Thursday February 20,is a bit of a surprise,Valley finished regular season at 11-11

Bishop Rosecrans losing to Licking Valley at home, Thursday February 20,is a bit of a surprise,Valley finished regular season at 11-11
Rosecrans is good but if about half this district played their schedule they would win 15-20 games

Rosecrans is good but if about half this district played their schedule they would win 15-20 games
Problem with the MSL this year is lack of depth and talent. Lots of great coaching and emphasis on fundamentals, though.

Hiland beats CV 64-13. Hawks were up 55-3 at halftime equating to a running clock for the entire 2nd half where Hiland played the JV team after the first few seconds. I guess a moral victory for the Rockets in the 2nd half outscoring Hiland 10-9!

End of 1st qtr Hiland 9 ZBR 8

At half ZBR 19 Hiland 18

Hiland surges in 3rd behind Sommers and Haberger. 33- 23

Hiland wins big. 50-30 final. Ain't gonna lie - this one was sweeter than usual. ZBR poked the bear.

Last edited:
Hey PITman buddy of mine went to the Triway game, said it was very physical game,alot of fouls, Titian's with a big second half to win, congrats Triway on the win

Hey PITman buddy of mine went to the Triway game, said it was very physical game,alot of fouls, Titian's with a big second half to win, congrats Triway on the win
Yes, a gritty win for sure. We sat 3 starters for a 5-minute stretch in the 2nd quarter and trailed by 11 in 3rd quarter but then took over.

"Schlabach also thought Rock’s move to pass twice was smart given the circumstances, but also helped his team.

'I would be lying if I said it didn’t get us fired up a little bit because we had been struggling a little bit lately,' he said. 'Once this happened, there was a renewed focus in practice leading up to this game.'”

That's what he said publicly. Would love to know what the private message to his team was. I imagine it was a little more colorful.

I guess another big mistake Rock made, was giving Mark and his assistants almost two weeks to get ready for Rosecrans,I can bet you Hiland spent 95 percent of there practice was getting ready for Rosecrans and probably less than 5 percent talking about Conotton Valleys game last Tuesday,

Sectional games I went to this weekend cut down the nets. The winners were the regular season poll champs and the defending state champion.