East Palestine Football Opening

The way they lose kids to other schools you can’t blame him. Even tho he being the coach should be able to get kids to stay home. Maybe a new coach will

EP has really fallen on hard times. Sebring isn't much different.
Both are graveyards for coaches.

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious". ?

jk: the devil made me do it. ?

I think the Trojans have a better chance of reversing their fortunes.
EP has a long way to go.

You jokers laugh when I bitch about the BOE and OE. This is the root of the huge problem at EP and starts with the BOE!
Seems like everyone has to recruit their own players these days…especially when it seems like every families first reaction is to take their kids to another district when they don’t like something. EP has a beautiful facility too…district seemed to invest in their students…where do EP kids go and why?

Struggling program with low numbers plus a late season coaching change spells a very bad future for the Bulldogs. They may need to merge with Sebring to have a program in 2022 unless they hit a home run with a new coach.
Are those schol districts even close to each other?

Seems like everyone has to recruit their own players these days…especially when it seems like every families first reaction is to take their kids to another district when they don’t like something. EP has a beautiful facility too…district seemed to invest in their students…where do EP kids go and why?
Take a good guess. I will say this, Crestview and Columbiana would both be most likely D7 if EP kids stayed home. Some go to Heartland for basketball and soccer. Bad rap, hearsay and more are the cause. Mostly stupid, illogical hires for athletics. EP just lost one of the best football coaches in the area through the existing inadequacy on the BOE.

Last edited:
Are those schol districts even close to each other?
No Wildcat, they are on opposite ends of the county. Actually, EP is in the northeast corner of Columbiana County and Sebring is in the southwest corner of Mahoning. That was more of a tongue in cheek comment since both programs are really struggling right now. Both are leaking students like a sieve to Crestview and Columbiana for East Palestine, and Sebring loses students to West Branch which completely surrounds the Sebring school district. The future is not very bright for either district if changes aren't made with the administration at both schools.

Could never understand why Sebring remains a distrct when surrounded by Beloit West Branch. Much have good levy support I would guess.

Should they go a younger guy? It will be very hard to find a staff this late
This is not a good situation for a young coach to jump into. Hell, it’s gonna be bad for any coach but an experienced guy will definitely be better suited. But you’re right, this late they might not have many options.

This is not a good situation for a young coach to jump into. Hell, it’s gonna be bad for any coach but an experienced guy will definitely be better suited. But you’re right, this late they might not have many options.
Any experienced coach would avoid this like the plague.

Take a good guess. I will say this, Crestview and Columbiana would both be most likely D7 if EP kids stayed home. Some go to Heartland for basketball and soccer. Bad rap, hearsay and more are the cause. Mostly stupid, illogical hires for athletics. EP just lost one of the best football coaches in the area through the existing inadequacy on the BOE.
This is not a slam just a question. What is it specifically that the BOE does or is doing that is hurting athletics at EP?

I would assume they would want the next HC to be a teacher in the high school... I know its not 'mandatory' to do this, but at a place that is losing students like they are, a HC in the building to recruit EP kids and retain them sounds like a good idea to me.

I believe Mike Dempster is on the offensive staff, if they could get him in the building, and if he wants it, that is a no-brainer and big W for the bulldogs. I hope they get the right guy to lead this team from where they are now. Beautiful stadium, amazing turf, just need to fill the seats now

Sadly, EP hasn't had a teacher/administrator in the building coach the football team since Blevins was head coach something like 20 years ago. Ironically, they had some pretty solid teams then. Bulldog1974 can maybe provide more information, but I don't think there is anyone in the building that would be interested or qualified to take on the head coaching job.

Sadly, EP hasn't had a teacher/administrator in the building coach the football team since Blevins was head coach something like 20 years ago. Ironically, they had some pretty solid teams then. Bulldog1974 can maybe provide more information, but I don't think there is anyone in the building that would be interested or qualified to take on the head coaching job.
No, Protopapa in 2003, Miller, 2005, Sharkey was in the school in 2009. Franklin is in the school, someone mentioned Dempster, he was at United before Oglevie came back. Point blank, this is not the time to be changing coaches, especially with a team with low numbers.

No, Protopapa in 2003, Miller, 2005, Sharkey was in the school in 2009. Franklin is in the school, someone mentioned Dempster, he was at United before Oglevie came back. Point blank, this is not the time to be changing coaches, especially with a team with low numbers.
Any insight on what happened? Tony's decision, admin, both? Any chance they have an opening in the school for someone to come in from the outside? I'm really asking a lot from you Bulldog haha!!